• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israeli Memorial Day 2022

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Today is the Israeli Memorial Day (Yom HaZikaron in Hebrew) when we remember all those who have fallen during military service or during terror attacks. Memorial Day in Israel is a big deal. I think much more so than in the West. Few are the people here who don't have any personal ties to people who were killed or died in service or during a terror attack. In my case, one of my uncles died in a car accident during his service, and one of my father's uncles died in a factory-related accident during his service. My father's reserve duty commander was killed in a terror attack during the Second Intifada.

Average memorial services on this day include reading things written by people who we remember on this day (be they soldiers or civilians) and relating stories of select people.
Last night I was in a memorial service and one of the stories told was that of Sean Carmeli. Sean was a lone soldier in Israel (i.e. he came here by himself while his family stayed in the States). He was killed in action during the 2014 Operation Iron Edge in Gaza. Sean had been a big fan of the Israeli soccer team Maccabi Haifa. His family worried that because he was a lone soldier, there wouldn't be a big turnout for the funeral. They were shocked to discover that about 20,000 people showed up from all over Israel. Turns out that fellow Maccabi Haifa fans heard his story and spread the word on all stations, news sites and social media.

A few days after the funeral, a song was written in his memory describing the funeral. Here's the song and an English translation (from here):

'20,000 people'/Ariel Horowitz

Twenty thousand men and you first
Twenty thousand people after you Sean
Walking quietly with flowers
Two sisters; twenty thousand brothers

Soccer fans who came with the group's scarves
And a girl with a flag
It is not clear to her why she's crying so
Without knowing you

They came to say thanks and say goodbye
To say that there is no such thing as a lone soldier
And not alone will he dwell
As long as there are in Texas, Haifa, and Gush Etzion
People love you Sean

Who makes peace in His heights
Make peace upon us
When autumn comes, you will not see Sean
That's why they came here from old to young
From Haifa, from Gush Etzion

Twenty thousand people
And you first

upload_2022-5-4_12-38-29.png

In memory of all of the fallen.
תנצב"ה

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Today is the Israeli Memorial Day (Yom HaZikaron in Hebrew) when we remember all those who have fallen during military service or during terror attacks. Memorial Day in Israel is a big deal. I think much more so than in the West. Few are the people here who don't have any personal ties to people who were killed or died in service or during a terror attack. In my case, one of my uncles died in a car accident during his service, and one of my father's uncles died in a factory-related accident during his service. My father's reserve duty commander was killed in a terror attack during the Second Intifada.

Average memorial services on this day include reading things written by people who we remember on this day (be they soldiers or civilians) and relating stories of select people.
Last night I was in a memorial service and one of the stories told was that of Sean Carmeli. Sean was a lone soldier in Israel (i.e. he came here by himself while his family stayed in the States). He was killed in action during the 2014 Operation Iron Edge in Gaza. Sean had been a big fan of the Israeli soccer team Maccabi Haifa. His family worried that because he was a lone soldier, there wouldn't be a big turnout for the funeral. They were shocked to discover that about 20,000 people showed up from all over Israel. Turns out that fellow Maccabi Haifa fans heard his story and spread the word on all stations, news sites and social media.

A few days after the funeral, a song was written in his memory describing the funeral. Here's the song and an English translation (from here):

'20,000 people'/Ariel Horowitz

Soccer fans who came with the group's scarves
And a girl with a flag
It is not clear to her why she's crying so
Without knowing you

They came to say thanks and say goodbye
To say that there is no such thing as a lone soldier
And not alone will he dwell
As long as there are in Texas, Haifa, and Gush Etzion
People love you Sean

Who makes peace in His heights
Make peace upon us
When autumn comes, you will not see Sean
That's why they came here from old to young
From Haifa, from Gush Etzion

Twenty thousand people
And you first

View attachment 62686

In memory of all of the fallen.
תנצב"ה
יהי רצון כל עם ישראל הנופלים עם ה' בשלום. שה' יברך אותם וישמור על משפחותיהם.

I hope i wrote that correctly :)
May all people of Israel be in peace, and rememberance of the fallen people be blessed by God.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
"video unavailable. The uploader has not made the video available in your country"