• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Good News...

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
What happens when you meet opposition to your truthes?

I see a big difference between just expressing one's truth and claiming it applies to everyone and there are severe consequences for not accepting.

If the truth is important enough, is it worth debating it?

Some people feel like they are pulling the fire alarm before the fire gets out of hand when expressing their truth.

Since reality is reality and no other, isn't it important to battle for the truth?

The wall bangers vs. the door openers.

Whatever the case all truth should only be fought over civilly. If it leads to violence then it's probably not true.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Then I adjust accordingly.

I see a big difference between just expressing one's truth and claiming it applies to everyone and there are severe consequences for not accepting.

I don't claim my truth applies to everyone.

No.

Some people feel like they are pulling the fire alarm before the fire gets out of hand when expressing their truth.

Not all of us are in the same building.

Since reality is reality and no other, isn't it important to battle for the truth?

I see this reality as illusory. Truth in an illusory reality is relative.

Whatever the case all truth should only be fought over civilly. If it leads to violence then it's probably not true.

Fighting over "truth" is an exercise in futility.

By the way, this is a joke thread. Lighten up. :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

The wall bangers vs. the door openers.

It is a two way street. If you say your belief and the other rather than interested share his belief as a means to overlook yours it's presyletizing.

It sticks out like a red flag between sharing and evangelizing.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
*sigh* You're doing this more wrong than that thing you call a sense of fashion.:p

Everything I'm given to do is wrong. I have come to the conclusion that it's so others have an example of what not to do.

Viker

Häxan
Good news is better than no news.

I, on the other hand, am assembling an Inquisition for why people aren't converting to my beliefs. There will be torture but there will also be epiphany in pain and salvation!