• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It sucks when no one is hiring in your field

LittlePinky82

So, this past summer I finished my paralegal degree (associates) and now I'm job hunting. I did an internship (part of the program) with the US trustee's office and I really enjoyed it there. The work was great (I enjoy bankruptcy a lot) and the people were cool and I got to meet a lot of other attorney's. I've been job hunting since earlier this month (I wanted to wait to see if I was going to stay or not) and it seems like everyone is not hiring. I did talk to a place outside of bankruptcy but they're not going to have a position until the end of summer because the person is going to law school. They liked my references and everything and told me to contact them again in summer. I'm waiting now to hear back from someone else I tried. I've tried pretty much every law firm in my area. I also tried this place where I did a shadow thing for a class as well and haven't heard back.

Any advice for hunting? How do you keep up your morale? I've been using this time to take care of me and enjoy the free time I have and workout.

Deidre

Is it possible to get into a law firm, but outside of your degree? Then, your foot is at least in the door and hopefully, they will move you into the role you studied for.

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
I'm disabled and just about given up. Even if I didn't have bipolar disorder I have a lot of flaws that help me distance myself from people in real life. The closest thing I've gotten to a job is a volunteer job at the library. I applied for a position and was denied, because I needed more experience. How do you get experience when everybody requires it? It's frustration.

As far as your situation, your education is high enough which you could write books if you really wanted to. Become self-employed. There's a lot of ways to make money, especially if you already have capital to start with. Sell things on e-bay, buy real estate. Start your own business. Start your own law business and hire all your friends from college. So much opportunities.... And I'd rather waste my time doing stupid **** on the Internet.

NEED TO STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Once you have your paralegal its time to learn programming in javascript. Then you should get your project management and physical therapy certifications all of which gets you ready for a fantastic entry level position in an asylum as a treatment tester. I guarantee you will be set for life.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm disabled and just about given up. Even if I didn't have bipolar disorder I have a lot of flaws that help me distance myself from people in real life. The closest thing I've gotten to a job is a volunteer job at the library. I applied for a position and was denied, because I needed more experience. How do you get experience when everybody requires it? It's frustration.

As far as your situation, your education is high enough which you could write books if you really wanted to. Become self-employed. There's a lot of ways to make money, especially if you already have capital to start with. Sell things on e-bay, buy real estate. Start your own business. Start your own law business and hire all your friends from college. So much opportunities.... And I'd rather waste my time doing stupid **** on the Internet.

I urge great caution in buying real estate.

What I found useful in job hunting is convincing an employer that I would get a difficult job done.
Don't look for a job, so much as look for someone who will be your valued & well served customer.

LittlePinky82

I can't start my own law business. Paralegals can't practice law so... There's very very very very very very minimum times when you can.

Haha no I'm not with the ego enough to write a book. I just graduated.

Once you have your paralegal its time to learn programming in javascript. Then you should get your project management and physical therapy certifications all of which gets you ready for a fantastic entry level position in an asylum as a treatment tester. I guarantee you will be set for life.

Haha no way with javascript. I'm not patience for that. I used to enjoy doing HTML and doing my own little websites for fun but that was a long time ago heh.

I did call an attorney here that is sorta well known for bankruptcy that I met this summer during my internship. I talked to their secretary about my situation and their human resources person was out for lunch already so I left a message. Hopefully I'll hear back in another day or two. :confused:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions though!