• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israeli kids and Syrian refugees

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Maybe you don't want to show this news and alike has a reason?
Maybe you are doing everything in order to take the information in this OP off topic and into flame bait/political demonization? I would stop that if I were you, because it looks rather desperate and pathetic to downplay everyday acts of humanity in a region which experiences an even greater amount of strife and suffering than usual.

Matemkar

Everyday acts of humanity? lol. Everyday they commit crimes, by being on a land that is not theirs.. By continuing their invasions, occupations and settlements.. By displacing nations.. And why are you offended when I mentioned the paradox here? I have good-will for all, I assure you..

I wish that zionists leave the invasion, occupation and settlements and give everyone back their rights.. Being a human to certain and inhumane to the people of the land you invade is not a good thing.. I wish they were good.. And they aren't.. I see that on the issues of Palestine and Lebanon..

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Repeating again, politics in order to use Muslims against one another, now and in the future.

Al-Assad's forces have killed tens of thousands of Syrians and caused many others to be displaced, yet I see you harping on some supposed conspiracy instead of condemning him.

By the way, it would probably give your arguments a little more credibility to rely on another source, as I think that pretty much everybody knows by now that Iran supports Al-Assad and his crimes against Syrians.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Everyday acts of humanity? lol. Everyday they commit crimes, by being on a land that is not theirs.. By continuing their invasions, occupations and settlements.. By displacing nations.. And why are you offended when I mentioned the paradox here? I have good-will for all, I assure you..
So let's see. Syrians kill each other, with some estimating the casualties at over 130,000. Wounded Syrians arrive to Israeli hospitals (an enemy state who is neither favorable by the Assad regime or the rebels), and all you can do is protest this with unrelated and irrelevant demagogy? I can see you have no concept of the meaning of the term 'paradox'.
I wish that zionists leave the invasion, occupation and settlements and give everyone back their rights.. Being a human to certain and inhumane to the people of the land you invade is not a good thing.. I wish they were good.. And they aren't.. I see that on the issues of Palestine and Lebanon..
There are no rightfully owned lands in the Middle East, for over a hundred years we've been playing grabs for keeps, with the country you hail from being responsible for much of the strife. The Arabs revolted against Turkey, and with a great irony both Jews and Arabs in this region have the Turks as a point of reference to put the British occupation in healthy context when addressing what true cruelty means.

Last edited:

Matemkar

Why should I condemn their President? For he fights groups most of whom are foreigners, supported by kings and sheikhs of subserviant states? For fighting the takfiri terrorist groups that even fight amongst each other? Why should I condemn him for? That the news channels you follow describe cannibal terrorists as Syrian civillians won't change anything..

Secondly, it is nice that you question the credibility of sources, but it is not a good thing to look at issues from one point of view, that is why, for you and I to follow sources, other than theguardian, CNN etc. is necessary (the same sources that lied on Iraq and prepared the ground for an invasion to begin). If we check the other sources, it will broaden our view. Then when we want to confirm things, we can investigate more..

PressTV and
http://www.sana.sy
Alalam News Network
Al-Manar TV Lebanon

would be good choices for different views.

And about the news I mentioned from PressTV, would LATimes increase more credibility for you?

Israel blocks hospital transfers over use of 'State of Palestine' - latimes.com

As I said, I prefer to share the news from the sites I mentioned, and you can check and verify the news I share with the sources you find more credible..

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Apparently you are oblivious to the general history of the Middle East even though you live in the area. The boundaries of the nations you now see weren't always there, and throughout much of the history of that region there weren't even any boundaries in some locations.

Therefore, to claim the entire land as "theirs" is bogus on several counts, with another being that different groups occupied that area at different times, and there's never been a time over the last several thousand years where there wasn't a Jewish presence.

Therefore, when you write "theirs", this shows the problem, namely that you're essentially claiming all the land for just Muslems. Is it no wonder that we don't quite see it that way? Israel is one small speck in a large area, so there's plenty of land for you-- not so much for us. Yes, some people had to move, such as also we saw when Jews were forced out of Yemen and where we are forbidden to live in the West Bank and Gaza.

But that's all history at this point, and let me just say that if both Jews and Palestinians want to live in peace and work for it, there will be peace. However, it takes two to tango, and thus far the Palestinians simply aren't willing to do so, and certain neighboring countries are all too willing to use them as pawns.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

To go from a news piece about kids helping other kids to a tirade about politics strikes me as quite the slippery slope.

It seems that some people will just keep shoehorning political buzzwords and agendas into unrelated events to leverage their position, which is both pretty telling and sad.

Matemkar

Mr. Caladan, I am not a racist. I question things. I don't support my government (Turkey). I don't support the Padishahs of Ottomans. I know what invasions they did in the back and what filthy NATO agenda they are working for now. And I also know how they in words side with Muslims, however, in action they side with oppressors, occupiers and killers.. Yes, I am talking about Zionism vs Palestine.. Even in Mavi Marmara when Zionists killed Turks, the turks whose aim were to give aid to Palestinians.. Wasn't that aid humane? Why did zionists stop them? Why did zionists kill them? And why did not Turkish government (which has targeted Syria) do anything against zionist crimes on their own citizens? So, I condemn my govt. more than any.. For they have been invaders but on the oppressed nations and they don't give a damn about their own citizens either.. there is really much to tell, but I wonder if it would change anything..

metis

Why should I condemn their President? For he fights groups most of whom are foreigners, supported by kings and sheikhs of subserviant states? For fighting the takfiri terrorist groups that even fight amongst each other? Why should I condemn him for? That the news channels you follow describe cannibal terrorists as Syrian civillians won't change anything..

That's quite disingenuous. What about previous attacks on native Syrians?

It's all too convenient for you to label all the rebels as "foreigners" and "terrorists", but that's simply a lie. Yes, there are some foreigners now in there, and we certainly don't approve of them, but to simply blame it all on them and "terrorists" is a blatant falsehood.

metis

Even in Mavi Marmara when Zionists killed Turks, the turks whose aim were to give aid to Palestinians.. Wasn't that aid humane? Why did zionists stop them? Why did zionists kill them?

There would have been no bloodshed whatsoever committed by the Israelis had they been willing to let Israelis see that the ships contained no weapons. This was made clear to the ships' captains, but instead they went on anyway. Therefore, for security's sake, the Israelis had no choice.

An example to indicate that this is more the truth than the story you're telling is that later shipments were allowed to go to Gaza, but not without being checked first.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Mr. Caladan, I am not a racist. I question things. I don't support my government (Turkey). I don't support the Padishahs of Ottomans. I know what invasions they did in the back and what filthy NATO agenda they are working for now. And I also know how they in words side with Muslims, however, in action they side with oppressors, occupiers and killers.. Yes, I am talking about Zionism vs Palestine.. Even in Mavi Marmara when Zionists killed Turks, the turks whose aim were to give aid to Palestinians.. Wasn't that aid humane? Why did zionists stop them? Why did zionists kill them? And why did not Turkish government (which has targeted Syria) do anything against zionist crimes on their own citizens? So, I condemn my govt. more than any.. For they have been invaders but on the oppressed nations and they don't give a damn about their own citizens either.. there is really much to tell, but I wonder if it would change anything..
LOL. We must not be reading the same news. Then again I haven't found a content of value in Press TV yet.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Why should you condemn him? Let's see... for the tip of the iceberg:

https://www.hrw.org/news/2014/01/30/syria-thousands-houses-unlawfully-razed

That's a link from a human rights organization, so they're not involved in some sort of conspiracy like you claim other sources were.

Secondly, it is nice that you question the credibility of sources, but it is not a good thing to look at issues from one point of view, that is why, for you and I to follow sources, other than theguardian, CNN etc. is necessary (the same sources that lied on Iraq and prepared the ground for an invasion to begin). If we check the other sources, it will broaden our view. Then when we want to confirm things, we can investigate more..

PressTV and
http://www.sana.sy
Alalam News Network
Al-Manar TV Lebanon

would be good choices for different views.

And about the news I mentioned from PressTV, would LATimes increase more credibility for you?

Israel blocks hospital transfers over use of 'State of Palestine' - latimes.com

As I said, I prefer to share the news from the sites I mentioned, and you can check and verify the news I share with the sources you find more credible..

Well, that's barking up the wrong tree, as I didn't even say anything about Israel's policies. This thread's OP is about aid given by kids to other kids in Syria; attempting to politicize that implies that those children are somehow involved in shaping or executing their country's policies, which is a ridiculous claim to make.

Matemkar

Metis, most of the 'Americans' ancestors are European. And I don't think you would argue that Americans should leave the continent to the natives.
On the issue of Palestine it is like this. It does not matter jews had it first. And also, there is another point, why people should go back to the time when jews had it? Why not the time far back when Egyptians (kiptis) had it? Or why not go back further when there were no jews, christians and muslims? So, you see, it can't be determined with who had it first. The fact that in history there were invasions (whether Europen invasion on America, or Jewish and Christian and Muslim invasion on Palestine..) does not mean anything, the matter is there should be no invasion now. And the going on zionist settlements are invasions that need to be stopped.. I hope I make sense..

Akivah

Well, on one thing Matemkar has succeeded. He has turned a humanitarian thread into a political one.

Matemkar

The thread is in the politics section, is it not? The move is political (they are encouraged for it), is it not? So, what is wrong with discussing politics here?

Last edited:

metis

Metis, most of the 'Americans' ancestors are European. And I don't think you would argue that Americans should leave the continent to the natives.
On the issue of Palestine it is like this. It does not matter jews had it first. And also, there is another point, why people should go back to the time when jews had it? Why not the time far back when Egyptians (kiptis) had it? Or why not go back further when there were no jews, christians and muslims? So, you see, it can't be determined with who had it first. The fact that in history there were invasions (whether Europen invasion on America, or Jewish and Christian and Muslim invasion on Palestine..) does not mean anything, the matter is there should be no invasion now. And the going on zionist settlements are invasions that need to be stopped.. I hope I make sense..

First of all, there are no "invasions" as long as Israel isn't attacked. The settlements are a different matter, and even we as Jews don't always agree on them.

As far as the history you referred to at the beginning of this post, the division of Palestine went roughly 5/6 to the Palestinians/Jordanians and only 1/6 to us. Had the Palestinians and other related parties been willing to allow that 1/6 to exist as a sovereign, there wouldn't be the conflict we see today. But they couldn't do that because Palestinian and Muslem radical elements would allow this to happen, and they were encouraged by the neighboring countries.

So, now what we have as you say above, namely a situation whereas we have our sovereignty and the Muslem elements have theirs. If the latter continues to try and take ours away, more will die; and if you support this, they at least be honest and don't strut around and say you want peace.

History is history, and we now are in the present, so if both sides agree that this is what they're willing to work with, there will be peace. Both sides have a lot to gain by doing as such, but it's unfortunate that there are those who simply want it all.

metis

The thread is in the politics section, is it not? The move is political, is it not? So, what is wrong with discussing politics here?

Yes, but it's you who has taken a beautiful thing and made it ugly.

Matemkar

Metis, before arguing something you need to make up your mind first. Your titles says non-theistic and bu but your posts says jew, this is the paradox I was and am talking about. Secondly, you are claiming a land zionists invaded as theirs and that Muslims have to accept it. Surely we won't and if it means no peace, then no peace. Lastly, I am aware that there are some jews who do not agree on the crimes of zionist entity, such as displacing palestinians and settlements, etc. And I appreciate them.. I follow them on Neturei Karta - Orthodox Jews United Against Zionism their stance is very good and fair. Wish every jew become like that. Thanks

Last edited:

metis

Metis, before arguing something you need to make up your mind first. Your titles says non-theistic and bu but your posts says jew, this is the paradox I was and am talking about.

A "Jew" is a nationality, not a religion. "Judaism" a religion, but not all "Jews" observe it. I mostly observe it even though I'm non-theistic. Long story.

Secondly, you are claiming a land zionists invaded as theirs and that Muslims have to accept it.

Again, you're being quite dishonest. We did not "invade" the area-- it was agreed up by more than a 2/3 vote of the U.N. to partition Palestine.

Surely we won't and if it means no peace, then no peace.

Then do come back and whine when Palestinians get killed. You make your bed, you lay in it. If you're not committed to peace, you're committed to war. If that's your choice, then we all have to live with the consequences.

BTW, what's your version of why your people genocided somewhere between 2/3 and 1 & 1/2 Armenians? While you're at it, what's your rationale why we see so many Muslems killing so many other Muslems in so many countries? Why should we in any way trust people like yourselves? Sorry, no can do.

Lastly, I am aware that there are some jews who do not agree on the crimes of zionist entity, such as displacing palestinians and settlements, etc. And I appreciate them.. I follow them on Neturei Karta - Orthodox Jews United Against Zionism their stance is very good and fair. Wish every jew become like that. Thanks

And I wish we had imams that actually want peace, but I do know there are some who do even if you don't. So, I do have respect for them, and also the untold millions of Muslems who actually think life is important. Maybe you should actually listen to them.

Knight of Albion

This thread seems to have wandered ...

The way I see it only two things can happen. The Israelis and their Arab neighbours will both end up drowning in a blood bath of their own making, or with compromise, wisdom and acceptance they will find a peaceful settlement with independent homelands for both sides.

Alas I have seen little to encourage me that this will be possible with the present ruling generation.

However, this story has provided a glimmer of light for the future.

I do not believe for one moment that these Israeli children concerned have been manipulated. I am convinced as to the sincerity of their actions.

Going round dehumanizing 'the other side' will surely have the desired effect.
When common humanity is brought to the fore ...

Kindness breaks down barriers, makes all things possible. Even peace in a troubled land.