• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Italy : police saves 400 lambs from sacrifice

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I don't have a problem with ritual slaughter and sacrifice as it's usually more humane than a slaughterhouse. At least with ritual slaughter, they're not treated as soulless objects for our use and their lives mean something. Industrial slaughter is horrifying and soul destroying. Go watch videos of it if you don't believe me. Animal sacrifice is part of my religion, too. If I were a farmer raising livestock, I'd sacrifice some of my animals before eating the meat. I do think the animals should be stunned beforehand, though.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't have a problem with ritual slaughter and sacrifice as it's usually more humane than a slaughterhouse. At least with ritual slaughter, they're not treated as soulless objects for our use and their lives mean something. Industrial slaughter is horrifying and soul destroying. Go watch videos of it if you don't believe me. Animal sacrifice is part of my religion, too. If I were a farmer raising livestock, I'd sacrifice some of my animals before eating the meat. I do think the animals should be stunned beforehand, though.
When in Rome do as Romans do

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No...what I mean is: these are our laws. Period.
Some laws are dumb and should be changed. I'm sure there's some ethnic Italians who think the laws are dumb, too. If the people in question are citizens, I believe they have the right to suggest changes should be made, within reason, like any other citizen.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Some laws are dumb and should be changed. I'm sure there's some ethnic Italians who think the laws are dumb, too. If the people in question are citizens, I believe they have the right to suggest changes should be made, within reason, like any other citizen.
In CIvil law systems it is very difficult to change the codes...that is penal code in this case.

That said...the Bible itself prescribes very cruel ritual slaughters. Which is unacceptable to us.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
In CIvil law systems it is very difficult to change the codes...that is penal code in this case.

That said...the Bible itself prescribes very cruel ritual slaughters. Which is unacceptable to us.
I didn't know that. I'm not too familiar with the Italian law system.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
When in Rome do as Romans do

I've heard that before. Of course, I think they were saying that back in the days when they had orgies and gladiatorial games in Rome. Now, I'm not sure.

I've heard they have some pretty crazy drivers in Rome.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I've heard that before. Of course, I think they were saying that back in the days when they had orgies and gladiatorial games in Rome. Now, I'm not sure.

I've heard they have some pretty crazy drivers in Rome.
We still have Roman culinary traditions

02-193403-21-22.JPG.jpg