• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It starts...

Dunemeister

Today, Sunday, June 30, 2013, I will enter the catechumenate. I've been an inquirer for about nine months, and I understand this next phase, where I begin the process of entering the Church, will take one to three years. Please pray for me that I will become worthy of holy Illumination as I submit to the discipline and teaching of the Holy Church.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Glory to God! My prayers are with you. I myself am likely to follow shortly behind you in becoming a catechumen, after having been an inquirer for roughly a year.

Through the prayers of our holy Fathers, O Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us!

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
The Peace of Christ be with you on this journey, Friends.

I'm going to spend a month in an Orthodox monastery.

I want to learn more about the Orthodox faith and feel jumping in with both feet is the way to go.
I'm not sure if this will drastically flavour my Anglican faith, or bring me into a new one.

I will be praying that God guide and protect us as we pass through this Land on our way Home.
And I ask, please remember me during this time, Friends.

:namaste