• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's about time they did this.

Ponder This

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
A persons right to peacefully protest, I have no problem with. This Antifa stuff though. No excuse for this to go unchecked.
This goes both ways regardless of the group. It's a win-win for everyone since only the most aggressive would take the cowards way out anyway, you know? Peaceful protesters typically aren't shy and want to be seen.

Ellen Brown

I think this action is well overdue (if they actually pass the law). If they outlaw the mask I predict a drop in this kind of criminal behavior.

Portland Considers Antimask Law Aimed at Antifa Violence

There was ANOTHER purportedly anti ICE demonstration here in Portland and I encountered a "masked" demonstrator, so confronted him about it. After we talked, I concluded that both he and those like him AND the ICE Police are cowards. If the new regulation means that Muslim women can not wear Niqab, fine.

There were about 300 demonstrators at this gathering, and after talking to several of them, I think that they were very paranoid. I don't know where they get their news?

To be clear, I oppose what ICE is doing, but think that the proper way to handle this is through the legislature and courts. I went through demonstrators spitting on me and calling me a baby killer when I came home from involuntary service during the Vietnam Era, so I think that Public Demonstrators get a lot wrong.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think this action is well overdue (if they actually pass the law). If they outlaw the mask I predict a drop in this kind of criminal behavior.

Portland Considers Antimask Law Aimed at Antifa Violence
I'm more concerned about neo-Nazis wearing masks (and they do, especially the Atomwaffen Division terrorists) since they're far more likely to be violent and attack people, according to stats. This fear-mongering about Antifa is overblown.

Neutral Name

Not all liberals are leftists and not all conservatives are hateful.

You're right! I guess I got carried away with my own viewpoints. My son has pointed out to me good things that President Trump has done for his life. I do try to maintain an equilibrium when it comes to politics but I do believe that helping "the people" is the most important thing.

David1967

Premium Member
You're right! I guess I got carried away with my own viewpoints. My son has pointed out to me good things that President Trump has done for his life. I do try to maintain an equilibrium when it comes to politics but I do believe that helping "the people" is the most important thing.

My comment was not a defense of president Trump. I'm not to fond of his rhetoric. I actually had two good friends of mine in mind. One is very much a liberal, the other is a Trump supporter. Both are great people who are very involved in helping others.

Last edited:

Neutral Name

My comment was not a defense of president Trump. I'm not to fond of his rhetoric. I actually had two good friends of mine in mind. One is very much a liberal, the other is a Trump supporter. Both are great people who are very involved in helping others.

Wonderful! I know a good Catholic who is very loving and is a Trump supporter too.

Ellen Brown

40 years ago, 1979, I had no idea who I was really. I'd survived service in the Military, and was so glad that was over. I listened to Paul Harvey, and Rush Limbaugh, though he was so extreme I thought that eventually the Government would arrest him. I was working hard, and had a family with two children. I had just discovered religion, and was naive enough to think that would work out. So many of us had been able to find good jobs with full medical and generous vacation with reasonable pay. As I think about it, I wonder if Rush Limbaugh was a sort of precursor to Trump. I had no idea what diversity was, none at all. I was a Republican at the time. Now days, I don't think that Republicans know who they are.

I had no idea what a Muslim was. The world I live in now is not recognizable. It is pretty clear that the Internet, Facebook, and Cable TV have brought lots of disruption to American Culture.