• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

its all happening in these the last days

Booko

Deviled Hen
may said:
On the basis of Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6, which speak of "a day for a year," the "seven times" would cover 2,520 years. the bible always interpets itself

The details of the math, for those interested:

"seven times" = 7 prophetic years
1 prophetic year = 360 days

7x360=2520

If anyone really really wants to know what the Biblical justification is for a prophetic year being 360 days, let me know and I'll post it.

logician

Since the supposed Jesus never came the first time, it's quite unlikely he'll come a second time.

may

Booko said:
The details of the math, for those interested:

"seven times" = 7 prophetic years
1 prophetic year = 360 days

7x360=2520

If anyone really really wants to know what the Biblical justification is for a prophetic year being 360 days, let me know and I'll post it.
am i correct in saying that
in the Bible record the term "month" generally means 30 days, and its to do with the lunar calender?

BruceDLimber

may said:
am i correct in saying that
in the Bible record the term "month" generally means 30 days, and its to do with the lunar calender?

Hi again, May!

In fact, a prophetic "month" often means 30 years under the usual "day shall be as a year" rubric.

And some prophecies are based on the lunar calendar (such as the 1260 and 3 1/2 times ones), and others on the solar calendar (such as the 490 years one).

But they all fit together and give matching results regardless....

Best, :)

Bruce

MdmSzdWhtGuy

logician said:
Since the supposed Jesus never came the first time, it's quite unlikely he'll come a second time.

Are you referring to the fact that the Jewish saviour described in the Old Testament was supposed to be a military leader who overthrew the Jews' enemy's and not a teacher/holy man who was martyred?

You sir are letting facts, details and historical accuracy to get in the way of religion. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

B.

A

angellous_evangellous

logician said:

I think that both "comings" are just as likely to happen or have happened. In either case, there is just as much evidence for both.

Baerly

(Dan,2:44)(Isa.2:2)(Micah 4:1,2) all were fulfilled In (Acts 2). The Law was to go forth from Jerusalem.The kingdom was established at that time.

People were added to the kingdom in (Acts 2:41).

(Dan.2:44) said this would happen in the last days.

This is confirmed to be the last days in (Acts 2:16,17). So Man has been living in the last days since the death & ress. of Jesus according to the bible.

Paul said we have been translated into the kingdom already (Col.1:13).

John said I am your brother,and companion in tribulation,and in the kingdom (Rev.1:9). So the kingdom was established and people were being added to it in the first century.

Just a few scriptures to think about. Baerly

Baerly

In (Matt. 3:2) John the baptizer was telling people to repent ye;for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

In (Mark 14:42) Jesus used the term at hand to describe how near Judas was to him.The bible says While he yet spake,cometh Judas...

So when John said the kingdom of heaven was at hand ,he meant it was in the very near future,not some 2000 years later.

In (Matt. 16:18,19) Jesus equated the church with the kingdom.The church was established in (Acts 2).That is also when the kingdom began,because the church and the kingdom are one in the same.The keys to the kingdom are words that will save us (Acts 11:14). Baerly

PHOTOTAKER

MaddLlama said:
Funny, everyone's been talking about the "end times" for so long, I wonder if it will ever actually happen.
...were this is a beginning there is an end, but what if there is no end, nor beginning, then this is an eternity...

Smoke

Done here.
may said:
DECADES in advance, Bible students proclaimed that there would be significant developments in 1914.
They were, however, very wrong about what those developments would be -- as they had previously been wrong before 1914, and have continued to be wrong since then.

Here's a chart -- lifted from Wikipedia -- showing the history of the changing predictions of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Booko

Deviled Hen
logician said:

I can prove that you don't exist either. You're just a bot.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Baerly said:
(Dan,2:44)(Isa.2:2)(Micah 4:1,2) all were fulfilled In (Acts 2). The Law was to go forth from Jerusalem.The kingdom was established at that time.

People were added to the kingdom in (Acts 2:41).

(Dan.2:44) said this would happen in the last days.

This is confirmed to be the last days in (Acts 2:16,17). So Man has been living in the last days since the death & ress. of Jesus according to the bible.

Paul said we have been translated into the kingdom already (Col.1:13).

John said I am your brother,and companion in tribulation,and in the kingdom (Rev.1:9). So the kingdom was established and people were being added to it in the first century.

Just a few scriptures to think about. Baerly

How about the one where swords are supposed to be beaten into plowshares?

may

Booko said:
How about the one where swords are supposed to be beaten into plowshares?
Gods people do not learn war any more, they are taught by Jehovah. people from many nations are being taught by Jehovah and instructed in HIS WAYS so even now they have beaten their swords into plowshares by not learning war anymore. maybe at one time they did learn war . but not anymore, and there will come a time when everyone on earth will be taught by Jehovah , and then there will be peace.
"[Jehovah] is making wars to cease to the extremity of the earth."—PSALM 46:9.
True peace means peace every day. It means that you wake up each morning without a thought of war, without having to worry about your future, your children’s future, even your grandchildren’s future. It means complete peace of mind.
And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away. revelation 21;4
The Bible foretold that in the time of the end of this system, a fiery-colored horse, symbolizing war, would gallop throughout the earth. We read at Revelation 6:4: "Another came forth, a fiery-colored horse; and to the one seated upon it there was granted to take peace away from the earth so that they should slaughter one another; and a great sword was given him." Since 1914 we have seen this symbolic horseman "take peace away," and the nations have gone right on fighting and waging war.. but along with this, Gods people have been learning war no more, thats because they have the best teacher Jesus christ .

may

Jehovah has allowed humans to rule themselves independant of him , but 1914 was the start of the lastdays............. the last days of humans ruling themselves independant of God .and very shortly now, he is going to say .......ok that is enough."The great day of Jehovah is near. It is near, and there is a hurrying of it very much."—ZEPHANIAH 1:14.
Jehovah’s day of judgment is near, and he will soon execute vengeance on his enemies. Yet, Zephaniah’s prophecy does hold out the hope of deliverance. but first Jehovah is having a great witness going on all over the world.
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come matthew 24;14
(Mark 13:10) Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first.......... yes it is all happening right now in this the time of the end . thrilling times indeed. i am putting myself on the side of Jehovah and Jesus christ by recognizing Jesus kingship in 1914. that is the way to go if we want to escape Jehovahs anger . i am waving my symbolic palm branch to welcome Jesus as king of Gods kingdom.
After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: "Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb. revelation 7;9-10 yes this great crowd is without number because it is up to them to conceal themselves or not.
"Seek Jehovah . . . Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger."—ZEPHANIAH 2:3. the reason it says probably is because we have to make the choice ourselves. it is up to us

Baerly

I do not find anything in the bible saying anything about 1914.

The bible states that as long as we preach and teach what Jesus taught people will hate us (christians) ( Matt. 10:22).

We are to be fighting a war,but it is not a physical war,it is a spiritual battle (Eph. 6:12).

Our sword is the word of God (the bible) (Eph. 6:17). - in love Baerly

Baerly

I am sorry,but I have no idea why those fingers keep popping up on my post. I am sure I am doing it,but I do not know what I'm doing to cause it. Baerly

Baerly

may said:
Gods people do not learn war any more, they are taught by Jehovah. people from many nations are being taught by Jehovah and instructed in HIS WAYS so even now they have beaten their swords into plowshares by not learning war anymore. maybe at one time they did learn war . but not anymore, and there will come a time when everyone on earth will be taught by Jehovah , and then there will be peace.
"[Jehovah] is making wars to cease to the extremity of the earth."—PSALM 46:9.
True peace means peace every day. It means that you wake up each morning without a thought of war, without having to worry about your future, your children’s future, even your grandchildren’s future. It means complete peace of mind.
And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away. revelation 21;4
The Bible foretold that in the time of the end of this system, a fiery-colored horse, symbolizing war, would gallop throughout the earth. We read at Revelation 6:4: "Another came forth, a fiery-colored horse; and to the one seated upon it there was granted to take peace away from the earth so that they should slaughter one another; and a great sword was given him." Since 1914 we have seen this symbolic horseman "take peace away," and the nations have gone right on fighting and waging war.. but along with this, Gods people have been learning war no more, thats because they have the best teacher Jesus christ .

So your saying that this particular part of the book of Revelation was wrote to first century christians to tell them in 1914 wars were going to start. That would not give the first century christains much hope at the time they were actually dying for the faith would it.

Doesn't the first chapter of the book of Revelation say that these things must SHORTLY come to pass (Rev. 1:1). Not some 2000 years later. - in love Baerly

may

Baerly said:
I do not find anything in the bible saying anything about 1914.

The bible states that as long as we preach and teach what Jesus taught people will hate us (christians) ( Matt. 10:22).

We are to be fighting a war,but it is not a physical war,it is a spiritual battle (Eph. 6:12).

Our sword is the word of God (the bible) (Eph. 6:17). - in love Baerly
yes that is very true , when we make known truths from Gods word about Jesus and Jehovah God , it does not go down well,and true christians are persucuted for it. just as Jesus made known the truth, and he was put to death for that , and i might add that it was the so called religious leaders of the time that put him to death ,and these religious leaders claimed to worship the true God ...nothing changes .... yes as you say it is a spiritual warfare ,true christians would NEVER take up weapons of litral warfare,they are followers of Jesus christ

may

Baerly said:
So your saying that this particular part of the book of Revelation was wrote to first century christians to tell them in 1914 wars were going to start. That would not give the first century christains much hope at the time they were actually dying for the faith would it.

Doesn't the first chapter of the book of Revelation say that these things must SHORTLY come to pass (Rev. 1:1). Not some 2000 years later. - in love Baerly[/quotMake no mistake about it , the book of revelation is for our day , in fact the word revelation means an UNCOVERING OR REVEALING.
world events continue to unfold in fulfillment of Bible prophecy, we are now in the Lords day spoken of in revelation.
Revelation adds its testimony to many other Bible prophecies, showing that Jehovah God purposes to create new heavens and a new earth. (Isaiah 65:17; 66:22; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1-5) Primarily, its message is addressed to anointed Christians, whom Jesus has bought with his blood to become corulers with him in the new heavens. (Revelation 5:9, 10) Nevertheless, this good news will also fortify the faith of those millions who look forward to everlasting life under Christ’s Kingdom. Are you one of these? Then Revelation will strengthen your hope of living in Paradise, as part of the new earth, with the enjoyment of an abundance of peace, vibrant health, and an overflow of God’s provisions that will never end. (Psalm 37:11, 29, 34; 72:1, 7, 8, 16) If you want to survive into that new world, it is urgent, yes, mandatory, that you pay attention to Revelation’s graphic description of the epoch-making climax now at hand.—Zephaniah 2:3; John 13:17.
It is urgent that we observe the words of the prophecy, "for the appointed time is near." The appointed time for what? For the fulfillment of the prophecies of Revelation, including God’s judgments. The time is near for God and Jesus Christ to execute final judgment on Satan’s world system. When Jesus was here on earth, he stated that only his Father knew "that day or the hour." Looking ahead to the troubles that have multiplied on earth from World War I onward, Jesus also said: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen." So the appointed time for executing God’s decision must be drawing perilously close. (Mark 13:8, 30-32) As Habakkuk 2:3 states: "The vision is yet for the appointed time, and it keeps panting on to the end, and it will not tell a lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late." Our salvation through the great tribulation depends on our observing God’s prophetic Word.—Matthew 24:20-22.

gnostic

The Lost One
Just break out the marshmellows, and enjoy the view of the Final Day of Judgement.
:camp:​
And just watch people drops dead like flies. :thud: :thud: :thud: