• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's a Win Win for the Trump administration

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm sure that Emperor Trump will celebrate this victory as the minority who believe in his right to reign.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Trump abortion referral 'gag rule' can be enforced, U.S. appeals court says

Trump abortion referral 'gag rule' can be enforced, U.S. appeals court says

Federal court rules Trump administration can withhold grants to NYC, seven states over cooperation on immigration policy.

Court sides with Trump in 'sanctuary cities' grant fight

In a 7-4 decision, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a ruling last June by a unanimous three-judge panel to lift injunctions won by California, Oregon and Washington against enforcing the rule, which deprives clinics of Title X family planning funds if they provide abortion referrals.

With a majority decision in a liberal 9th court, it is quite a statement! Doubt the Supreme court will review that case.

The decision by the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan overturned a lower court's decision ordering the administration to release funding to New York City and seven states — New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Washington, Massachusetts, Virginia and Rhode Island.

I think the second case will fare the same way

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm sure that Emperor Trump will celebrate this victory as the minority who believe in his right to reign.
This wasn't a "Trump" decision but rather the third equal-authority judicial branch who is upholding the rule of law.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I assume the next step is the Supreme Court?

No, probably not. This was the law that was already in force. It's just that no one was enforcing it. Trump's really in the right on this, and if it's not what is supposed to be done it's something for Congress to figure out, lol.

The majority is often brain-dead comatose, so it's good that the majority isn't our sole metric in electing Presidents. Anywho -- they weren't supposed to be giving money to them anyway. Where does "government funded abortion" sound like a good plan? I mean -- this is the stuff of scary dystopian sci-fi films. :D

When the Democrats prove time after time that they do not have a leg to stand on, and then verbally assault each other, it simply reinforces a Donald Trump reelection.