• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel Supports ISIS

True or False News

• True

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • False

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon admitted Israeli support for ISIS and other takfiri terrorists, calling them Syrian rebels – failing to explain they’re imported from scores of countries… There are no so-called “moderates” among them.

Since Obama waged war on Syria in March 2011, Israel bombed government targets multiple times. It continues supplying terrorist elements with weapons, munitions and other support.
israeli-prime-minister-benjamin-netanyahu-next-to-a-wounded-mercenary-israeli-military-field-hospital-at-the-occupied-golan-heights-border-with-syria-18-february-2014.jpg

http://www.globalresearch.ca/israel-supports-isis/5492807

Funny what typing random stuff into Google search will find you.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Saying that Israel supports ISIS is one of the easiest and most convenient ways for the Arab and Muslim world to refuse to face the cultural and intellectual problems that have contributed to the birth and sustenance of ISIS. It serves to make Israel look like the archvillain in the region while at the same time excusing the Arab and Muslim world of responsibility--partial or not--for the existence of ISIS. Two birds, one stone.

I think the news is false and, even if we say for the sake of argument that it's true, it doesn't change the fact that it wasn't Israel that ISIS originated in.

ronki23

How can Israel support ISIS? ISIS is hardline Sunni Islam; they even hate other Muslims like Shias and Ahmadiyaa. Like all other Sunni groups such as Deobandis, Salafis and Qutbs, they think Jews are Kaffirs who should be wiped out.

Israel does support Syrian rebels but there are MULTIPLE rebel groups and the groups Israel support are not ISIS

sovietchild

I was reading an article about how Israel buys oil from ISIS in-directly. ISIS > Kurdistan > Turkey > Israel. What are the chances those sources are legit?

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
It would surprise me if Israel supported anything actively occupying a portion of Palestinian territory with active supporters that poses a threat to them.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Israel's perceived near-term enemies are Shi'a. The enemy of my enemy and all that rot.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Saying that Israel supports ISIS is one of the easiest and most convenient ways for the Arab and Muslim world to refuse to face the cultural and intellectual problems that have contributed to the birth and sustenance of ISIS.

As a Shia Muslim, taking into account that Shia Muslims are main target of ISIS, I will say that ISIS, as well as alQaeda are direct result of the Wahhabi Ideology.

I think the news is false and, even if we say for the sake of argument that it's true, it doesn't change the fact that it wasn't Israel that ISIS originated in.

Nobody said that Israel originated ISIS.. The West did not originate Al-Qaeda too, but they support Al-Qaeda when it was fighting the Soviets..Similarly, Israel did not originate ISIS, but there are undeniable evidences that it supports it..

Also..Did you not notice that these Wahhabi terrorists are attacking everybody, but not Israel?!!!

Tumah

Veteran Member
Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon admitted Israeli support for ISIS and other takfiri terrorists, calling them Syrian rebels – failing to explain they’re imported from scores of countries… There are no so-called “moderates” among them.

Since Obama waged war on Syria in March 2011, Israel bombed government targets multiple times. It continues supplying terrorist elements with weapons, munitions and other support.
israeli-prime-minister-benjamin-netanyahu-next-to-a-wounded-mercenary-israeli-military-field-hospital-at-the-occupied-golan-heights-border-with-syria-18-february-2014.jpg

The caption to your photo:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu shakes hands with a Syrian man, who was wounded in the ongoing violence in Syria as he visits a military hospital located in the Golan Heights near the border with Syria on Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014. Since the Syrian conflict erupted almost three years ago hundreds of Syrians have received treatment in Israeli hospitals. (AP Photo/Menahem Kahana, Pool

Israeli premier meets wounded Syrians, blames Iran | Daily Mail Online

This is part of a larger issue with Israel providing medical aid to wounded Syrians.
Under cover of night, Syrian wounded seek help from enemy Israel
Israel and Syria are still at war, so why are Israeli medical staff treating Syrians?

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student

The article only quotes one source, not providing proper citation, and the source it goes to only has a twitter picture that does not pull up anything when backsearched news site that did not cite or quote anything in their article. And if that was not enough, that article did not even say what it claimed it did.

So yeah most likely fake, certainly not enough backing of their claims to believe them.

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
Also..Did you not notice that these Wahhabi terrorists are attacking everybody, but not Israel?!!!

That could be explainable in that many would consider a blasphemer in their own religion more dangerous than someone from another religion.

Not to mention that most of the Christians in the U.S., which most politicians at least claim to be in the U.S., would want to defend Israel if that happened due to some misguided theological concepts.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

It's not typical fake news and is more akin to an ongoing driveling narrative intended to make Israel look bad. In the old days, such a driveling narrative was often called propaganda.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
That could be explainable in that many would consider a blasphemer in their own religion more dangerous than someone from another religion.

Not to mention that most of the Christians in the U.S., which most politicians at least claim to be in the U.S., would want to defend Israel if that happened due to some misguided theological concepts.

Every party claims that the others are the blasphemers.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
As a Shia Muslim, taking into account that Shia Muslims are main target of ISIS, I will say that ISIS, as well as alQaeda are direct result of the Wahhabi Ideology.

Yeah, Shi'a Islam doesn't seem to be fueling ISIS's actions. On the other hand, Iranian support for a war criminal like Assad does seem to have ideological roots in religious sectarianism.

Nobody said that Israel originated ISIS.. The West did not originate Al-Qaeda too, but they support Al-Qaeda when it was fighting the Soviets..Similarly, Israel did not originate ISIS, but there are undeniable evidences that it supports it..

It's impossible for any group to "attack everybody." By the above logic, one could conclude that any country ISIS didn't attack could be guilty of supporting ISIS. I don't think that's the case; I think ISIS's picking of their targets has more complicated reasons than merely not being supported by the targets.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
It's not typical fake news and is more akin to an ongoing driveling narrative intended to make Israel look bad. In the old days, such a driveling narrative was often called propaganda.

Fair enough, sometimes I think it is all propaganda though. Even if you do try to verify a stories sources, which this article had none.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
It's the kind of nonsense that appeals to those already predisposed to believe such things. I suspect your average person of sufficient intelligence and experience has the pattern recognition skills to quickly identify these types of (poorly) constructed, narrative tidbits. Then again, it seems like more and more people's basic BS detectors are malfunctioning these days.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The caption to your photo:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu shakes hands with a Syrian man, who was wounded in the ongoing violence in Syria as he visits a military hospital located in the Golan Heights near the border with Syria on Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014. Since the Syrian conflict erupted almost three years ago hundreds of Syrians have received treatment in Israeli hospitals. (AP Photo/Menahem Kahana, Pool

Israeli premier meets wounded Syrians, blames Iran | Daily Mail Online

This is part of a larger issue with Israel providing medical aid to wounded Syrians.
Under cover of night, Syrian wounded seek help from enemy Israel
Israel and Syria are still at war, so why are Israeli medical staff treating Syrians?

I guess I don't understand why Syria is at war with Israel. Either Syria sees Israel as a threat or they're after some resource Israel has. I don't see why either would be the case. I also don't see why either religious ideology would support such a war.

I'd think Syria has more to gain by recognizing Israel than not.