• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel and the soon return of Yeshua Christ

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
When they accept Jesus as Lord, they will be. For now, they're viewed as "blinded" (re: Romans). According to Romans, the Jews have been blinded from accepting Jesus so that the Gentiles may be converted. But eventually the Jews will accept Christ, as the prophecy goes.

Don't hold your breath. ;)

OK, so we're not supposedly the "spiritual Israel", which begs the question why would God lie and forsake those whom He promised to never abandon, whereas the Covenant and the Law are said to be "forever", "perpetual", etc.? Sorry, but we don't believe in a god that lies.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Don't hold your breath. ;)

OK, so we're not supposedly the "spiritual Israel", which begs the question why would God lie and forsake those whom He promised to never abandon, whereas the Covenant and the Law are said to be "forever", "perpetual", etc.? Sorry, but we don't believe in a god that lies.

He didn't abandon anyone. He has just brought all of humanity into the Covenant through its full revelation in the Person of Jesus Christ. There have always been Jewish members of the Church, anyway.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I agree with you a point spiritual Israel in the believers not the church little "c". Mount Zion is God's Spiritual elect. You must understand there are two churches the are god's out called then then their is Baby-lon (all religion)

When I say "Church" (capitalized), I'm referring to the Catholic Church.

Benoni

Ah, "spiritual Israel", which is somewhat different than just saying "Israel". OK, are the Jewish people who are observant Jews part of this "spiritual Israel"? Just askin.;)

Hosea 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 The word of the Lord that came unto Hosea, the son of Beeri, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel.

5 And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel, in the valley of Jezreel.
6 And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.
7 But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the Lord their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.
8 Now when she had weaned Loruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son.
9 Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.
10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.
11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

Benoni

He didn't abandon anyone. He has just brought all of humanity into the Covenant through its full revelation in the Person of Jesus Christ. There have always been Jewish members of the Church, anyway.
WRONG..

10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

Take a t spoon of sand and count the grains then maybe you will grasp the number of the children of Israel in the ages to come

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No Not a chance. They lost they way back in about 30 AD

More like capital "B" in Baby-lon

:facepalm: :no:

So you're an anti-Catholic. Not surprising. I can't make heads or tails of most of the stuff you post, anyway.

WRONG..

Take a t spoon of sand and count the grains then maybe you will grasp the number of the children of Israel in the ages to come

How in the world am I wrong? That just is more proof for what I have to say.

Last edited:

Benoni

saint_frankenstein

No I am not anti-catholic; I am anti-religious.

God is not calling the whole world now especially the Jews

Romans 11:26
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Who is Israel?

There were twelve tribes, the Bible had Benjamin and Joseph (11) born by Rachel the chosen bride, then their ten half brothers born by maid servants and their names were, Rueben(1), Simeon (2), Levi(3), Judah(4), Dan(5), Naphtali(6), Gad(7), Asher(8), Issachar(9) and Zebulun(10), this can be found in Genesis 29.

The twelve tribes under David and Solomon were one nation but later were separated in fact the name of the ten tribes during this separation was “Israel”. During the separation Judah and Benjamin were known as Judah. Israel; the northern ten tribes were later scattered and lost absorbed into many nations. Point being no one really knows where they are or who they are.

So your nation of Israel today is not Israel just two tribes Judah (Benjamin and Judah).

What did Jesus actually say was the only reason that he first came ?
Why is this not discussed or understood in the walls of religion today

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the House of Israel

But most who call themselves 'Christian' do not even know he said this or acknowledge this verse, let alone knowing who the House of Israel are or that the new covenant of grace is ONLY with those whose fathers broke the old covenant, with the descendants of the House of Israel and the House of Judah ...

Do you see how far religion has strayed , it no longer seeks out the House of Israel that the disciples of Jesus were commanded to go and find, scattered amongst the gentiles :-[/color]

BUT THERE IS MORE!!!!!

Matthew 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the House of Israel.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the House of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the House of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the House of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

So with this information who are the lost tribes, I will not answer because all I can do is assume, nor do I know how much sand is in a dump truck; but compared to the sand in the sea shore, or the stars in the heaven; NOT MUCH.

Genesis 32:12And thou saidst, I will surely do thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude.

Genesis 22:16-18 (King James Version)
16And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

How many millions of grains of sand can you put in your two hands at the sea shore; how many stars can you count on a cold winter day; and that only the ones you can see. Just think how many grains of sand in a dump truck?

Benoni

:facepalm: :no:

So you're an anti-Catholic. Not surprising. I can't make heads or tails of most of the stuff you post, anyway.

How in the world am I wrong? That just is more proof for what I have to say.
The reason you cannot make heads or tails of what I post is your head is so deep in your religion you cannot see past it.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Hosea 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 The word of the Lord that came unto Hosea, the son of Beeri, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel.

5 And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel, in the valley of Jezreel.
6 And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.
7 But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the Lord their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.
8 Now when she had weaned Loruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son.
9 Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.
11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.
Your point?

Sonofason

I see the scriptures showing the establishment and events surrounding the modern state of Israel as the greatest sign and indication of the end of the age and the soon return of Yeshua, Jesus Christ. Does anyone else see this clear fulfillment of God's prophetic word taking place right before our eyes?

"Yeshua spoke of a generation that would not see death until all these things are fulfilled, and how to determine the signs of that time. Again, lets look at what the Scriptures say about the importance of the modern nation of Israel, which is the greatest sign of the soon return of Yeshua, our Blessed Hope (Titus 2:13). Isaiah 66:8 declares Israel would be born in a day, which was fulfilled May14, 1948."

It certainly appears this way to me.

Jesus had said to His disciples, "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near--at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place."

Hosea 9:10 says, "When I found Israel, it was like finding grapes in the desert; when I saw your fathers, it was like seeing the early fruit on the fig tree."

There is little doubt in my mind that the establishment of the State of Israel, on May 14, 1948, is the fulfillment of this prophecy of the fig tree.

So then, how long is a generation, and which group of people is the generation of people that Jesus was referring to?

I believe that a generation is about 70 years.
I believe that "this generation" refers to a particular generation of people who saw Israel become a nation again. Perhaps it refers to the generation of first born in this newly revived nation. If so, we have very little time. Do the math.

Benoni

It certainly appears this way to me.

Jesus had said to His disciples, "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near--at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place."

Hosea 9:10 says, "When I found Israel, it was like finding grapes in the desert; when I saw your fathers, it was like seeing the early fruit on the fig tree."

There is little doubt in my mind that the establishment of the State of Israel, on May 14, 1948, is the fulfillment of this prophecy of the fig tree.

So then, how long is a generation, and which group of people is the generation of people that Jesus was referring to?

I believe that a generation is about 70 years.
I believe that "this generation" refers to a particular generation of people who saw Israel become a nation again. Perhaps it refers to the generation of first born in this newly revived nation. If so, we have very little time. Do the math.

So the Lost tribes do not count??? The State of Israel, on May 14, 1948 was just the Jews.

You do the math. Do you really think the small nation we call Israel today has a population where the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered

Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

Sonofason

So the Lost tribes do not count??? The State of Israel, on May 14, 1948 was just the Jews.

You do the math. Do you really think the small nation we call Israel today has a population where the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered

Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

Can you please state the relevance of your questions with regard to the OP of this thread?

Benoni

Can you please state the relevance of your questions with regard to the OP of this thread?

The fact are Jesus has come for the Lost tribes of Israel if you noticed my earlier post which I quoted about 10 verses showing us with fact.
The second point is the nation of Israel today is but a small portion compared to the Hugh number of people scripture describes.
The Jews lost their favor with God for a time; they are still God’s chosen people in the natural but not spiritually.

Sonofason

The fact are Jesus has come for the Lost tribes of Israel if you noticed my earlier post which I quoted about 10 verses showing us with fact.
The second point is the nation of Israel today is but a small portion compared to the Hugh number of people scripture describes.
The Jews lost their favor with God for a time; they are still God’s chosen people in the natural but not spiritually.

I do not believe that in my post I addressed who Jesus was coming for. I was only addressing the time in which He would come.