• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Italian Jews

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
With the term Italian Jews aka Italkim historians indicate those people who moved from Jerusalem to Rome during the Hellenistic period and who have been living in Rome since then.

This very interesting interview by fellow Roman Micaela Pavoncello explains it thoroughly.

Great Synagogue of Rome

Sinagoga-Roma.jpg

249px-Great_Synagogue_of_Rome.jpg
Picture-024-300x236.jpg

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Ruth Dureghello has been the chief of the Jewish Community of Rome for years.
She is such an inspiration.

But I believe there's nobody like David Meghnagi. A great physician, writer, musician.
He transmits so much positive energy and peacefulness. He gives a clear stance on Israel.

Just some tip for English subtitles: go to the settings in the youtube video bar, choose subtitles, auto-translate, and select English.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My favorite moment in Israel was with my wife on the roof of our hotel facing the Old City at night, which indeed is basked in the color of gold. When I arrived at the rooftop after my wife was there for a few minutes, tears were dripping down her eyes as she couldn't imagine it would be that beautiful. It was the best trip we ever took.