• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israeli kids and Syrian refugees

Knight of Albion

Matemkar: I do understand and respect that you hold a different perspective and point of view.
And I would agree with you that expanding settlement building in the West Bank is unwise and indeed provocative.
But you must agree, no matter how strongly you feel, that striving to know and understand each other, and extending the hand of friendship, is the only answer.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
This thread seems to have wandered ...

The way I see it only two things can happen. The Israelis and their Arab neighbours will both end up drowning in a blood bath of their own making, or with compromise, wisdom and acceptance they will find a peaceful settlement with independent homelands for both sides.

Alas I have seen little to encourage me that this will be possible with the present ruling generation.

However, this story has provided a glimmer of light for the future.

I do not believe for one moment that these Israeli children concerned have been manipulated. I am convinced as to the sincerity of their actions.

Going round dehumanizing 'the other side' will surely have the desired effect.
When common humanity is brought to the fore ...

Kindness breaks down barriers, makes all things possible. Even peace in a troubled land.

Well said, and I agree.

Matemkar

metis, the term invasion means entering a land without permission of the locals and claiming authority over it and displacing the natives. It still is called invasion even if the whole UN agrees on it. Because logically, you can't give a land, that is not yours, to a nation to compensate your mistake to that nation. You can't take money from the pocket of another and give it to the guy you offended. I hope I make sense. UN did not and does not have the right to decide on it.

And I don't whine about something, I just warn about something. For if one takes the side of a rapist, oppressor, setller regime, he is an oppressor himself. My arguments and suggestions is for the good of everyone.

Lastly, please don't drag Ottoman and Turkish govt. into this. I said back earlier, I find them more faulty than the so-called Israel. And you would agree if you studied the last era of Ottomans and the foundation of Turkey where rulers killed more Muslims (Turks, Kurds) (e.g. cleansing of muslims through the so-called Independence Tribunals) than they killed Armenians. As I said, there is too much to tell on this issue..

And Knight, I am not unhappy about the 'help'. But I am criticizing the justification of the occupier-settler entity through some 'help' of the kids to a certain group. But people forget about the nation that has been suffering from them more than a half century.. I hope I make sense..

ma salam

Knight of Albion

And Knight, I am not unhappy about the 'help'. But I am criticizing the justification of the occupier-settler entity through some 'help' of the kids to a certain group. But people forget about the nation that has been suffering from them more than a half century.. I hope I make sense..

I think I get your point. You mean Syria? I'm not sure that is true. If my history is correct, four times Syria has launched a violent, unprovoked attack against Israel and four times Israel has defended herself and given the Syrians a bloody nose.

Maybe the Syrians should choose their enemies more carefully.

Matemkar

By occupier-settler entity I mean the zionist regime.. And by a nation that has been suffering more than half a century I mean Palestinians.. And I don't think Syria lost any land in the war against occupiers.. Anyway, thanks again for your contribution..

Knight of Albion

By occupier-settler entity I mean the zionist regime.. And by a nation that has been suffering more than half a century I mean Palestinians.. And I don't think Syria lost any land in the war against occupiers.. Anyway, thanks again for your contribution..

The Syrians lost the Golan Heights if you recall...

What would you have happen? The Israelis be totally wiped out - and maybe use their nuclear weaponry and take half of Arabia with them - or driven from their homeland again as they were all those years ago by the Romans?

Alternatively they can both make compromises and try to live in peace with each other.
The children are the hope, frankly the only hope...

No child emerged from the womb anti-Semetic. Nor anti-Muslim, anti-Christian or anti - anything! They're 'conditioned' to it by their elders mainly, who ought to know better but sadly clearly don't.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
No child emerged from the womb anti-Semetic. Nor anti-Muslim, anti-Christian or anti - anything! They're 'conditioned' to it by their elders mainly, who ought to know better but sadly clearly don't.
Can't speak for the Syrians, but obviously at least these Israeli kids inherited a good sense of morality from their elders.

Dingbat

I am glad this heartwarming story could be used to turn into a ******* match. Huzzah for humanity!

metis

metis, the term invasion means entering a land without permission of the locals and claiming authority over it and displacing the natives.

C'mon, you know the history of that area of the world. Because of a series of factors, people that lived there often moved around, with some groups now living far from where they lived many centuries ago. Even who we now call "Arabs" mostly weren't "Arabs" way back when.

And Jews also lived in that area, with a great many not leaving even though the Romans and others that moved in made life miserable or even intolerable for us.

What you are doing is to declare the "locals" to be monolithic, which is the total opposite of what that area was and is. For example, the French referred to the "Palestinian" Arabs as "Sud-Syrians" (South-Syrians), and we know from genome testing that indeed there's a match between most Syrians and most "Palestinians" and Jordanians.

In the late 1800's, many "Sud-Syrians" went to "Palestine" to get work with the Jewish building that was going on. They benefited and Jews benefited.

The bottom line: the area was well known for the mobility of its people, and Jews always were part of the "locals".

It still is called invasion even if the whole UN agrees on it.

It is not at all unusual for nations to be partitioned. For example, India was partitioned into India and Pakistan (and eventually Bangladesh) as you well know. Was it wrong for the U.N. to do that? Should it be reversed whereas all again become part of a greater India? I betcha you won't agree to that. :D

So, "picking-and-choosing" which partitioning is OK and which is not would be quite disingenuous, yes?

Because logically, you can't give a land, that is not yours, to a nation to compensate your mistake to that nation.

See above. BTW, partitioning was done all the time in that area of the world throughout much of its history, and Turkey was also historically involved with that, and in more ways than one.

And shalom to you.

metis

So Israel which has slaughtered unlimited numbers of Palestinian and other Arabs is concerned about the Syrian Arabs?!

Hypocrisy is disgusting.

Yes, and you should stop it. There's a rather logic difference that intelligent people understand between "collateral damage" being done in self defense versus wars of aggression, and Israel is not doing the latter.

For example, in the last conflict in Gaza, which Hamas started and continues even through today, Israelis tried to dismantle some of the weapons being used against us, but these weapons were typically hidden in urban areas. If Israel really wanted to inflict major casualties, the numbers killed would be multiples higher than what came out of that conflict.

Around ten years ago, Israel suffered an estimated 14,000 rocket and mortar fire from Gaza and southern Lebanon over about a four-year time period. I don't know where you live, but if that was happening to your people, what would you suggest would be your response would be?

For you to try and equate Israel's defense response to what's happening in Syria is pathetic. It's not even close on several factors, such as cause and effect, along with numbers killed.

Listen, if you truly want peace, you and I have to work for it. Justifying attacking others for control of a land that's already been divided isn't going to create peace. The partitioning is done. It's now "history". "Palestinians" can and probably will have their own state someday, but as long as they and their supporters continue to threaten Israel, that day will take just that much longer to reach, plus how many more lives lost? Think about it.

shalom

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Nice to see members dehumanize Syrian children as 'rebels' or 'terrorists'. Human depravity has no limits.
As for aid to Palestinians or even Lebanese, Palestinians are regularly treated in Israeli hospitals. More than that, there are people from countries such as Iraq who are welcomed in Israeli hospitals for complicated medical conditions which cannot be treated in their own countries. How inspiring to see RF members dehumanize sick people and medical staff for doing everyday humane acts and to exploit them for political demonization.

I hope i will see one day a jewish member condenmed the famous picture of isreali kids write love MSG on bombs to Leboness kids !!!

I don't remember that you dare even to comment about it , nor condemned it .

it's seems kids exploit in politic PUB issues in Israel too , the kids don't act from selfs , so it's failed TRY "acting scene".

i don't believe that you ignored that Israel hospitales host some terrorists (anti-Bashar) rebels whom fighting in Syria against Syrian Army .

Is the eight-year-old Syrian girl whose right leg was shattered in the fighting and was treated in Israel (and can now walk) a terrorist and a rebel? Where is your humanity?

First of all, i don't mean by "terrorists" the injured kids , and you know very well what WE meant .

but it's really interesting that you care about Arab kids ?

-So , tell us that you condemned Israeli Army for killing (NOT intentionaly ;) ) Palestini kids and Lebanens kids and civilians in the last two wars
,by the Israeli bombs and guns.

where is your humanity when other innocent kids killed/injured
by Israeli Army ? now it's just by different doer (different criminal ) ?!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
I'm glad these kids are getting supplies for winter.

Kids shouldn't suffer. If the donations are from Israelis, Americans or Saudi's.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I am glad this heartwarming story could be used to turn into a ******* match. Huzzah for humanity!
It isn't.
There are a few members who are consistently trolling a thread about humanitarian actions (by kids no less). And several other members who respond in order to point the original content and information of the OP.

Flankerl

So Israel which has slaughtered unlimited numbers of Palestinian and other Arabs is concerned about the Syrian Arabs?!

Hypocrisy is disgusting.

Unlimited? Since 1948 around 21.500 Palestinians and Israelis have died due to this conflict.

Meanwhile 100.000 - 150.000 Syrians died since 2011. Quite obviously the Palestinians have it worse. Really. Iam not kidding. For real.

But who cares about reality.

My humanity , denied by the Talmud (only jewish is adam , if not jewish is not adam !!!), I remember when you said in other thread :'My talmud"

*Edit*

Last edited by a moderator: