• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It Was Hillary's Fault She Lost The Election, Not The Russians Or Comey

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are Trump supporters ever going to get down to the business of 2017 and beyond?
Or are they going to keep deflecting from the hot mess that is the Trump administration by bringing up politicians of yore?
Tom
A thread about the developing perspective of the Democratic Party
& its future of winning elections again is relevant & compelling.
Dealing with Hillary's failure speaks to whom they run in 2020,
& their chances of success.
So it's inappropriate to object to the thread's existence.
If Trump's woes interest you more, you may start a new thread.

This concerns me because I don't want to face a choice in 2020
between Trump & another version of she who shall not be named.
Is their heeding a wake up call good or bad for us? I don't know.

esmith

Veteran Member
A thread about the developing perspective of the Democratic Party
& its future of winning elections again is relevant & compelling.
Dealing with Hillary's failure speaks to whom they run in 2020,
& their chances of success.
So it's inappropriate to object to the thread's existence.
If Trump's woes interest you more, you may start a new thread.

This concerns me because I don't want to face a choice in 2020
between Trump & another version of she who shall not be named.
Is their heeding a wake up call good or bad for us? I don't know.

Well that seems to be the problem with those within the Democratic Party, they are more interested in bashing the President than they are of coming up with a plan. They ran in 2016 as the anti-Trump party without any plan to help the country, and from the above posts it appears that is all they want to do.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well that seems to be the problem with those within the Democratic Party, they are more interested in bashing the President than they are of coming up with a plan. They ran in 2016 as the anti-Trump party without any plan to help the country, and from the above posts it appears that is all they want to do.
If they come up with something more cromulent than conspiracy
theories to throw at Trump, they could be a real threat in 2020.
So I'm curious what issues they'll focus upon.
What do you think could work for them?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Well it seems that some Democrats have finally admitted that Hillary lost the election because of Hillary
Schumer Takes Aim at Clinton: Don’t Blame Russia or Comey, “Blame Yourself”

Hmm, do you think maybe Senator Schumer is basically telling Hillary to "go back into the woods".
No need to. Hillary is done with politics. And, she lost because she ran a horrible campaign.

Obviously, that doesn't mean that the Russia Investigation isn't necessary. If Trump accepted their help in beating Hillary (even if it wasn't necessary), that would constitute collusion with an adversary.

esmith

Veteran Member
If they come up with something more cromulent than conspiracy
theories to throw at Trump, they could be a real threat in 2020.
So I'm curious what issues they'll focus upon.
What do you think could work for them?
Well they could go back to their "blue-collar" ideas starting with FDR vice just resting on their laurels. But I don't think that is where their base wants to go.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well they could go back to their "blue-collar" ideas starting with FDR vice just resting on their laurels. But I don't think that is where their base wants to go.
What specific proposals do you think would make them more powerful?

esmith

Veteran Member
No need to. Hillary is done with politics. And, she lost because she ran a horrible campaign.

Obviously, that doesn't mean that the Russia Investigation isn't necessary. If Trump accepted their help in beating Hillary (even if it wasn't necessary), that would constitute collusion with an adversary.
This is an open discussion forum and you can present any idea you want. However, my post is basically a snide way of saying that the Democrats need to present a plan, as Senator Schumer indicated. Yet we see that it is not resonating as indicated in the preceding post, even you addressed the Russian issue.

What do you Democrats or just anti-Trump want to see as your party's platform?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
They ran in 2016 as the anti-Trump party without any plan to help the country, and from the above posts it appears that is all they want to do.
No, actually they didn't. And they did win the election. Putin is just better at gaming rigged election systems. Oops, I meant to say Trump, not Putin.
Why don't we wait for the results of the many and various investigations before we decide whether the problem is the Democratic party, or the willingness and ability of hostile foreign governments to lie to the basket of deplorables.
Tom

Riders

I think Hillary ran a great canpaign.It was close till the end.However I have no opinion on weather or not Russia's collusion affected the election enough to be at fault for her loss.

But saying it was her fault doesn't take away from the fact that they messed with the election and Trump is being investigated.

Who ever said the OP sounds like sour grapes because Trump is being investigated. That's Trumps fault. Put the blame where it goes.

VioletVortex

A rigged election would not have surprised me, but I knew Trump would win. I think that Hillary failed the democratic party. There was the whole "Hillary for prison" slander thing, but that didn't manifest itself in left wing circles; it was merely a right wing mantra.

I think that Trump seemed like a very feeble threat to Hillary, so a lot of liberals who didn't like Hillary just did not vote.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
This is an open discussion forum and you can present any idea you want. However, my post is basically a snide way of saying that the Democrats need to present a plan, as Senator Schumer indicated. Yet we see that it is not resonating as indicated in the preceding post, even you addressed the Russian issue.

What do you Democrats or just anti-Trump want to see as your party's platform?
Bring back the TPP, reverse rollbacks to ESA, reverse any protectionist legislation, encourage natural gas development and investments into the renewables infrastructure, provide transition help for coal workers who need it after coal dies, make the separation of church and state a priority, reverse any "war on drugs" legislation pushed by Sessions, encourage innovation, responsible gun legislation, and bring back intelligence, eloquence, intellect, honesty and professionalism back to the White House ... among many other things

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The election results? Gerrymandering, fear-baiting, ethnic and religious hatred -- all the really bad, really stupid **** -- America did it all.

And now, here you are. Live with it. It was your vote to do with as you pleased.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I am not sure who "you" is referring to in this sentence. Hillary won the election by a margin larger than the total amount of votes cast for all candidates in Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Idaho, and Wyoming all put together.
Tom
Sorry, the "you" is the YOU-knighted States. The Electoral College did you no favours in the last election -- exactly the same way that my Canadian system sometimes lets us down. Is there a "perfect" way to institute "true Democracy?" I don't know it yet, but perhaps I'm just slow....