• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Vestigial Mote

"... In general there are five kinds of spirit. First is the vegetable spirit, which is the power that results from the composition and combination of the elements according to the wisdom and decree of the Most High, and from their mutual arrangement as well as their influence upon, and their interconnection with, other created things. When these parts and elements are separated, the associated power of growth likewise ceases to exist.. "
None of this can actually be demonstrated though, correct? How about harnessed for use in other areas? How about measured, reproduced or this knowledge used to benefit in some way, or to produce some new technology or process by which we can make the world a better place? Any of that?

A Vestigial Mote

Logically intelligence can imagine outside our known reality.
Now THIS I can get behind. Absolutely true. This has been demonstrated time and time again by humans doing exactly as you stated - imagining things outside our known reality, and in fact, many times likely imagining things outside of any reality, known or unknown.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes the best response to a stupid argument is another one that is equally stupid. Hopefully the flaws in the second argument allows others to see the flaws in the first.

And how has this tactic worked so far?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
None of this can actually be demonstrated though, correct? How about harnessed for use in other areas? How about measured, reproduced or this knowledge used to benefit in some way, or to produce some new technology or process by which we can make the world a better place? Any of that?

I see the power of growth is observable.

A study of nature, gave many past scientists the means to create.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And yet another option would be for people to stop proselytizing altogether.

How will peace happen, if it is never talked about, if a way forward is not discussed and decided upon?

Logically it will have to be discussed in an open and frank manner, which some will see as prolteszing, others see it differently, as many different ways that there are people.

America is a good example of what happens when one side wishes to have all the say and to enforce that outside of lawful guidelines.

Regards Tony

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
How will peace happen, if it is never talked about, if a way forward is not discussed and decided upon?

Logically it will have to be discussed in an open and frank manner, which some will see as prolteszing, others see it differently, as many different ways that there are people.

America is a good example of what happens when one side wishes to have all the say and to enforce that outside of lawful guidelines.

Regards Tony

Irony in this post.

There's a difference between discussing something in and open and frank manner and telling people what they should believe or do.

A proselytizer wishes to have all the say in what should be believed and how people should live. Kinda like your America analogy, no?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Irony in this post.

There's a difference between discussing something in and open and frank manner and telling people what they should believe.

A proselytizer wishes to have all the say in what should be believed and how people should live. Kinda like your America analogy, no?

I see no comparison, thus why one needs to correctly define prolteszing.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Life, It is really just pure logic.

Logically creation is founded in pure Intelligence, because lack of intelligence does not create.

Logically we would be guided, if there is a creative Intelligence that wants to guide us.

Logically that guidance would be made known unto us and Logically the guidance would offer what that intelligence wants us to know.

Logically we would have been given the abilities to find that guidance and see if it offers the answers.

Logically the answers were given before we make any mistakes.

Logically that Pure Intelligence is what history has shown us to be God and the solutions can be found in what we know are Messages from God.

Logically, we can find the answers.

So think of an Issue the world now faces. Are we able to find a solution given by a source of pure intelligence?

Give it a go, think of an issue, is there an answer already given?

Regards Tony
Spock would be rolling over with laughter, or in his grave.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Spock would be rolling over with laughter, or in his grave.

images (8).jpeg

Logically, I should not say may the force be with you. :D

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Of course you don't. Because you would like to continue to proselytize without people calling what you're doing proselytizing.

Logically you could be accused of the same, I am only answering your replies, yet you still come back pushing the same view.

Logically we could agree to disagree and I am happy with that.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm not following.

If the proposition is that life is pure logic, I think it would help to define for us how you are understanding "life" as well as how you are understanding "logic." From there, you'll want to elaborate on what you mean by "pure intelligence" as well. From my understanding of what these terms mean, your argumentation does not logically follow, which is a little ironic.

Good questions, hope to get back to this tonight.

Regards Tony