• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel Frozen Out

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Patrolling West Bank Just Not Same Without Big Cone Of Chunky Monkey In Hand

HEBRON, WEST BANK—Lamenting the lack of his favourite summer season deal with, Israeli soldier Avi Berman advised reporters Friday that patrolling the West Financial institution simply wasn’t the identical and not using a large cone of Chunky Monkey in his hand. “I used to spend all summer season strolling down the streets, assault rifle in a single hand, large ol’ waffle cone within the different, however I suppose these days are gone,” stated Berman, a wistful expression on his face as he recalled how his complete unit used to cease by the Ben & Jerry’s retailer to seize a serving of Phish Meals or Cherry Garcia earlier than bursting right into a Palestinian household’s residence in the course of the evening. “Oh man, savoring these chocolate chunks, these walnut items, licking that wealthy banana taste off my wrist whereas I screamed on the youngsters. I do know Dean’s makes a banana break up taste, and I can’t resist a very good chocolate almond Häagen-Dazs bar, however rattling, they only don’t evaluate. What am I gonna do? These Palestin—excuse me—Israeli summers get scorching, so it’s good to have a cool deal with to maintain me going.” At press time, Berman added that the popsicles he present in a Palestinian household’s freezer would simply need to do.

Thought this was hilarious. :D:D:D

Justanatheist

HEBRON, WEST BANK—Lamenting the lack of his favourite summer season deal with, Israeli soldier Avi Berman advised reporters Friday that patrolling the West Financial institution simply wasn’t the identical and not using a large cone of Chunky Monkey in his hand. “I used to spend all summer season strolling down the streets, assault rifle in a single hand, large ol’ waffle cone within the different, however I suppose these days are gone,” stated Berman, a wistful expression on his face as he recalled how his complete unit used to cease by the Ben & Jerry’s retailer to seize a serving of Phish Meals or Cherry Garcia earlier than bursting right into a Palestinian household’s residence in the course of the evening. “Oh man, savoring these chocolate chunks, these walnut items, licking that wealthy banana taste off my wrist whereas I screamed on the youngsters. I do know Dean’s makes a banana break up taste, and I can’t resist a very good chocolate almond Häagen-Dazs bar, however rattling, they only don’t evaluate. What am I gonna do? These Palestin—excuse me—Israeli summers get scorching, so it’s good to have a cool deal with to maintain me going.” At press time, Berman added that the popsicles he present in a Palestinian household’s freezer would simply need to do.

Thought this was hilarious. :D:D:D
Maybe, "me thinks the man protest to much";)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis sanctions Ben & Jerry's over Israel boycott - UPI.com

July 26 (UPI) -- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday called on the state to take action against Ben & Jerry's after the company made the decision to halt sales of its ice cream in the Israeli occupied territories.

DeSantis sent a letter to the State Board of Administration of Florida asking the agency to place Ben & Jerry's and its parent company Unilever on its Continued Examination Companies that Boycott Israel List and initiate the process to place it on the Scrutinized Companies that Boycott Israel List.

"As you know, Florida has long had a strong relationship with the State of Israel. As a matter of law and principle, the State of Florida does not tolerate discrimination against the State of Israel or the Israeli people, including boycotts and divestments targeting Israel," he wrote.

DeSantis added that if Ben & Jerry's and Unilever are successfully placed on the Scrutinized Companies List and they do not cease the Israel boycott that the board "must refrain from acquiring any and all Unilever assets consistent with the law."

"These actions affirm the State of Floria's relationship with the State of Israel and our commitment to a swift response to those who discriminate against the Israeli people," he wrote.

Last week, Ben & Jerry's issued a statement saying that that it would not renew a license to distribute its products in Occupied Palestinian Territories but would continue to sell the products in Israel "through a different arrangement."

The company made the decision in protest against Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights areas, which the United Nations has deemed a violation of its resolutions and international law.

I guess he can't actually ban Ben and Jerry's in Florida, but they can be put on the "Scrutinized Companies that Boycott Israel List," whatever that entails.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Well, the US can't have people refusing to trade with their most important customer in terms of weapon systems next to the US military. So there have to be consequences for violating the sacred union between American capital and Israel's military.

Moonjuice

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
No I believe the indigenous people of Palestine were the people who lived there at the start of the mandate, be they Arab, Jewish or whatever. This is defined in the preamble to the Mandate. I am not a racist who would define indigenous people as only the ones who can trace their ancestry back for thousands of years.
Like Native Americans here in the U.S.?

Moonjuice

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
Maybe I'm not as familiar with this, but it's hard not to contrast the situation with the successful boycotts of South Africa during apartheid.

If Israel weren't seen as a buffer state to maintain democratic pressure in the Middle East region, and if it weren't vociferously supported by US Evangelicals due to their interpretation of a Biblical prophecy that requires a state of Israel populated by Jewish people, then would it be able to do the things it has been doing? Would the Western international community be tolerating its treatment of Palestinians? I can't see how they would.

I'm personally boycotting products, authors, and others stuff originating from Israel. I wish more people would, because I see its state actions as criminal, immoral, and against all human decency. I do the same for any country that does the same. But that's just me. What really bothers me is when people try to tie my stance to bigotry against an ethnic group, which is ridiculous, but that's a whole other topic.
Well said.