• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israeli Elections: Round 3

Good-Ole-Rebel

Yeah, but I don't hate him as much as leftists (I'm right-wing). Those were some possible reasons to hate him. Reasons to like him:
1. He's not exactly in favor of a two-state solution.
2. He's not really anti-religious like many of the leftist politicians.
3. He's got great ties with Trump.
4. At the very least, the right-wing parties have managed to hold the coalition for over a decade now, thanks to him, which is no small feat.
5. He gave Bennett the position of Minister of Defense, which is a smart choice in my opinion.

Strange isn't it. The reasons to hate him and like him are the same due to whether one is left or right. The same is true here in the U.S. It doesn't matter what Trump does as far as the left or right or concerned. If he does it, the left hate him for it. The right support him. And religion or anti-religion divides on those same lines also.

I am right wing also. I have always liked Netanyahu. I am for no two-state solution for Israel. And I am religious. (Christian)

Good-Ole-Rebel

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

The mess is that neither party can form a government so they have election after election ending in stalemate.

Are you saying Israel has no government? Doesn't sound right.

Or are you saying the government is not functional in your opinion due to the opposition from the other party?

Good-Ole-Rebel

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Interesting. I looked at the link you gave and it seemed to list every government under the sun except Israel. Perhaps I missed it. Or maybe they are not up to date.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Not every page on Wikipedia is kept up-to-date unfortunately.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Israel should be ashamed of itself.
Israeli journalist Sivan Rahav-Meir said today: "It's not the people that are broken, it's the politics."
The politicians are disconnected from the people. What I saw while volunteering yesterday and during the second elections was that people have no idea what they're voting for. They don't really understand who they're voting for.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Israeli journalist Sivan Rahav-Meir said today: "It's not the people that are broken, it's the politics."
The politicians are disconnected from the people. What I saw while volunteering yesterday and during the second elections was that people have no idea what they're voting for. They don't really understand who they're voting for.

So too in the US.

My fear is that Israel is fast reaching a tipping point. For years I've resisted characterizing Israel as an apartheid state. Now ...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
To quote many people before me: Oom, Shmoom (או"ם שמום) - apartheid shmapartheid. And we'll leave it at that. ;)

93519414-c9f6-4414-a330-6633e44f0d64.png

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Excellent. Know that a lot of Israelis are like this, ...

Some are my relatives. Others are members of a couple of Reform congregations that I've supported over the past, and many are involved in an array of civil rights organization which I support. All good; all, in aggregate, insufficient.