1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

its all happening in these the last days

Discussion in 'Biblical Debates' started by may, Jul 23, 2006.

1. gnostic

gnostic The Lost One

Ratings:
    +3,601
    Religion:
    Pi π
    The prophecies must have happened when I blinked, because I had missed it all...again. :rolleyes:

2. logician

logician Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +379
    The book of revelation was obviously written by a madman.

3. verita

verita Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
    Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
    Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein:for the time is at hand.

4. may

may Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110
    yes ,
    Happy is he who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and who observe the things written in it; for the appointed time is near. REV 1;3 this brings to mind the words of Jesus in
    (Matthew 7:24) "Therefore everyone that hears these sayings of mine and does them will be likened to a discreet man, who built his house upon the rock-mass.
    also James said(James 1:25) But he who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and who persists in [it], this [man], because he has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, will be happy in his doing [it]. ...........so in these last days Jesus said that many things would be happening on the earth as a composite sign , and one of those things would be that the GOODNEWS OF THE KINGDOM will be preached in all the nations . matthew 24;14 and this goodnews will be for a witness to the nations,then the end will come. (not the end of the world) but the end of manmade rulership Daniel 2;44 yes its all happening in this time of the end. and the prophecy in revelation 18;4 about getting out of BABYLON THE GREAT is undergoing fullfillment right now, many from all nations are getting out of (the world empire of false religion) that is what babylon the great is. yes the book of revelation is being opened up in this time of the end .thilling times indeed

5. Baerly

Baerly Active Member

Ratings:
    +13

6. Baerly

Baerly Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    My bible says that the gospel was preached to all the world in the first century
    (Col.1:6,23). The bible also says the gospel was preached to all the nations in
    (Rom. 16:26). in love Baerly

7. may

may Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110
    yes, that is quite right it was preached in all the known world at that time , and the last thing that Jesus said to his disiples before he went back to heaven , was this in matthew 28;19-20
    Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things."
    Jesus’ parting commission to be witnesses to the ends of the earth, as recorded in Acts 1:8, did not end with the early Christians. They did a fine job telling out the "good news" as far as they could go "in all the world" or ‘in all creation under heaven’ in their day. (Col. 1:5, 6, 23) But as time went by those expressions would take on new scope, as the ever-increasing population sprawled out over six continents and countless islands, literally "to the most distant part of the earth."

8. may

may Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110
    maybe you were not hearing and seeing;)

9. logician

Ratings:
    +379
    Christianity has to be running scared, since it has been debunked from a logical viewpoint.

Like many religions, the fundamentalists take over when the religion is threatened.

10. may

may Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110
    true christianity is alive and active False christianity is in darkness and on its way out for good.

11. logician

Ratings:
    +379
    That is "true Christianity", there are many, many denominations and variants of it.

12. may

may Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110
    yes that is true ,but there must be only one that is true , they cant all be true , when they all say something different

13. Super Universe

Super Universe Defender of God

Ratings:
    +396
    Religion:
    Urantia Book
    They don't all say something different you just wish to see it that way.

14. Halcyon

Halcyon Lord of the Badgers

Ratings:
    +1,002
    Perhaps God is so great, that there are multiple truths in Him? Maybe God isn't limited to one persons view of Truth.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gnostic

gnostic The Lost One

Ratings:
    +3,601
    Religion:
    Pi π
    Then I would need to have my eyesight re-tested and a new pair of glasses.:cool: I also would need to get a pair of hearing aids.:shrug:

Do you think I have time to get them all done, before the prophesised sky fall on my heads? :bonk:

16. may

may Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110
    i like to see it from the bibles point of view.

17. may

may Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110
    LOL its amazing how we can see clearer and hear better if we take off the blinkers and unstop the ears.;)

18. darkpenguin

darkpenguin Charismatic Enigma

Ratings:
    +153
    i'm still tapping my fingers while i wait lol

19. groovyable

groovyable Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Matthew 6:33

Keep on, then seeking first the Kingdom and his rightiousness, and all these other things will be added to you.: hamster :

xx

20. darkpenguin

darkpenguin Charismatic Enigma

Ratings:
    +153
    iv'e seen the sky falling... but then chicken little solved the problem and fixed it, we need a holy chicken!and maybe a banana but thats just for me!on the subject is there such a thing as a holy chicken? just curious!