• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israeli submarine in Persian Gulf

Shaul

Premium Member
This submarine is a Dolphin class. It is capable of carrying cruise missiles that, from the Persian Gulf could strike anywhere within Iran. It is possibly capable of using nuclear warheads.

Shaul

Premium Member
No doubt part of Netanyahoo's plan to make it hard for Biden to return to the nuclear deal.
More like the Israelis see Biden’s plan to help Iran get nuclear weapons as an existential threat. How dare the Israelis not meekly accept their own genocide, right? What chutzpah.

exchemist

Veteran Member
More like the Israelis see Biden’s plan to help Iran get nuclear weapons as an existential threat. How dare the Israelis not meekly accept their own genocide, right? What chutzpah.
What hysterical nonsense, more like. :D

I would not be too dismayed if Iran were to become a nuclear power. At least it would stop them getting invaded by the USA or attacked by Israel.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

So make nuclear chest banging threats on maybe, could be, possibly... What chutzpah

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
More like brinkmanship.
Or even war mongering.
??

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have all sorts of paranoid visions about the timing of this with Trump about to have to leave the White House and Israel in political turmoil and what might happen next. I won't bother expressing them.
USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: Dec. 21, 2020

On Monday, U.S. 5th Fleet announced that nuclear guided-missile submarine USS Georgia (SSBN-729) entered the Persian Gulf. The modified Ohio-class transited the Strait of Hormuz with guided-missile cruisers USS Port Royal (CG-73) and USS Philippine Sea (CG-58).

“SSGNs are one of the most versatile platforms in the fleet, equipped with superior communications capabilities and the ability to carry up to 154 Tomahawk land-attack cruise missiles. The platform can also be configured to host up to 66 Special Operations Forces,” reads the statement from U.S. 5th Fleet.

Announcing an SSGN operating in the Persian Gulf is a rare move for the service and this public disclosure is intended as a message both to Iran and U.S. regional allies, USNI News understands.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have all sorts of paranoid visions about the timing of this with Trump about to have to leave the White House and Israel in political turmoil and what might happen next. I won't bother expressing them.
USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: Dec. 21, 2020

On Monday, U.S. 5th Fleet announced that nuclear guided-missile submarine USS Georgia (SSBN-729) entered the Persian Gulf. The modified Ohio-class transited the Strait of Hormuz with guided-missile cruisers USS Port Royal (CG-73) and USS Philippine Sea (CG-58).

“SSGNs are one of the most versatile platforms in the fleet, equipped with superior communications capabilities and the ability to carry up to 154 Tomahawk land-attack cruise missiles. The platform can also be configured to host up to 66 Special Operations Forces,” reads the statement from U.S. 5th Fleet.

Announcing an SSGN operating in the Persian Gulf is a rare move for the service and this public disclosure is intended as a message both to Iran and U.S. regional allies, USNI News understands.
Trump is a twitchy guy at the twitchiest point in his presidency.
Here's hoping nothing blows up.

danieldemol

Premium Member
What plan to help Iran get nukes?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
More like the Israelis see Biden’s plan to help Iran get nuclear weapons as an existential threat.
The Iranians are much further along with their nuclear program since Trump pulled us out of the Iran Nuclear Agreement, so you have no clue what you're talking about. The inspectors said the agreement was working prior to our pulling out.

Netanyahu is playing to his right-wing base, especially since he himself has some quite serious legal "issues".

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
So Jesus would be OK with nuclear strikes in retaliation?:shrug:
Good question....I can't really speak for Him. I don't think He is OK with the Iran sending a nuclear strike. I do know He is coming back and will destroy those who attack Israel in the end-times.

So, as limited as I am in my thinking, I think He doesn't like it but would accept it.

New International Version
Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Good question....I can't really speak for Him. I don't think He is OK with the Iran sending a nuclear strike. I do know He is coming back and will destroy those who attack Israel in the end-times.

So, as limited as I am in my thinking, I think He doesn't like it but would accept it.
Frankly, I cannot see this.

About forty years ago, a friend of mine who was and is a Baptist (SBC) deacon asked me if I was president would I launch in response to a nuclear attack, I said I probably would, and his angry response was how could I as a Christian do that knowing that millions of innocent people would be killed? After thinking about it over the day, I realized that I simply couldn't do it based on Jesus' teachings, and I have never changed my mind on that.

BTW, there was some serious questions as to whether Jimmy Carter would launch a nuclear counterattack, I have doubts he would. Of course, he could not openly admit that either.

Shaul

Premium Member
The Iranians are much further along with their nuclear program since Trump pulled us out of the Iran Nuclear Agreement, so you have no clue what you're talking about. The inspectors said the agreement was working prior to our pulling out.

Netanyahu is playing to his right-wing base, especially since he himself has some quite serious legal "issues".
Under the Obama/Biden Iran deal it had a sanctioned path to get nuclear weapons and received billions of dollars. Those are facts. Trump pulled out of that deal and re-implemented sanctions so long as Iran pursues getting nuclear weapons. Iran now has no guaranteed path to get nuclear weapons.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Frankly, I cannot see this.

About forty years ago, a friend of mine who was and is a Baptist (SBC) deacon asked me if I was president would I launch in response to a nuclear attack, I said I probably would, and his angry response was how could I as a Christian do that knowing that millions of innocent people would be killed? After thinking about it over the day, I realized that I simply couldn't do it based on Jesus' teachings, and I have never changed my mind on that.

BTW, there was some serious questions as to whether Jimmy Carter would launch a nuclear counterattack, I have doubts he would. Of course, he could not openly admit that either.
You have nailed the nail on the head! This is why the more we learn, the more we don't know anything at all. Only God has the correct response... and then again, at the right time! I give myself a WIDE berth to be wrong.

However dogmatic I might be :)

I'm glad I don't make those decisions.