• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's mre than a little drustating ...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
So, I'm older, my vision is worse, and my keyboard is smaller, all conspiring to increase the number of typos to be found in my posts. It's more than a little frustrating, but it is what it is. Sorry about that. :)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
So, I'm older, my vision is worse, and my keyboard is smaller, all conspiring to increase the number of typos to be found in my posts. It's more than a little frustrating, but it is what it is. Sorry about that. :)

I'm older, have had cataract surgery, with lense implants in both eyes. Had detached retina surgery (one was a total detachment) twice in one eye and have to use xiidra for dry eye issues....AND I work in IT....you are not alone.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Try it with dyslexia and a stupid smart phone. If i had a dollar for the number of times ive faced this (rarely on RF), id have around $85.

2d9f18e4332aff7326d069e2aef9266c.jpg

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I think the best thing to do in this situation is to just develope the skill of not giving a crap. :D

Amazing how much easier life gets after that skill is developed!

PureX

Veteran Member
Yup. I need a keyboard if I want to ever say anything. Touch screens are just too small and too sensitive.

Want to become richer that Bill Gates? Invent a fast, intuitive computer interface that doesn't require typing, or audio commands. You will become wildly wealthy overnight.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Yup. I need a keyboard if I want to ever say anything. Touch screens are just too small and too sensitive.

Want to become richer that Bill Gates? Invent a fast, intuitive computer interface that doesn't require typing, or audio commands. You will become wildly wealthy overnight.

They have that already, actually. Stephen hawking had a sensor that would track his eyes and type a message according to where they landed, if I remember correctly.

PureX

Veteran Member
They have that already, actually. Stephen hawking had a sensor that would track his eyes and type a message according to where they landed, if I remember correctly.
But that would take great effort to 'learn' to use. We need it to be intuitive.

Now that we're all wearing masks, anyway, maybe a soundproof mask for audio input. But ideally, a 'consciousness reader' of some sort.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I got cataract surgery a couple of years ago, paid $2,000 above what my insurance would cover so that I could get multifocal lenses, the kind that correct your close-up vision as well as your distance vision. I'm wearing reading glasses as we speak. Wish I'd put the $2,000 towards a nice vacation, since my distance vision never was all that bad in the first place.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe try voice-to-text?

Not only does it make posting eaiser, it gives you something to blame your typos on.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
going to have my cataracts done on the 14th and 28th...
They're quite good at that now, but 'all the best'. :)
My right eye has a cataract but so far I haven't bothered with doing anything about it because it is very badly myopic and my brain only uses my left eye's signals anyway.