• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Possible that You and I are about to Pay more Taxes than Trump

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
He got Obamacare past them, how'd he do that but not change taxes? Because both things make the rich richer and the poor poorer, and the one hand washes the other.
Because it took 16 months to get the ACA through, and presidents never can get all they want through in such a short period of time. For example, take a look what's happening with Trump whereas how many things did he say he'd do on his first day in office, including the repeal of the ACA?

metis

That is one theory. Speculation, at best, until more evidence is presented.
Notice that I didn't make any accusations, and I fully recognize that my "speculation" is highly conditional. But that there's a Russian connection with at least some of his appointees (especially Flynn, Manafort, & Page) to the campaign, which has gone beyond "speculation".

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Because it took 16 months to get the ACA through, and presidents never can get all they want through in such a short period of time. For example, take a look what's happening with Trump whereas how many things did he say he'd do on his first day in office, including the repeal of the ACA?

Perhaps he needed to make a donation to the Clinton Foundation to get more done on his first day.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Notice that I didn't make any accusations, and I fully recognize that my "speculation" is highly conditional. But that there's a Russian connection with at least some of his appointees (especially Flynn, Manafort, & Page) to the campaign, which has gone beyond "speculation".
Wait, I thought we were discussing Trump's taxes. Why are you bringing up Russia?

metis

Wait, I thought we were discussing Trump's taxes. Why are you bringing up Russia?
Because one of the BIG questions is why had Trump gone along with his bromance with Putin for so long, and does that have anything to do with his investments, loans, or possible compromised "positions" (British intelligence allegation) when he visited Moscow some years ago? He said he never talked with Putin, which we now know is a lie (what a surprise! :rolleyes:), claimed that he has no investments there (one of his sons said otherwise about a decade ago), etc.

His full tax returns could tell a large part of the real story.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Because one of the BIG questions is why had Trump gone along with his bromance with Putin for so long, and does that have anything to do with his investments, loans, or possible compromised "positions" (British intelligence allegation) when he visited Moscow some years ago? He said he never talked with Putin, which we now know is a lie (what a surprise! :rolleyes:), claimed that he has no investments there (one of his sons said otherwise about a decade ago), etc.

His full tax returns could tell a large part of the real story.
I like these claims which are completely undisprovable,
& in the form of questions which are unanswerable.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I know.
It's a huge problem.
She's part of it, but so are most of'm in both parties.
Last I looked into it, many want to, and favor reforms that most Americans would bipartisanly agree to, but they fear the wraith of the mega donors. Talks of secret votes have apparently also been mentioned here and there so the code can be adequately overhauled with the donors not knowing who to pull the plug on.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Last I looked into it, many want to, and favor reforms that most Americans would bipartisanly agree to, but they fear the wraith of the mega donors. Talks of secret votes have apparently also been mentioned here and there so the code can be adequately overhauled with the donors not knowing who to pull the plug on.
"Wraith"....are you using a phone which gives you weird spelling choices?
There'd be resistance from more than big donors.
Many others would hate my leveling the playing field by getting rid of personal deductions.

The only real solution is to put me in charge with unlimited authority.
Everyone would be happy (as would be required by law).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
"Wraith"....are you using a phone which gives you weird spelling choices?
There'd be resistance from more than big donors.
Many others would hate my leveling the playing field by getting rid of personal deductions.

The only real solution is to put me in charge with unlimited authority.
Everyone would be happy (as would be required by law).
And even though I hate Capitalism, I have no doubts I'd fair much better under your system with unlimited authority. That "hard work" thing might actually for once pay off.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And even though I hate Capitalism, I have no doubts I'd fair much better under your system with unlimited authority. That "hard work" thing might actually for once pay off.
Your unexploited potential would be unleashed upon an unprepared public.
Boooowhahahhahahhahahhaa, etc!