• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israeli Cabinet passes loyalty bill, Arabs angry

Bismillah

Submit
What the hell are you getting at? I'm stating something very simple. How many Israeli Arabs agreed with the bill as compared with Israeli Jews.

Bismillah

Submit
If I wasn't clear before I'm obviously referring to Israeli as a nationality. If all Israelis were Jewish than Israeli Muslims would be an oxymoron. To avoid any further nitpicking that avoids the question at hand, how many politicians who are not Jewish agreed to this bill?

Rakhel

Abibi was asking how many Israeli Arabs opposed the bill, I was asking if he was referring to Israeli Arabs or Israeli Muslims.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Abibi was asking how many Israeli Arabs opposed the bill, I was asking if he was referring to Israeli Arabs or Israeli Muslims.
Almost all Israeli Arabs ARE Muslims. so I still dont understand what you are getting at.

Yona

Frum Mastah Flex
Oh I see; Now I am confused as to why you even brought up Iran at all,

I'll stop you there, are you serious? You don't know why I brought up Iran? Do you not read much news? It's no secret that tensions between Israel and Iran are very high at the moment. I am not 'claiming' anything, this is fact.

And you still addressed me in the last post incorrectly again, as my problem is the pledge to a "Jewish" state... not a pledge to Israel.

I don't even think you 'get it'.

A Jewish and Democratic State - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pot, meet Kettle.

Sorry, I'm an Israeli national.

If I take this for truth than I would have to apply it to you as well. And an Israeli has already criticized the same thing I am criticizing. In which case, I will have to go with the Israeli's opinion over yours, won't I?

I'm Israeli therefore I am taking my opinion and I don't really care so much who said it, he has his opinion, I have mine and I disagree.

Bismillah

Submit
And you will find Israelis who agree with with having the oath, otherwise the bill never would have passed
rakhel: I would like to redirect our discussion back to this. How many Arab Israelis agreed to this bill?

Yona: What does a "Jewish state" mean to you?

dust1n

Zindīq
I'll stop you there, are you serious? You don't know why I brought up Iran? Do you not read much news? It's no secret that tensions between Israel and Iran are very high at the moment. I am not 'claiming' anything, this is fact.
Read too much news. I don't understand why you brought up Iran because it has no relevancy to anything we were talking about.

Yes, I have a problem with the word being the Declaration of Independence, too.

Sorry, I'm an Israeli national.

I'm Israeli therefore I am taking my opinion and I don't really care so much who said it, he has his opinion, I have mine and I disagree.

Oh, I see. So your nationality is all you have to fall back on when you fail to make coherent points.

dust1n

Zindīq
rakhel: I would like to redirect our discussion back to this. How many Arab Israelis agreed to this bill?

Well I can't find out, but I imagine the four Ra'am members aren't too happy about it.

I can't find any statistics though.

Yona

Frum Mastah Flex
Read too much news. I don't understand why you brought up Iran because it has no relevancy to anything we were talking about.

Yes it most certainly does. It has everything to do with what we are talking about, are you kidding me? Do you honestly think it has no relevancy here? Come on.

Yes, I have a problem with the word being the Declaration of Independence, too.

Why? Because of your misinterpretation and ignorance?

Oh, I see. So your nationality is all you have to fall back on when you fail to make coherent points.

I fail to make a coherent point? Please, nice try.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
The Ultra Orthodox Jews living in Israel are going to love this bill, LOL. They're not loyal to the state either.

dust1n

Zindīq
Yes it most certainly does. It has everything to do with what we are talking about, are you kidding me? Do you honestly think it has no relevancy here? Come on.

Yes, I am saying Iran has nothing to do with Israeli Arabs.

Why? Because of your misinterpretation and ignorance?

No, because I believe equality under the law.

I fail to make a coherent point? Please, nice try.

Yes. You use many red herring to really address the issue.

Which makes sense, since you have clearly stated your opinion of Jews being first class citizens.