• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It is better to have loved and lost...

Linus

than never to have loved at all.

What do you guys think of this statement. Is it true? I can say that in light of recent events in my life it is a veeeeery difficult thing to admit. WHat about all of you?

SoulTYPE

You said that in one of our AIM chats if I remember.

It is not necessarily always true. One who has found God at an early stage and decided that the only love required was God's. One may find happiness not through love, but through the fact that they had helped or inspired a person in dire need. There is also the fact that once they have loved and lost, the "lost" factor can make one depressed.

However, I have not loved, in that sense anyways and you people have seen what kind of effect it has on one's self. Lonliness may or may not equal the depression of grief or losing a loved one.

So it can work both ways.

I love many people here on this very board, and not as a partner, but as good friends *Cough*Feathers*Cough*

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've found that the worse thing is not to have loved. Sure it hurts to have lost in love, but you heal from it. What you don't heal from is to have never loved at all. A loveless life lacks something vital in it.

Linus

Good points made by all. I apreciate you thoughts. It is very hard to deal with lost love, but love never found, nor had, can be even worse. Hard to admit at this point in my life, but I guess it is true.

And yeah, Soul, I said that in the AIM chat the other night. That's what inspired me to start this thread. :D

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
"A life without love is a life half lived." Don't know who said it, but I agree with it 100%. As one who had thought real love would never enter their lives, then had to weigh up the pros and cons of potential loss when it unexpectedly did, I decided it was wiser to throw caution to the wind, than to hole myself up 'safe' and alone for the rest of my life. Best decision I ever made.

linwood

Fluffy said:
At least if you never loved you didnt know what you were missing.
And what you had missed would never had the opportunity to touch your life.

It is far better to have loved and lost.

It is an extremely difficult thing.

HelpMe

·´sociopathic meanderer`·
the statement was made by someone whom has never had really loved.

just always wanted to say that! not that i agree with it.

SoulTYPE

perhaps it is better to say "It is up to you which is better, to love and lost, or not loved at all"