• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's friggin' cold out there - take ur cat inside

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
It's friggin' cold. Even here in California, in the 40's (F) this morning when I went outside to defrost my car windows, this feels like what I recall back one winter about 20 years ago.

I have relatives in Vancouver area Canada, and even they are complaining and they are familiar with cold weather. I feel sorry for areas of East Canada. Someone from Minnesota called up a California radio show here this morning and gave some miserable unseasonal early freezing warnings.

I pray for the cats whose owners leave them outside. Those bass-tar-zzz. I observed one such cat this morning when I went out front, it seemed to want to approach me and was cold. I put a warm towel out nearby.

I can't take the cold anymore as I grow older. I prefer hot weather to very cold weather, that's just me. One thing I found that works with mitigating the effects of the cold is cow urine. You can get it in dried tablet form or distilled in a bottle. My favorite brand, which I order on eBay, is Go-ARK brand from Vrindavan, India.

I also use a Zippo brand hand warmer... it uses lighter fluid. No, the cow urine won't catch fire.

I got a bad sense from the "beaver" in me that this is going to be a bad winter. Like, I don't want to build a beaver dam and get caught under the frozen ice.

Keep ur cats indoors, plz.

Paradox22

I'm only Hume ian
40's huh? We in Michigan weep for you. :mad:
Seriously though. Thanks for aiding the cat. Ours escaped on the coldest day of the year several winters ago.:(

mimpibird39

So Many Gods!
Yeah, people around here leave their cats outside all the time too. Over the summer I started leaving water out for the neighbor's cat because he would sleep under the tree in my backyard all the time and be out all night. I was worried about him being dehydrated when it was so hot out. I leave towels out too during rain storms or winter time. Now that it is getting cold, a lot of cats hide under cars for warmth so I make sure to tap the hood whenever I go out to warm the car up.

My cat is usually never allowed out at night. For one thing, I'm worried about other animals going after her. Now I worry about her getting cold. One time she got caught in a light rainstorm and I had to go out there and coax her out from under the shed at night because someone -.- let her out.

You can also make a simple outdoor cat box for stray and neighborhood cats to keep warm in.