• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISO a Jewish person for paper inspiration

hnybs5

I am looking to talk with a Jewish person for information regarding practices and beliefs for a paper I need to write for a religion class I am taking. Must be able to interact and provide a good synopsis of Judaism. This is not to be a debate but rather a discussion of religious differences.

hnybs5

The assignment is to find a person of a different religious tradition than myself and talk to each other about traditions important to each tradition and there are a few key ideas to include in the discussion. I am interested in gaining more knowledge of Judaism and so I am looking to talk to a Jew. Some of the things I am interested in learning about are:

What are some material expressions of Judaism

Does this person experience any conflict b/t stated beliefs of religion and personal beliefs

Challenges facing Judaism in the modern world and is Judaism responding positively to these changes

Is the Jewish tradition focused on belief or behavior or both

Cultural and historical context of Judaism from the person's perspective

Comparing Jewish and Christian opinions of Jesus

I'd also be happy to discuss my religious traditions and beliefs as well as answer any questions.

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member
The assignment is to find a person of a different religious tradition than myself and talk to each other about traditions important to each tradition and there are a few key ideas to include in the discussion. I am interested in gaining more knowledge of Judaism and so I am looking to talk to a Jew. Some of the things I am interested in learning about are:

What are some material expressions of Judaism

Does this person experience any conflict b/t stated beliefs of religion and personal beliefs

Challenges facing Judaism in the modern world and is Judaism responding positively to these changes

Is the Jewish tradition focused on belief or behavior or both

Cultural and historical context of Judaism from the person's perspective

Comparing Jewish and Christian opinions of Jesus
Which sect are you looking for?
Did you want that conversation here or in PM?

hnybs5

No specific sect I guess, it is meant to be a discussion just with someone with different beliefs and traditions than myself. This would mean that anyone will be able to provide me with the things I need for my paper. I am not writing a paper on Judaism, I am writing a paper about talking to a person of a different religious tradition than me, but I am most interested in the Jewish religion so I chose that as a starting point.

I think it would be easier to talk in a PM but either is fine with me.