• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's official - I'm unemployed

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
And it feels weird - but good weird!

I have a funny feeling that I will not be bored for a second. First stop on my new life journey - Ohio, to visit my brother! Next stop, Charleston, WV, then Gatlinburg, Nashville, and Memphis!

Stopping in to see the King while I'm there. Anyone know of a good BBQ place in Memphis?

Kathryn

Congratulations! Enjoy this new phase of your life. :beach:

Thank you!!!!! I am so happy! I am so grateful for my husband - what a gift he's given me! One of the best gifts of my lifetime. I am going to make sure he never regrets spoiling me like this.

lunamoth

Will to love
In a strange turn of events, we have the opposite situation in our house. I recently returned to full time work and my husband is now at home with the kids between jobs. My returning to work allowed him to make a career change he's been wanting for a long time, but he can't start right away because of a no compete contract.

Kathryn

In a strange turn of events, we have the opposite situation in our house. I recently returned to full time work and my husband is now at home with the kids between jobs. My returning to work allowed him to make a career change he's been wanting for a long time, but he can't start right away because of a no compete contract.

Sounds interesting - how long does he have to wait under that contract?

lunamoth

Will to love
Yikes! But do you enjoy your new job? I enjoyed working for most of my career. I mean, I would still be working happily if this opportunity hadn't come up.

Yes, I love my job. And it is even better with him taking care of things at home, getting the kids off to school etc. Nice to be able to go in early or stay late without worry if I need to.

Kathryn

Yes, I love my job. And it is even better with him taking care of things at home, getting the kids off to school etc. Nice to be able to go in early or stay late without worry if I need to.

That IS nice. My daughter and her husband have a similar arrangement because he's finishing up school, and she works an evening shift. It works out fine for their family.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Kathryn,

It's official - I'm unemployed
Personally find no one to be as unemployed; just that all employments are not *gainful* in financial terms!

Best Wishes to deployment of energies in other areas, hereon.

Love & rgds

Last edited: