• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

!! It Doesn't Matter - They're All The Same !!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
" !! It Doesn't Matter - They're All The Same !! "

Let me be clear: every mouthpiece for this ignorant and malignant equivalency is complicit in today's assault on democratic rights. It sounds militant, but it's the militancy of fools who have learned little or nothing from the recent realignment of the Supreme Court, and who understand little or nothing about the gross, disproportionate damage that a pro-Trump regime will cause to our rights and our planet.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Just for context, to put this in the proper historical setting, in case someone comes back and looks at this thread years from now.

At the very moment Jay posted the OP, Victor Orban was speaking at CPAC in Texas. A white suprematist autocratic authoritarian leader is the guest speaker at a conservative conference.

This is not a conservative party anymore, it is an authoritarian party.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not really, if you want something different, present something different.

I see it all same ****. The greatest harm to Muslims came from Obama when they all thought he would make things better for them. Just throwing an example.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For Muslims who still care about their people all over:

Republic (they are more upfront in rhetoric - easier to deal with though they might be more brute in force)
Democrats (they are more hidden in approach and cause usually more harm)

I prefer one for many reasons.

They both hate explicitly Iran for no other reason we want to free Muslims from dictators, stand with Palestinians and attempt to govern by God's revelation and words of the chosen ones we believe.

Their inward hidden reasons of course are more, but that has to do with hidden occult world and seeking to break the foundations of morality we hold dear to.

Trump murdered Qasim Sulaimani. Don't get me wrong on this issue.

But it's better for us, then the snake like approach Obama pulled and created ISIS as if he didn't and people still not aware that most of those he trained and gave weapons (as "moderates" fighting Assad) to ended up in ISIS.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Just for context, to put this in the proper historical setting, in case someone comes back and looks at this thread years from now.

At the very moment Jay posted the OP, Victor Orban was speaking at CPAC in Texas. A white suprematist autocratic authoritarian leader is the guest speaker at a conservative conference.

This is not a conservative party anymore, it is an authoritarian party.
This is exactly the kind of thing that many of us in Europe see as evidence that the Republican party has given up on democracy. The next presidential election will be a very precarious moment for the Republic.

InChrist

Free4ever
Of course you do. You cheer the demise of America.
I bet you despise democracy as well.
It’s a crazy time we live in. Trump and his followers say “MAGA- make America great again. Then those who hate Trump, hate the MAGA concept. I think what we are really seeing is a lot of theater where both sides are being manipulated and stirred up against one another as a big distraction...because the real intent is to take America down.
I am not cheering, but I know we are witnessing the demise of the U.S.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
" !! It Doesn't Matter - They're All The Same !! "
Let me be clear: every mouthpiece for this ignorant and malignant equivalency is complicit in today's assault on democratic rights. It sounds militant, but it's the militancy of fools who have learned little or nothing from the recent realignment of the Supreme Court, and who understand little or nothing about the gross, disproportionate damage that a pro-Trump regime will cause to our rights and our planet.
Let me just say, while I've been beating that particular drum for quite some time now, you have just given me a little something to take heart from. And it is this:

If you are noticing, then maybe, just maybe, others are, too. Can't help but notice, just for example, that the most recent polls have the Democrats ahead nationally.

(I do not say that to claim that the Democrats are somehow better. The problems are deeper than that. I would love to see the US have the courage to adopt at least the possibility of multiple parties, rather than always just 2 -- humans, after all, don't just fall on one side or the other on any issue, let alone politics. That is when governments can really start to deal, and find ways to cooperate.)

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Of course you do. You cheer the demise of America.
I bet you despise democracy as well.

You make all these assumptions.. over one person stating that they respect another human being.

Why would you allow yourself to jump to so many dramatic conclusions over so little information? I see this frequently among those who constantly argue about politics and religion.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It’s a crazy time we live in. Trump and his followers say “MAGA- make America great again. Then those who hate Trump, hate the MAGA concept. I think what we are really seeing is a lot of theater where both sides are being manipulated and stirred up against one another as a big distraction...because the real intent is to take America down.
I am not cheering, but I know we are witnessing the demise of the U.S.
Do you know what is so truly hateful about MAGA? It's not that it's wrong to cheer one's own town, or state, or country. It's not that it's wrong to try and take care of what you care about and love. It's forgetting that we must do MORE than that!

Technology has made our world TOO SMALL. If we can't learn to be humans first, then Americans or Canadians or Chinese or Russians or Tanzanians after that, then because we have given ourselves the means to cause the end of the human experiment on earth, we are very, very likely to do it. Along with millions of other species, too, through no fault of their own.

We have nowhere to go yet -- and we won't for a very long time.

Thus speaks the Humanist.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I would love to see the US have the courage to adopt at least the possibility of multiple parties, rather than always just 2 -- humans, after all, don't just fall on one side or the other on any issue, let alone politics.
That is true. But allow me to express my concerns about multiple parties in one word: "Israel." :(

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
That is true. But allow me to express my concerns about multiple parties in one word: "Israel." :(
And Canada, one of the most liveable nations on earth, has currently 5 parties elected to its Parliament, and has had that many for many decades. Sometimes we wind up with what we call "minority governments," and those happen to be something I quite like. It forces larger parties to listen to some of the smaller voices -- that's not really always a bad thing, if you think about it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And Canada, one of the most liveable nations on earth, has currently 5 parties elected to its Parliament, and has had that many for many decades. Sometimes we wind up with what we call "minority governments," and those happen to be something I quite like. It forces larger parties to listen to some of the smaller voices -- that's not really always a bad thing, if you think about it.

In the US I think that the quality of legislation when the President is of one party and the Congress is controlled by the other that we get better quality legislation too. They have to work together to get anything done. But that has not happened since when Bill Clinton was President. Now instead of working together the Republicans appear to only want to naysay anything that the President is for.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
In the US I think that the quality of legislation when the President is of one party and the Congress is controlled by the other that we get better quality legislation too. They have to work together to get anything done. But that has not happened since when Bill Clinton was President. Now instead of working together the Republicans appear to only want to naysay anything that the President is for.
The US Senate -- where good ideas come to die!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I continue to respect President Trump, no matter who has a problem with it.
And such is your right.

His tenure aside from people who associated him with the 6th and decrying election fraud was otherwise pretty productive for most Americans.

I actually had more money in my paycheck as opposed to less for once.