• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's time for a Crusade

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
the most important thing for a christian is to reach salvation....with God or Jesus or whatever

and buddhists search for salvation too.

i *believe* that all religions are just different pathes to the same goal, spiritual fuzziness/God/salvation.

no matter what you may call it, its the same.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I've got a suggestion then, how about everybody who feels their religion is worth dying for gets their gun, grenades, dynamite and does just that. The rest of us could get on with sensible debate and enjoying life for the most part. If zealous people want to die in order to be God's slave and be carried off by virgins or whatever then I simply ask you let the rest of us know when and where.

And when the time comes I'll see you all in hell. From heaven of course.

"Hmmm... the early church was afraid, and so this human institution called itself the ONLY valid way to enter the gates of heaven. how can corrupt powerhungry humans mandate who can enter heaven? (something not of this world but in the next, at least for you guys....thats if you believe in it)."- Gerani1248

This is a bit late I think, but I feel compelled to rebutt this. It is clear in the Bible, that the only way to heaven is through Christ's sacrifice on the cross. The only source of Christian teaching and dogma is the Bible. You cannot use any other sources to define Christian theology. Unfortunately, many Christian denominations have thrown out the Bible because of its "un-coolness" with the culture of today. I think this adds confusion to what Christian beliefs are actually based in Scripture and which ones aren't. However, justification is clearly explained in the Bible, and is not man-made.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
I cant look at the new testament as Jesus' teachings. sure there may be a lot of similairities of what he said and what is written, but understand, these are only 4 gospel accounts of the thousands.

sorry to break it to you, but the bible is man made, it wasnt thrown from the heavens onto earth.

um, many christian denominations started to read the bible because the catholic church would not let them, fearing that people will misinterpret it.
it wasnt until the last centure people can read bibles from the catholic church.

you say its clear in the bible that Christ is the only way to get to heaven.
somehow this doesnt make sense. the majoirty of the world is to burn in hell? God's chosen people will burn too?
how do you even know if Jesus is the true Christ?

makes no sense.

I know Christ is the true Christ because it is in the Bible. As to there being thousands of gospels; there are four only true gospels, the other have been proven heretical in various church councils and written centuries after the first four. The only way to heaven is through Christ. The gift of salvation is given to all people, unfortunately many have refused to believe it or added a human element to it. The Catholic church suppressed the Bible for the primary reason that it took away from the power of the Pope. You also must take into account though that the literacy rate up until a century or two ago was not very high. So even if the Bible was in vernacular back then, few would still have been able to read it. The Bible is man-written, but inspired by God, therefore it is without error.

Ceridwen018

Says who? Personally, I grasp nothing on faith alone. Even those things that I believe which you would argue require faith are still based on logic and tested theories.

Things that are based on nothing but 'deep feelings' and circular reasoning cannot be considered reality. Faith is a fad which has changed throughout the ages just like clothing. Yesterday it was Zeus, today it's Yahweh, tomorrow...? I prefer to put my trust in solid unchanging logic.

LCMS Sprecher said:
Can you prove that it is otherwise? Some things must be grasped by faith.
The only thing I can prove is that the Bible was written by humans, and that they are not the only humans whose writings are said to be divinely inspired. I could point to all the Bible contradictions and inaccuracies, but as long as one desperately wants the Bible to be inerrant one will always find excuses. (The same is true for those who follow the Koran, the Kabbalah, etc.) Anyway, I don't feel like getting into that debate.

I probably can't "prove" that ANY religious text is not divinely inspired. Many religious texts (or those who follow them) make this claim, so which one should we have faith in? Should we draw one out of a hat? How about thinking for ourselves instead...

"but as long as one desperately wants the Bible to be inerrant one will always find excuses."- Mr. Sprinkles

The same holds true to those who want the Bible to be in error. I agree with you that an argument is out of the question because this has been beaten to death, and it comes down to faith, which is also supernatural and unprovable.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
no one wants the bible to be in error. somehow its a fact that the bible is. it has several contradictions.

btw, lmcs preacher, is that a flower were that heart with the cross is coming out of? what type of flower? (look at ur sig).

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
no one wants the bible to be in error. somehow its a fact that the bible is. it has several contradictions.

btw, lmcs preacher, is that a flower were that heart with the cross is coming out of? what type of flower? (look at ur sig).

Sam Bloom

You left out the fanatical ultra conservative branch of the Christian religion. Something needs to be done about them also.

LCMS Sprecher said:
I agree with you that an argument is out of the question because this has been beaten to death, and it comes down to faith, which is also supernatural and unprovable.
Then how do you know the Bible is divinely inspired, as opposed to any other religious text? They all come down to faith, and according to all of their believers, they are inerrant. Which one should we have faith in? Or should we just adopt the faith of our parents?