• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel and the Jewish Messiah

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
What are your thoughts on the fact that Judaism generally doesn't recognize Jesus as the Messiah, in essence waiting for the 'first Messiah'.
Do you, if you are Christian, think that this is clearly against your religious beliefs?
If you are Jewish, how does this affect your view of Christianity?

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The "second coming" of Yeshu.
Is this a possibility? Yes, I think it is. Is it "necessary" to Christianity? no, I don't think it is necessary to the religion/belief system of Christianity. Yeshu gave us commands indicative of how we are to approach the New Covenant, we are saved through Eshu, already. Will the second coming be perceived as the 'first' Jewish Messiah? This is a possibility. I don't think it likely that this would be something to remain a matter of confusion, however, that is not in line with the Scriptural indication, imo.

Israel as the new Kingship
I assume this is likely, however, I'm not sure it is necessary.

Is Judaic belief 'sinful'?
No, I don't believe Judaic belief is sinful. It merely is a following of the First Covenant. That being said, is it in 'opposition' to the New Covenant, no, I don't believe so. The New Covenant is adhered to the old, the following of the new Covenant is in essence following the Old Covenant as well.

Is the Jewish Messiah at odds with Yeshu
No, I don't believe so. The term "Messiah" is viewed in slightly different manner by different groups, in essence the beginning of the New Covenant was enacted and set regardless of a Second Coming, or, A Jewish Messiah.

Flankerl

No idea what you want to talk about which hasnt been talked about in all the other "Why Jews dont accept some dude named Jesus as the moshiach?"-threads.

Flankerl

Huh? Because he didnt fullfill any messianic prophecies apart from the one that most Jews qualify for, he was a Jew.

Iam quite sure that you have seen these threads.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Huh? Because he didnt fullfill any messianic prophecies apart from the one that most Jews qualify for, he was a Jew.

Iam quite sure that you have seen these threads.

Eh not really. May be I wasn't paying attention.
Ah, right. The 'Jesus wasn't the real Messiah etc. etc. arguments.
Yeah, don't care.

dantech

What are your thoughts on the fact that Judaism generally doesn't recognize Jesus as the Messiah, in essence waiting for the 'first Messiah'.
Do you, if you are Christian, think that this is clearly against your religious beliefs?

How does it affect my view of Christianity, as a Jew, that Jews don't accept Jesus as the messiah?

How does it affect you, as a [insert whatever], that tomato juice is made of tomatoes?

Levite

Higher and Higher
What are your thoughts on the fact that Judaism generally doesn't recognize Jesus as the Messiah, in essence waiting for the 'first Messiah'

Well, since we only believe in one coming of the messiah, it's not really waiting for the "first" messiah, so much as just "the" messiah.

Since Jesus didn't do anything the messiah is supposed to do, it wouldn't make sense for us to accept him as the messiah. All the more so since he is now the focus of a non-Jewish religion, which worships him as God.

Christianity is another religion. It doesn't matter to me what another religion believes, as long as they don't attempt to force us to believe it as well.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
If we say "Yeshua is the Messiah", it leads to examination of Scriptural differences, religious practice differences etc. So, there are various things that might present themselves for argument. But, it doesn't make sense to force the argument either.

Poisonshady313

Hmm possibly something with more 'reasoning' or examination behind it. Actually, I wasn't necessarily "expecting" certain types of answers, but I'm a little surprised at the answers so far.

A few posts ago, you suggest that you may have worded your question too simply.

Care to try again?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
A few posts ago, you suggest that you may have worded your question too simply.

Care to try again?

Sure, it might be interesting ...

How does the ramifictions of Yeshua as Messiah, believed so by Christians, affect your view of other Christian religious practices and beliefs.

I think that covers my original intention.

Poisonshady313

Sure, it might be interesting ...

How does the ramifictions of Yeshua as Messiah, believed so by Christians, affect your view of other Christian religious practices and beliefs.

I think that covers my original intention.

When you say "other Christian religious practices and beliefs", do you have something specific in mind?

Poisonshady313

Anything, really.

Different Jewish people have varying levels of exposure to Christian belief and practices. And among Christians, there are many different types of beliefs and practices.

And the Jewish concept of what the Messiah is supposed to be is very different from Christian concepts of what the Messiah is supposed to be... so asking "us" to narrow down vague ramifications of a non-specific concept and how this affects various Jews' views on a wide ranging possibility of Christian beliefs...

It's a bit tough.

You may get a more meaningful answer if you streamline your question a bit.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Different Jewish people have varying levels of exposure to Christian belief and practices. And among Christians, there are many different types of beliefs and practices.

And the Jewish concept of what the Messiah is supposed to be is very different from Christian concepts of what the Messiah is supposed to be... so asking "us" to narrow down vague ramifications of a non-specific concept and how this affects various Jews' views on a wide ranging possibility of Christian beliefs...

It's a bit tough.

You may get a more meaningful answer if you streamline your question a bit.

Agreed. Though when I do ask specifics, I usually don't get involved discussion either.

Poisonshady313

Agreed. Though when I do ask specifics, I usually don't get involved discussion either.

As it stands, given that, as far as I can tell, the defining characteristic of Christianity is its belief in "Yeshua" as the Messiah, the question you ask in the OP of this thread is essentially "What do Jews think of Christianity".

And, in my opinion, Levite answers this question perfectly when he says
Christianity is another religion. It doesn't matter to me what another religion believes, as long as they don't attempt to force us to believe it as well.

If you want a more engaging answer, you need a more engaging question.