• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Its hard to take scriptures serious with verses like these

psychoslice

Veteran Member
You know I tried to see the good in the Islamic faith, I read the Koran with an open mind, I tried to put myself into their place, but I couldn't keep up the persuade, it just made no sense to me what so ever. All I experienced was sadness, and evil, their whole ideology is based on horrible laws, caused by a horrible God, but because he is their God they must summit to him for they have no other choice. They say they are a religion of peace but I just cannot see that, I wish I could, I really do. I myself try to see good in everything, and mostly I do, but with this belief system called Islam I honestly cannot see that, and that is sad, I do feel for these people, I feel so sorry for them, I really do.

firedragon

Veteran Member
You know I tried to see the good in the Islamic faith, I read the Koran with an open mind, I tried to put myself into their place, but I couldn't keep up the persuade, it just made no sense to me what so ever. All I experienced was sadness, and evil, their whole ideology is based on horrible laws, caused by a horrible God, but because he is their God they must summit to him for they have no other choice. They say they are a religion of peace but I just cannot see that, I wish I could, I really do. I myself try to see good in everything, and mostly I do, but with this belief system called Islam I honestly cannot see that, and that is sad, I do feel for these people, I feel so sorry for them, I really do.

What are the horrible laws you saw in the Quran. Tell me two of them.

arthra

Baha'i
Hi to you my respected friend, yes I realize that now, but still, don't the people of Islam still keep these laws, or writings ?.

Yes... that's my understanding. The Qur'an of course has pre-eminence and is acknowledged by everyone. The Hadith traditions that you posted have varying value depending on the chain of authority they have... Some are very weak and pretty much ignored. There are five schools of jurisprudence in Islam and you have Sunni and Shiah Muslims. Shiahs value the sayings attributed to the Twelve Imams including descendants of Ali and Fatima daughter of the Prophet while Sunnis value the Hadith collections of Bukhari and Muslim. The terrorist groups are viewed as extremists by most Muslims. As to Hadiths there's a fairly good summary to be found in my view at

Hadith - Wikipedia

Muffled

Jesus in me
Are there any YouTube videos of moderate Muslims marching on mass to demonstrate their repulsion for their violent brothers?
I believe they are smart enough to figure out that fanatics are not swayed by demonstrations. They believe they are right and everyone else is wrong.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Who is the 'B' man? The Baha'i prophet?

Also I was referring more to people outside of the Abrahmic traditions. People of eastern and new age traditions

Why do you not follow the Koran then if you believe Mohammed was a prophet?

I believe he is the founder of the Ba'hai faith but not a prophet. I have trouble spelling out his name and getting the apostrophes in the right place.

I believe I do not view Mohammed as a prophet but as a messenger. A prophet tells the future. I don't follow Mohammed because I have all I need from Jesus.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I believe they are smart enough to figure out that fanatics are not swayed by demonstrations. They believe they are right and everyone else is wrong.

Unfortunately, they are not smart enough to figure out that the Quran is nothing but garbage.