• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It Makes sense for White People to Embrace Odinism and Other White-Centric Religions

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
why wouldn't a Jew or a Muslim follow Odin?

A Muslim can be of any ethnic group native to Asia (including the Middle East), Europe, Africa, the Americas, or anywhere else. It is a matter of sincerely believing and reciting the shahadah. Any person claiming to be a Muslim cannot worship Odin, or any other deity for that matter, because Islam is a strict monotheistic religion.

Man created gods in his image so why would White people claim and follow a religion made by non-Whites and why would it be considered racist to follow Odin?

I am a Hindu, and I am of European origin. The reason I follow Hinduism is not a matter of skin color but philosophy and doctrine. The Vedic scriptures, for instance, teach a worldview that I think makes fantastic sense of life, the world, and everything. Such a worldview is not something I have personally found in Norse lore, Semitic texts, etc.

I hope this is helpful. :)

Segev Moran

Man created gods in his image
What does that mean? That God looks like humans?
so why would White people claim and follow a religion made by non-Whites
I guess because non-whites are smarter ;)
and why would it be considered racist to follow Odin?
You mean being a soldier of Odin?
Read about them, it is pretty clear.
There are others but it seems wargods are the common thread in these examples, why wouldn't a Jew or a Muslim follow Odin?
Because they don't believe it.
In Israel, the most Jewish country in the world, the majority of people are non-white.
Racism is all around the world, regardless of religion or origin.

amorphous_constellation

The interesting thing about those gods, is that when you read about them, in my opinion, there are qualities about them that are quite inclusive. Odin is said, in the prose edda, to be known by men everywhere, by a variety of names. Celtic and Germanic gods also are prone to shapeshift, and transform into whatever you can imagine.

In general, these gods seem to want to avoid being defined by qualities you can predict. Odin even disguises himself as a stranger sometimes.

In the description of germanic peoples by the roman tacitus, he even writes that they show hospitality to strangers, which I think would imply any person from outside their community. This idea figures into the havamal as well, and other places

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
In the description of germanic peoples by the roman tacitus, he even writes that they show hospitality to strangers, which I think would imply any person from outside their community. This idea figures into the havamal as well, and other places

Very nice. Indians are hospitable like that even to non-Indians. It is said in Hinduism that 'Guest is God.'

Hmm. 'Guest is God.' Perhaps that guest is none other than Odin? :wink:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I follow the state Religion of Japan and most Kami I pray to are non white. I enjoy how it goes with my conscience more than other Religions.

Plus I enjoy the bonding with Kami of other ethnicities. I consider us all family with common ancestors, one race, the human race!

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Man created gods in his image so why would White people claim and follow a religion made by non-Whites and why would it be considered racist to follow Odin?

Allah= Wargod
YHWH= Wargod
Jehova= Wargod
Odin= Wargod

There are others but it seems wargods are the common thread in these examples, why wouldn't a Jew or a Muslim follow Odin?

Black Jews Are Being Chased Out Of the Jewish Community By Racism. Here Are Their Stories. – The Forward
Oh, Odinism!

I thought you said Onanism.

Eyes to See

There is a time for everything under the sun. A time for peace, and a time for war. A time to let live, and a time to kill.

God would not be a war God if he didn't have to be. The rebellion against his sovereignty and wicked angels and wicked humans who are ruthless and evil cause Jehovah to raise up as a champion of the poor and the defenseless, the meek and the peaceable. But being a war God is far from Jehovah's most prominent attributes, and he does not relish having to kill anyone. He himself says:

(Ezekiel 18:23) . . .“‘Do I take any pleasure at all in the death of a wicked person?’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. ‘Do I not prefer that he turn away from his ways and keep living?’

Above all God is love. And he is a gracious and very merciful

(Exodus 34:6, 7) . . .: “Jehovah, Jehovah, a God merciful and compassionate, slow to anger and abundant in loyal love and truth, 7 showing loyal love to thousands, pardoning error and transgression and sin, but he will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons and upon grandsons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation.”

God, full of loving kindness and pardoning the errors of those who repent:

firedragon

Veteran Member

Allah= Wargod
YHWH= Wargod
Jehova= Wargod
Odin= Wargod

Black Jews Are Being Chased Out Of the Jewish Community By Racism. Here Are Their Stories. – The Forward

Maybe a little bit of education ix the reason.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Allah= Wargod
YHWH= Wargod
Jehova= Wargod
Odin= Wargod

"Jehovah: [sic] is not a war god. Good heavens.

I cna't think of a worse reasong for adopting a religion than race.

If you are going to leave the religion of your chidlhood, and careful pick out a new religion, it should be based on the idea that its teachings are true, and that it brings you closer to the Divine and assists you in becoming the very best you that you can be.

For me, at least, that would cross Odinism off the list.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Allah= Wargod
YHWH= Wargod
Jehova= Wargod
Odin= Wargod

I think Europe became Christianized by way of the Roman Empire, even as it was collapsing. Somehow, it caught on and became more popular than the pagan gods and goddesses they worshiped before. I'm not certain if they would have seen it as a "non-white" religion, but maybe a Roman religion (both Eastern and Western).

Besides, wouldn't the inhabitants of Judea and Arabia be considered "Caucasian"?

Brinne

By that logic should Japan not have adopted Buddhism? Should Western European languages drop the Latin script? Or maybe we should abandon most of our classical western philosophical knowledge - since the majority of us aren't Greek or 'Roman.'

The nature of human civilizations has always been the intermingling and exchange of ideas and cultures (both material and immaterial). There isn't a single civilization or society that hasn't been influenced by its neighbors or waves of external migration.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
For me, at least, that would cross Odinism off the list.
Not to mention that ultimately we know little of pagan European religions. A lot of what we do have came from people trying to dominate, enslave and kill them, with a good chunk more coming from Christian monks and scribes who probably Christianized things. Artifacts and ritual grounds and burials. Engravings and clues scattered about.
It's not like we can get any better than very crudely reconstructed approximations.

PruePhillip

Allah= Wargod
YHWH= Wargod
Jehova= Wargod
Odin= Wargod

Quit the racist language will you. It does no good but a lot of damage.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Not to mention that ultimately we know little of pagan European religions. A lot of what we do have came from people trying to dominate, enslave and kill them, with a good chunk more coming from Christian monks and scribes who probably Christianized things. Artifacts and ritual grounds and burials. Engravings and clues scattered about.
It's not like we can get any better than very crudely reconstructed approximations.
Well yes. It goes without saying that the paganism that exists today is Neo-paganism, something new. People today really aren't practicing the paganism of 1500 years ago.