• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

its all happening in these the last days

verita

logician said:
The book of revelation was obviously written by a madman.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein:for the time is at hand.

may

verita said:
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein:for the time is at hand.
yes ,
Happy is he who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and who observe the things written in it; for the appointed time is near. REV 1;3 this brings to mind the words of Jesus in
(Matthew 7:24) "Therefore everyone that hears these sayings of mine and does them will be likened to a discreet man, who built his house upon the rock-mass.
also James said(James 1:25) But he who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and who persists in [it], this [man], because he has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, will be happy in his doing [it]. ...........so in these last days Jesus said that many things would be happening on the earth as a composite sign , and one of those things would be that the GOODNEWS OF THE KINGDOM will be preached in all the nations . matthew 24;14 and this goodnews will be for a witness to the nations,then the end will come. (not the end of the world) but the end of manmade rulership Daniel 2;44 yes its all happening in this time of the end. and the prophecy in revelation 18;4 about getting out of BABYLON THE GREAT is undergoing fullfillment right now, many from all nations are getting out of (the world empire of false religion) that is what babylon the great is. yes the book of revelation is being opened up in this time of the end .thilling times indeed

Baerly

may said:
Baerly said:
So your saying that this particular part of the book of Revelation was wrote to first century christians to tell them in 1914 wars were going to start. That would not give the first century christains much hope at the time they were actually dying for the faith would it.

Doesn't the first chapter of the book of Revelation say that these things must SHORTLY come to pass (Rev. 1:1). Not some 2000 years later. - in love Baerly[/quotMake no mistake about it , the book of revelation is for our day , in fact the word revelation means an UNCOVERING OR REVEALING.
world events continue to unfold in fulfillment of Bible prophecy, we are now in the Lords day spoken of in revelation.
Revelation adds its testimony to many other Bible prophecies, showing that Jehovah God purposes to create new heavens and a new earth. (Isaiah 65:17; 66:22; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1-5) Primarily, its message is addressed to anointed Christians, whom Jesus has bought with his blood to become corulers with him in the new heavens. (Revelation 5:9, 10) Nevertheless, this good news will also fortify the faith of those millions who look forward to everlasting life under Christ’s Kingdom. Are you one of these? Then Revelation will strengthen your hope of living in Paradise, as part of the new earth, with the enjoyment of an abundance of peace, vibrant health, and an overflow of God’s provisions that will never end. (Psalm 37:11, 29, 34; 72:1, 7, 8, 16) If you want to survive into that new world, it is urgent, yes, mandatory, that you pay attention to Revelation’s graphic description of the epoch-making climax now at hand.—Zephaniah 2:3; John 13:17.
It is urgent that we observe the words of the prophecy, "for the appointed time is near." The appointed time for what? For the fulfillment of the prophecies of Revelation, including God’s judgments. The time is near for God and Jesus Christ to execute final judgment on Satan’s world system. When Jesus was here on earth, he stated that only his Father knew "that day or the hour." Looking ahead to the troubles that have multiplied on earth from World War I onward, Jesus also said: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen." So the appointed time for executing God’s decision must be drawing perilously close. (Mark 13:8, 30-32) As Habakkuk 2:3 states: "The vision is yet for the appointed time, and it keeps panting on to the end, and it will not tell a lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late." Our salvation through the great tribulation depends on our observing God’s prophetic Word.—Matthew 24:20-22.
My friend, I found this lesson on thepreachersfiles.com/end_times/000987.htm
I have no doubt this guy can say it much better than I. Please take notice of what this says, it is only a portion of the lesson.

Much rapture material is filled with scripture references that appear, at first, to back up the teaching of the rapture. A closer look at those passages finds that they are quoted out of context or their meaning is twisted. For example, much is made of Matthew 24 prophecies about tribulation (Matthew 24:21) and one taken and another being left (Matthew 24:40-41). Yet, if one reads the first three verses in this chapter, it becomes apparent that Jesus is talking about the destruction of the Temple. The most puzzling part of Matthew 24 is verse 15 and its reference to "the Abomination of Desolation." What is that? Luke 21 contains the parallel passage to Matthew 24 and reveals that the Abomination of Desolation is Roman armies: "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near" (Luke 21:20). Note who is to see this. You and I? No, Jesus says when "you" see it — clearly meaning the people to whom He was then talking. The admonitions and warnings contained in Matthew 24 are for the people of Jesus' time. To take the prophecy of Jerusalem's destruction, fulfilled in AD 70, and twist it into something for today is a gross misuse of scripture. Notice that Jesus says that what He speaks of in Matthew 24 will take place within the lifetime of those who heard Him speak the prophecy: "Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place" (Matthew 24:34). If Jesus is talking about the rapture in Matthew 24, then He lied for it did not happen in the first century! - in love Baerly

Baerly

may said:
so in these last days Jesus said that many things would be happening on the earth as a composite sign , and one of those things would be that the GOODNEWS OF THE KINGDOM will be preached in all the nations . matthew 24;14 and this goodnews will be for a witness to the nations,then the end will come. (not the end of the world) but the end of manmade rulership Daniel 2;44 yes its all happening in this time of the end.

My bible says that the gospel was preached to all the world in the first century
(Col.1:6,23). The bible also says the gospel was preached to all the nations in
(Rom. 16:26). in love Baerly

may

Baerly said:
My bible says that the gospel was preached to all the world in the first century
(Col.1:6,23). The bible also says the gospel was preached to all the nations in
(Rom. 16:26). in love Baerly
yes, that is quite right it was preached in all the known world at that time , and the last thing that Jesus said to his disiples before he went back to heaven , was this in matthew 28;19-20
Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things."
Jesus’ parting commission to be witnesses to the ends of the earth, as recorded in Acts 1:8, did not end with the early Christians. They did a fine job telling out the "good news" as far as they could go "in all the world" or ‘in all creation under heaven’ in their day. (Col. 1:5, 6, 23) But as time went by those expressions would take on new scope, as the ever-increasing population sprawled out over six continents and countless islands, literally "to the most distant part of the earth."

logician

Christianity has to be running scared, since it has been debunked from a logical viewpoint.

Like many religions, the fundamentalists take over when the religion is threatened.

may

logician said:
Christianity has to be running scared, since it has been debunked from a logical viewpoint.

Like many religions, the fundamentalists take over when the religion is threatened.
true christianity is alive and active False christianity is in darkness and on its way out for good.

may

logician said:
That is "true Christianity", there are many, many denominations and variants of it.
yes that is true ,but there must be only one that is true , they cant all be true , when they all say something different

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
may said:
yes that is true ,but there must be only one that is true , they cant all be true , when they all say something different
Perhaps God is so great, that there are multiple truths in Him? Maybe God isn't limited to one persons view of Truth.

gnostic

The Lost One
May said:
maybe you were not hearing and seeing;)

Then I would need to have my eyesight re-tested and a new pair of glasses.:cool: I also would need to get a pair of hearing aids.:shrug:

Do you think I have time to get them all done, before the prophesised sky fall on my heads? :bonk:

may

gnostic said:
Then I would need to have my eyesight re-tested and a new pair of glasses.:cool: I also would need to get a pair of hearing aids.:shrug:

Do you think I have time to get them all done, before the prophesised sky fall on my heads? :bonk:
LOL its amazing how we can see clearer and hear better if we take off the blinkers and unstop the ears.;)

groovyable

gnostic said:
The prophecies must have happened when I blinked, because I had missed it all...again. :rolleyes:

Matthew 6:33

Keep on, then seeking first the Kingdom and his rightiousness, and all these other things will be added to you.: hamster :

xx

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
gnostic said:

iv'e seen the sky falling... but then chicken little solved the problem and fixed it, we need a holy chicken!and maybe a banana but thats just for me!on the subject is there such a thing as a holy chicken? just curious!