• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Italy extends its quarantine to the entire country

Cooky

Veteran Member
Italy will expand the lockdown of the Lombardy region to the entire country, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said Monday as Italy’s case count surged, making it the country with the most COVID-19 cases outside of China.

People throughout the country of 60 million should not travel other than for work and emergencies, Conte said. He added that all public gatherings will be banned and sporting events suspended. The decision was made to protect the most vulnerable people in the country, he said, and the measures will take effect Tuesday and last until April 3

Italy extends its quarantine to the entire country; PM asks residents to stay at home

...This is getting pretty real. Will it come to this here in the US? Or your country next?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Time will tell about the US but I suspect we'll see a lot more cases and restrictions.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
...This is getting pretty real.
How are businesses, small businesses in particular going to be hurt? And the employees? All schools closed until April 3rd? And what if things are no better or even worse then?

Questions, questions. And I don't know if the Italian government is overreacting? Too much I don't know.

Aren't there regular flu outbreaks about this bad during many years?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Tens of thousands of stateless refugees who will not self report.

The uncontrollable vector.

I’m not blaming them.

It looks like a dress rehearsal to me. Global Incident Response.

Anyone here heard of Alice Bailey ?

The Incoming Seventh Ray of Ceremonial Magic ?

You’re All Under Arrest.

1920s. Channeling a Tibetan.

Also predicted atomic energy, DNA and psychedelics.

Crazy ****.

Electra

Tens of thousands of stateless refugees who will not self report.

The uncontrollable vector.

I’m not blaming them.

It looks like a dress rehearsal to me. Global Incident Response.

Anyone here heard of Alice Bailey ?

The Incoming Seventh Ray of Ceremonial Magic ?

You’re All Under Arrest.

1920s. Channeling a Tibetan.

Also predicted atomic energy, DNA and psychedelics.

Crazy ****.

If anybody is interested! :)

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

If anybody is interested! :)

Cool. Thanks.
I haven’t watched it yet, but I’ve always wondered about the Lucis Trust. I didn’t encounter any info about them when I was curious. It was pre internet.
I was just remembering some related history (which is probably on the video) about the Kumbh Mela of 1875 etc, and the New Age thing that happened in the 60s and 70s.

I’ll check out the vid soon.

Edit : Interesting but I was hoping for some data on the who why what and where of the organisation. Maybe you could start a thread by posting that and we could discuss it.

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member
How are businesses, small businesses in particular going to be hurt? And the employees? All schools closed until April 3rd? And what if things are no better or even worse then?

Questions, questions. And I don't know if the Italian government is overreacting? Too much I don't know.

Aren't there regular flu outbreaks about this bad during many years?

I know that normally I like to eat out a lot, but at Souplantation yesterday, I told my wife I'm no longer dining in restaurants anymore...

Everytime I hear someone cough, I get anxiety.

George-ananda

Premium Member
I know that normally I like to eat out a lot, but at Souplantation yesterday, I told my wife I'm no longer dining in restaurants anymore...

Everytime I hear someone cough, I get anxiety.
Whoa. I go out to eat or drink twice every day and me getting coronavirus is the last thing on my mind. It's rare and not that terrible are my thoughts.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Personally, I'm very healthy. It's my wife I'm concerned about. Her mom died at 42 from COPD /Asthma... My wife has similar though slightly milder issues.

George-ananda

Premium Member
If you have hypertension, like my wife, it could be lethal for you. But I live by Disneyland. We get a lot of tourists.

Coronavirus: Doctor says high blood pressure a major death risk
I take blood pressure medicine to keep my blood pressure normal. Arguing with some of these RFers has given me high blood pressure (LOL). Is your wife's blood pressure controlled.

Funny you mentioned Soup Plantation. I had an elderly uncle in Southern California that ate there almost everyday.

But I can never in my lifetime recall experiencing being affected by a general public quarantine being called (at least anywhere I have lived).

Cooky

Veteran Member
I take blood pressure medicine to keep my blood pressure normal. Arguing with some of these RFers has given me high blood pressure (LOL). Is your wife's blood pressure controlled.

Funny you mentioned Soup Plantation. I had an elderly uncle in Southern California that ate there almost everyday.

But I can never in my lifetime recall experiencing being affected by a general public quarantine being called (at least anywhere I have lived).

Her blood pressure is controlled, but she forgets to take her pills at least twice a week. Me getting on her about it only infuriates her.

...So this morning I told her our family is in emergency-mode. I told her if me or any of the kids show any signs of illness, she must leave the house and go to a hotel immediately.

...She takes 250/50 advair diskus TWICE daily... she's also on singulair. The doctors said there is no more they can do for her already. She's already maxed out.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Her blood pressure is controlled, but she forgets to take her pills at least twice a week. Me getting on her about it only infuriates her.

...So this morning I told her our family is in emergency-mode. I told her if me or any of the kids show any signs of illness, she must leave the house and go to a hotel immediately.

...She takes 250/50 advair diskus TWICE daily... she's also on singulair. The doctors said there is no more they can do for her already. She's already maxed out.

Effectiveness of Yoga for Hypertension: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Impact of yoga on blood pressure and quality of life in patients with hypertension – a controlled trial in primary care, matched for systolic blood pressure

Yoga, blood pressure, and health: Research and possible benefits

Not a stand alone treatment, but proven helpful.
And not just for hypertension.