• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel and the soon return of Yeshua Christ

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Greetings to you, InChrist,

Strangely ("strange" because so many Christians seem to be unaware of this,) the Bible actually says that the land of Palestine belongs not to the Israelites, but to CHRIST AND THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN HIM.

The covenant was made with "the seed of Abraham":

"In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:" Genesis 15:18

And the NEW TESTAMENT reveals that the "seed" of Abraham is NOT the Israelites but it is CHRIST & ALL WHO BELIEVE IN HIM:

"(16)Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ...(29)And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Gal. 3:16, 29

If we read all of Galatians 3, we see that that land does not belong to the Israelites but to Christ & those who believe in him.

Peace & Blessings to you.
Yahyaa Waahid (my name)
Awesome. This is what the Crusades believed, isn't it? Why don't we all just grow up a little over this whole land issue.

Awesome. This is what the Crusades believed, isn't it? Why don't we all just grow up a little over this whole land issue.

Greetings to you, Windwalker,

You are in error to suggest that concern over who rules Palestine is childishness. The Lord of the Worlds has revealed that none shall rule Jerusalem but the righteous.

Yahyaa Waahid (my name)

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Greetings to you, Windwalker,

You are in error to suggest that concern over who rules Palestine is childishness. The Lord of the Worlds has revealed that none shall rule Jerusalem but the righteous.

Yahyaa Waahid (my name)
By growing up, I mean getting beyond a glorified form of tribalism being concerned about who rules a certain plot of land. I believe God cares about far more loftier ideals than human do, such as love and compassion. Not land ownership. God projected in our own image, is not God.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Greetings to you, InChrist,

Strangely ("strange" because so many Christians seem to be unaware of this,) the Bible actually says that the land of Palestine belongs not to the Israelites, but to CHRIST AND THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN HIM.

The covenant was made with "the seed of Abraham":

"In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:" Genesis 15:18

And the NEW TESTAMENT reveals that the "seed" of Abraham is NOT the Israelites but it is CHRIST & ALL WHO BELIEVE IN HIM:

"(16)Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ...(29)And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Gal. 3:16, 29

If we read all of Galatians 3, we see that that land does not belong to the Israelites but to Christ & those who believe in him.

Yahyaa Waahid (my name)

Apparently you missed the part in the gospels where Jesus that he came only for the Jews. Secondly, the Abrahamic Covenant is marked by male circumcision on the 8th day after birth, according to Torah, and only Jews have that as a requirement. And thirdly, apparently you missed God's promise, found in Exodus, to Moses about the land given to Jews.

By growing up, I mean getting beyond a glorified form of tribalism being concerned about who rules a certain plot of land. I believe God cares about far more loftier ideals than human do, such as love and compassion. Not land ownership. God projected in our own image, is not God.

Well, the Bible does say that God Willed that special land to someone. If the Bible says that God felt that way about that land, then the matter is not trivial in the least.

Peace.
Yahyaa Waahid

Apparently you missed the part in the gospels where Jesus that he came only for the Jews. Secondly, the Abrahamic Covenant is marked by male circumcision on the 8th day after birth, according to Torah, and only Jews have that as a requirement. And thirdly, apparently you missed God's promise, found in Exodus, to Moses about the land given to Jews.

Greetings to you, metis,

No no, I did not miss Jesus saying that he was only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. That fact does not change Galatians 3, and it does not change the fact that the Apostles Peter and Paul were sent to the Gentiles.

And the covenant with the Jews IS NOT the Abrahamic covenant. The covenant with the Jews is an "ADDITIONAL" covenant added to the Abrahamic covenant:

Galatians 3:17, 19

"(17)And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. (19) Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator."

No, I did not miss the OLD Testament. Again, Galatians 3 said that the covenant with the Jews would last until the Abrahamic covenant is fulfilled in Christ.

Peace.
Yahyaa Waahid

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, the Bible does say that God Willed that special land to someone. If the Bible says that God felt that way about that land, then the matter is not trivial in the least.

Peace.
Yahyaa Waahid
People who were trying to understand God wrote the Bible. Sorry to shake the ground beneath you, but people like you and like me wrote it. There is only a central theme that is you and me together. Then others, like you and me, try to interpret it and have a conversation like this. :) Chew on that, and then let's have a cup of tea together.

Flankerl

Again, Galatians 3 said that the covenant with the Jews would last until the Abrahamic covenant is fulfilled in Christ.

But it says in the Book of Flankerl that your greco-roman religion is wrong on that one.

Since it was revealed after your book it has to be right!

Shermana

Heretic
I think the point of Galatians 3 is simply saying that those gentiles are equally children of Abraham.

Which I highly disagree with.

And I also happen to agree with the few scholars who think Galatians was a total forgery, err, Pseudepigrapha.

Akivah

Shermana

Isn't it obvious that the original bible was a forgery. And the succeeding bible (the one with Galatians in it) has to be the true bible?

/sarcasm off

Shermana

Heretic
Shermana

Isn't it obvious that the original bible was a forgery. And the succeeding bible (the one with Galatians in it) has to be the true bible?

/sarcasm off

It's so obvious. After all, one book supposedly written by a controversial self-declared Prophet that radically deviates from the rest of everything else in the Book HAS to be correct, screw all the others. The Jews obviously forged the Torah, including all the references to the Mosaic Law and how it must be forever upheld in the NT. All the parts where Paul clashes with Jesus, it was obviously interpolated to make Jesus say those things.

People who were trying to understand God wrote the Bible. Sorry to shake the ground beneath you, but people like you and like me wrote it. There is only a central theme that is you and me together. Then others, like you and me, try to interpret it and have a conversation like this. :) Chew on that, and then let's have a cup of tea together.

Well I guess that that depends on your beliefs about the Bibles origins. The Bible was written by the 24 Elders mentioned in the Book of Revelation (the last book of the Bible,) and it was Revealed bit by bit at various times to various people. The Jews altered the original content of the Bible, so today there is much confusion about things if you want to follow the Bible. The Holy Qur'an, just for the record, identifies itself as the Guardian and Verifier of the Bible.

Peace.
Yahyaa Waahid

I think the point of Galatians 3 is simply saying that those gentiles are equally children of Abraham.

Which I highly disagree with.

And I also happen to agree with the few scholars who think Galatians was a total forgery, err, Pseudepigrapha.

Greetings to you, Shermana,

Well if we look at it, it speaks for itself, in my judgment. Galatians 3:16:

"Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ."

"He saith not, And to seeds..." That plainly tells us that the Abrahamic covenant was not the covenant made with the Israelites. Galatians 3 goes on to say that the covenant with the Israelites was "ADDED" to the Abrahamic covenant and that the covenant with the Israelites lasted until the coming of Christ who is the actual "seed of Abraham" and the fulfiller of the Abrahamic covenant:

"(17)And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. (19)Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator." Galatians 3:17, 19.

Galatians 3:16, 29 tells us who is the true seed of Abraham:

"(16)Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. (29)And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Peace.
Yahyaa Waahid

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Well I guess that that depends on your beliefs about the Bibles origins. The Bible was written by the 24 Elders mentioned in the Book of Revelation (the last book of the Bible,) and it was Revealed bit by bit at various times to various people. The Jews altered the original content of the Bible, so today there is much confusion about things if you want to follow the Bible. The Holy Qur'an, just for the record, identifies itself as the Guardian and Verifier of the Bible.

Peace.
Yahyaa Waahid

And can you provide any objective evidence that we "altered the original context of the Bible", along with how do you know with any certainty that the Qur'an has it right? Don't give us an opinion-- just evidence please?

And can you provide any objective evidence that we "altered the original context of the Bible", along with how do you know with any certainty that the Qur'an has it right? Don't give us an opinion-- just evidence please?

I said altered the content, not "context." And my proof is the work of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad among the American so-called Negroes. Jesus said:

"(37)If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. (38)But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him." John 10:37-38

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad is the teacher that the Qur'an, which says that the Jews altered the original content of Bible, is a true book. And his work of resurrecting the American so-called Negroes (spiritually & mentally) is the proof that God is in the Honorable Elijah Muhammad and that the Honorable Elijah Muhammad is in God.

If you have never heard of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, he is the man who is the teacher of Minister Louis Farrakhan, and, he is the man whom Minister Farrakhan is the National Representative of. Their group, which I am not a member of, is called the Nation of Islam and they have a website @ NOI.org - The Nation of Islam Official Website . If you would like to hear a lecture by Minister Farrakhan, go to: The Time And What Must Be Done Series by Minister Louis Farrakhan at 6PM any Saturday for the rest of this year. They also have a website for their weekly publication, the Final Call Newspaper, @ FinalCall.com News - Uncompromised National and World News and Perspectives .

Yahyaa Waahid

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, if I do good works, it means my scholarship on ancient history is validated? Somehow? No, one scholar doesn't mean much of anything, considering the religious biases present. This is not real scholarship, but religious propaganda.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Peace.
Yahyaa Waahid
I guess if you start with the answers already secured in your religious beliefs, there is no point in discussion. You already have the answers and will reject whatever challenges those.

Aside from that, this understanding is a mythological understanding, written in heaven by mythological creatures and whatnot. That fine for you. I cannot think in terms like this. I have too much exposure to modern scholarship.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I see the scriptures showing the establishment and events surrounding the modern state of Israel as the greatest sign and indication of the end of the age and the soon return of Yeshua, Jesus Christ. Does anyone else see this clear fulfillment of God's prophetic word taking place right before our eyes?

"Yeshua spoke of a generation that would not see death until all these things are fulfilled, and how to determine the signs of that time. Again, lets look at what the Scriptures say about the importance of the modern nation of Israel, which is the greatest sign of the soon return of Yeshua, our Blessed Hope (Titus 2:13). Isaiah 66:8 declares Israel would be born in a day, which was fulfilled May14, 1948."

Israel: God’s Prophetic Time Clock
By Ray Smith

I could use Scripture to show that He might not be due back for another 20,000 years. God has been known to tarry.