• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israeli superheroine to appear in next Captain America movie

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Probably. Honestly, they could use some pointers from DC, as DC is more willing to take risks and try different things (like Joker), whereas Marvel has been pushing the same tired formula for years.
They both let Jared Leto do his dumb crap to make for massively gnarly characters that no one likes, so they seem to do too much in letting things fly like lots of reboots, multiple dimensions and characters that are basically entirely reinvented from the ground up (Gotham was bad about this one).
Marvel you're just screwed remembering who's from what timeline and universe (and anymore what's going on) if you don't keep up with the entire collective story.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Probably. Honestly, they could use some pointers from DC, as DC is more willing to take risks and try different things (like Joker), whereas Marvel has been pushing the same tired formula for years.
I agree. Though maybe that’s because of the Disney brand vs WB.
Disney has a specific formula. WB does too but they are the snarky and sometimes darker alternative. Have been for generations.

Incidentally Superpets just released in Aus. Hehe!!!! Yay!

Looking forward to Black Adam though

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
They both let Jared Leto do his dumb crap to make for massively gnarly characters that no one likes, so they seem to do too much in letting things fly like lots of reboots, multiple dimensions and characters that are basically entirely reinvented from the ground up (Gotham was bad about this one).
Marvel you're just screwed remembering who's from what timeline and universe (and anymore what's going on) if you don't keep up with the entire collective story.
To be fair, the multiverse, various character reinventions and weird random reboot stuff are all more or less in the comics as well.
Arguably done better, depending on your preference, I suppose
Though I do agree that Leto’s Joker version was weird lol

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Though I do agree that Leto’s Joker version was weird lol
He brought it to Morbius. I do believe out of everyone I've talked to, no one liked it and agrees Matt Smith outshined him, lmao.
And, yeah, DC and Marvel both have blown their own stuff into dozens of different renditions and versions I don't know how one would even begin to estimate which does it more.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
He brought it to Morbius. I do believe out of everyone I've talked to, no one liked it and agrees Matt Smith outshined him, lmao.
And, yeah, DC and Marvel both have blown their own stuff into dozens of different renditions and versions I don't know how one would even begin to estimate which does it more.
Ahh I forgot about Morbius. My friend and I watched that on mute once, reminiscing about our teenage “emo” phase and how cute Leto still looks with guyliner lmao!!
(Alcohol may or may not have been involved lol.)

But yeah, there’s like a bazillion “alt worlds” in both DC and Marvel by now lol