• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Its Good news .

MatthewA

@Moonjuice if you would like to see my presented case this it; you might not believe it or agree and I understand but it is what I believe though. Thank for your comment I really do mean that because there is a lot of that misconception of who God is; and what God is about.

I believe that answer is found in the bible itself; and not for us to listen to the doctrines of men and what they may spouse as the truth. @Jeremiah Ames : The truth is so important to me in my life that it would be to know the truth about God; and who he is and what He is about.

God is a consuming fire; spirit; good; love. He is not someone we human beings can just sit on the couch with he would obliterate our entire surroundings. I believe according to scriptures that explain what God is, I just do not have them right here with me atm.

When it comes to leaving this earth; our souls go to God and not our body. I believe people who are unbelievers are placed outside the Kingdom of God; and believers are placed inside the kingdom of God. (I believe according to scripture 2 resurrections one for unbelievers; one for believers) Also base on Revelation 22.

I do not believe God send unbelievers to hell to be punished forever and ever and ever; I do believe hell/she'ol (the place of the covering of the dead had went to) There was a place for believers; and non believers. I believe according to scriptures of Revelation 22.

When Jesus Christ had died; He went to Hell/She'ol too; and he went and proclaimed a message to those who died in Noahs day. Then was resurrected on the third day by God. I believe according to the scriptures.

I believe that Hell/Sheol - the place for the dead (covered place of the dead where souls went to) - was emptied before on the white throne judgement day in the bible and all the souls with-in came out and were judged and placed where they were to go. Outside or inside of the kingdom of heaven.

I do not believe God send people to hell where they still have their flesh and are being burned and tortured by flames of burning their skin.

That is horrible and a huge big misrepresenting of God.

Jesus Christ I believe has had victory over Sheol/Hell, The Grave, Sin, Death, and Satan, personally. We as believers get to live in freedom to serve willingly to Love God, and to Love others by and through the spirit we have in our lives and it allows us to be thankful and have a relationship with the true and living God ; by and through faith on the Son of God Yeshua Christ who is the truth, the way, the life, and no one has access to the Father except by and through Him. I believe personally.

It is also a personal choice. If you have desires for learning and growing in the information about God and the Lord Jesus Christ or not.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Ames

@Jeremiah Ames Yes Jesus Christ paid the sins on the cross once and for all people. (Hebrews 10) I believe He paid for the sins past, present, and future. Sorry you do not understand what it means to be saved to the kingdom of the Son/Heaven/Heavenly Jerusalem.

I have a scripture though that shows how we are saved from darkness into the kingdom of God's Son by faith; and God is the one who pulls us up from the darkness.

This is what I believe happens to people when they are born again by the spirit and their mind has changed to start seeking after the things of God, and the Lord Jesus Christ and heavenly things from them. We are saved to the kingdom of the Son/ ; Heavenly Jerusalem is our final destination and it by faith we believe and trust in god.

Colossians 1
9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Thanks for the clarification. Your additional words sounds like we are saved for something in our future.

Why can’t we be saved here on earth? Why can’t we be saved right now?
Eternal life does not need to begin after our death. Why can’t it begin today?

One more thing: it seems illogical that Jesus “paid” for our sins. What needed to be paid? I cannot find this concept in the Bible.

MatthewA

Good question; He paid for the sin that happened at the fall of mankind; that broken relationship between God and man; when Adam and eve had been led out the Garden. He came to restore that; by and through his death on the cross, and resurrection. I believe.

So that now Jesus Christ is the mediator between God and Man. I believe according to scriptures.

Why cant we be saved here on earth now? We can be saved to the kingdom of heaven here on this earth now by faith. I believe.

I believe the kingdom of heaven resides in believers by faith known - a little piece of heaven - the holy spirit/spirit of Christ that indwells us. (Galatians 2:20). I believe.

I personally believe by and through being saved by the grace of God by faith which is not of my myself it is a gift from God (of course I did make the choice to believe and seek after Him); that when I die; a spiritual body will be received by and from God; and will go on unto the heavenly Jerusalem to be with God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Ames

Good question; He paid for the sin that happened at the fall of mankind; that broken relationship between God and man; when Adam and eve had been led out the Garden. He came to restore that; by and through his death on the cross, and resurrection. I believe.

So that now Jesus Christ is the mediator between God and Man. I believe according to scriptures.

Why cant we be saved here on earth now? We can be saved to the kingdom of heaven here on this earth now by faith. I believe.

I personally believe by and through being saved by the grace of God by faith which is not of my myself it is a gift from God (of course I did make the choice to believe and seek after Him); that when I die; a spiritual body will be received by God; and will go on unto the heavenly Jerusalem to be with God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Forgive me for asking so many questions of you. (It’s because I really like your responses)

Another question just hit me after reading your last message. You said “saved by the grace of God”. Do you think in addition to being saved to heaven and eternal life, we are also saved FROM something, and if so, what is it?

MatthewA

We are also saved from Darkness. Our natural hateful, greedy, selfish ways. Our heart is changed. We are saved from the darkness of our heart;mind. That is what I believe. Others may believe differently.

@Jeremiah Ames I desire to help and encourage people who are struggling anything that has to do with God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and I do not have every answer; only what is and has been made known to me by and through the bible. I believe the truth is needed and that faith comes by hearing the truth of the word of God. (Romans 10:16-18 I believe)

Last edited:

John1.12

Free gift
The good news? The good news is that God, who loves you, also has plans to torture you for all of eternity. Why? Because you were born into a world where you need to be saved from deserved torture. BUT, because he does love you, he has allowed an escape clause from his eternal damnation. The clause is, he wants you to believe he came down in human form, to have himself murdered 2,000 years ago. Then he went back to heaven where he came from. He did this on your behalf so that he doesn't have to punish you for what you do wrong. The good news is, a human sacrifice event, a vicarious redemption, has to be believed or you will be tortured for all of eternity. I'd call this very sad news, not good news at all.
Thank goodness your version is not true .

Moonjuice

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
@Moonjuice

Nope those are false representations of who God is, and what God is about.

If you listen to someone who said. Jesus Christ only died to save special and elect people ( which I do believe he did grab a hand full of people who were the church bride a long time ago ); and that the rest of the world is going into a place where :

Flesh is consumed by fire; and pain is initiated on the body because God desires that people are to be thrown in hell.

I believe you have come across someone who does not understand God at all; and believe they would probably judge people very harshly even condemn them.

That is not good news.
What do you mean those are false representations? You mean Christians do not believe you have to be saved? Of course you do. Its the one belief among every Christian denomination that you all agree makes you a Christian.

Jeremiah Ames

Darkness. Our natural hateful, greedy, selfish ways. Our heart is changed. We are saved from the darkness of our heart;mind. That is what I believe. Others may believe differently.

@Jeremiah Ames I desire to help and encourage people who are struggling anything that has to do with God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and I do not have every answer; only what is and has been made known to me by and through the bible. I believe the truth is needed and that faith comes by hearing the truth of the word of God. (Romans 10:16-18 I believe)
Wow. Beautiful response.

MatthewA

I do not agree with every Christian in what they believe when it comes to how they represent God; no. That would be silly to do.

I will love them either way, if that is their view. ( I believe that faith and love are paramount to being a Christian)

There are people in this world who believe that God; set up the world for himself; to send half of the earth population into hell to be burned forever and ever ever.

If people believe that that is fine; I do not believe that version of what is presented is true and it is far from the truth.

@Moonjuice Thank you for your response and this is the only thing I can present to you brother thank you for your time.