• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It Makes sense for White People to Embrace Odinism and Other White-Centric Religions

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.............Couldn't God choose someone else for a change????
No, because of God's promise to father Abraham as found at Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18.
Through Abraham ALL families of Earth will be blessed.
Through Abraham ALL nations of Earth will be blessed.
Blessed with the benefit of healing for earth's nations as mentioned at Revelation 22:2.
This is a reason we are all invited to ray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Through Jesus as Messiah he will undo all the wrongs sinners Satan and Adam brought upon humanity.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There is no scientific way to test the spiritual realm, therefore it cannot be falsified, even potentially If it cannot be falsified, its existence can't be called a scientific fact.
I would like to take the liberty to add to the ^ above^ and say, ' called a 'known' scientific fact ' at this time.

Wandering Monk

It seems to me that you would have to prove that it cannot be falsified scientifically but in doing that you'd have to prove something to be applicable to the spiritual realm in the way of scientific proof.

Definition of supernatural

1: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universeespecially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil

We Never Know

No Slack
Definition of supernatural

1: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universeespecially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil

"of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe"

Does that mean what started the big bang might/could have been a supernatural event being all our science, knowledge and views breakdown at that point?

Wandering Monk

"of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe"

Does that mean what started the big bang might/could have been a supernatural event being all our science, knowledge and views breakdown at that point?

Without evidence you can't say for a fact. All you can do is hypothesize.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If something can POTENTIALLY explained by science, then it is not supernatural, is it?
To me the Bible is Not supernatural but in the realm of reality.
True, we have Not yet seen anyone resurrected (Acts of the Apostles 24:15 places the resurrection as still future)
So, yes to me the resurrection will be explained by science, just not by the known science of today.

amorphous_constellation

Interesting perspective; in order to be resurrected, one first has to die.

Well, coming again to how the New Testament might be a product of the Roman Empire's collapse, that seems to be a context wherein it may fit snugly. Try once, to think about the new testament by looking for what it plainly says about the state of common society, subtracting any mystical notions or insights that seem to be there

So when you do that, you find there that it is often talking about the corruption of people, and the way in which social institutions are not working. It speaks of large groups lepers, demon possessed people, authorities that accuse, all told through the perspective of a band of homeless travelers.

To me it reads like any fantastic modern comic book, where there are small bands of supernaturally powered individuals working for 'the good,' against great odds. That seems to be the closest analog, as far as I can tell. Plainly seen for what that means, it is horrifying. By that, I mean it is no person's dream that society should be characterized as being that futile, as a project

But there it is, you're living a society over a thousand years ago that failed to reach a humanitarian dream. It is wracked by invasion, civil war, disease, and internal corruption. The lead pipes around you are making you sick, and you haven't the science to know why.

Where is the hope, well it is anywhere but where you are. It is nowhere in the philosophy, engineering projects, religion, or physical government that your society created. The truth and hope comes only from heaven, and from a religion as opposed to a philosophy, that was not developed in the failing empire.

It might be possible then, that the New Testament narrative may have developed concurrently with the collapse, would some historians agree?

If this was so, that would indicate that it is a sort of auto-mythology created by a society that was already failing. And then of course, there would be a line connecting all of that to modern times, as modern people are the ones that supposedly eventually rose from the ashes of that prior civilization.

We are of course, faced by a novel set of problems, like nuclear war, and other issues related to our new level of complexity

Last edited: