• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It looks like free speech in the UK is now on the slippery slope.

Notanumber

A Free Man
The police are spending taxpayer’s money on British commercial radio adverts to spread their propaganda.

If you don’t use it, you lose it.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
When the likes of Alastair Stewart are forced out of their jobs because of offence taken over tweets, we do not need the police getting involved with “Thought Crimes”. They should concentrate on the real crimes that we pay them to deal with.
Alastair Stewart resigned after using the term 'Angry Ape' in an open tweet to Mr Shapland.
No Police involvement so I don't know how you can mention both situations together.

Rather obtusely, what you are giving examples of are real crimes.
Well, you clearly need to see how communications can be crimes.
Here you are, read this paragraph from Mr Justice Knowles' judgement......... he can perceive how IT comms can be crimes:-
.2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.”

They were Mr Justice Knowles ideas about our Police and they were not rubbish imo.
One single case, taken on its own merits!
Judges look at the case before them!
It's your ideas that I think are rubbish...... can you see the difference?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Alastair Stewart resigned after using the term 'Angry Ape' in an open tweet to Mr Shapland.
No Police involvement so I don't know how you can mention both situations together.

Well, you clearly need to see how communications can be crimes.
Here you are, read this paragraph from Mr Justice Knowles' judgement......... he can perceive how IT comms can be crimes:-
.2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.”

One single case, taken on its own merits!
Judges look at the case before them!
It's your ideas that I think are rubbish...... can you see the difference?

The police should know their place and not get ideas above their station.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I am not George Galloway’s greatest fan but he does talk at lot of sense at times.

This is one of those times –

He is absolutely right about free speech.