• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It Has Begun!

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
IMG_20220402_103714.jpg

Planting is upon us.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I bought the only 3 pots of sweet basil left at Menards.
I can't plant them out side for another month & a half
cuz of frost.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
cuz of frost.

Yeah? I've never been good with herbs.

I can't start them indoors without the cats eating them and trying to plant outdoors often kills them. (For me)

I think our frosts have finally stopped. Most evenings are in the 40s now.

Nimos

Planting is upon us.
I struggle to even keep my cactuses alive, everything else seems to die due to intense droughts... I don't get how that is possible, I do however suspect that SOMEONE forgets to water them.. but I still haven't figured out who :oops:

F1fan

Veteran Member
Plant them inside, in a sunny windowsill to give them a good start.
I had a tray of 72 peat moss wads with seeds in a windowsill, and I was mistaken to think my cats would respect this space, and not find the smell too intoxicating to not spread them all over the floor and roll in it while I was sleeping.

Yeah, learned my lesson.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
cuz of frost.

Omg...I plant basil, parsley and fennel in October...and by spring (that is now) they have become wonderful.
I love my spring.:p

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I like growing vegies, and like eating fresh picked ones even better. Alas my health is making it more difficult each year. This season I only grew a few chilli plants. Fortunately the neighbour grew a lot and gave me some of her excess.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I like growing vegies, and like eating fresh picked ones even better. Alas my health is making it more difficult each year. This season I only grew a few chilli plants. Fortunately the neighbour grew a lot and gave me some of her excess.

I like neighbours like that

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yep! Years of me giving them my excess is starting to pay off!

We don't have much growing space so have nothing spare but neighbours will still bring a bucket full of plumbs or figs, various types of squash, tomatoes etc.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Yeah? I've never been good with herbs.

I can't start them indoors without the cats eating them and trying to plant outdoors often kills them. (For me)

I think our frosts have finally stopped. Most evenings are in the 40s now.
Sage, rosemary, and thyme are all hardy perennials that do well here. (especially rosemary.) You can pretty much plant them and let them have at it, and they will be around for years to grace your kitchen.