• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn't Mary Magdalene the founder of Christianity?

David T

Premium Member
It would be interesting to me to see what level of reading comprehension exists in context to the New testament. The text is perfectly clear who the founder of Christianity is. The church starts at Pentecost. Since she is the one who mAde the proclamation "he has risen" She was the only one in the room with the 12 disciples that understood Jesus at all. Which leads to an even more interesting question " if Mary was the founder then what was jesus"?

The text works at this level, It's not an informational scientific text at all yet that's how it's approached. Pope Clement the first articulates it perfectly in 80 ad. Yet by the time we arrive at Nicene creed we are executing non believers as heritics. Total comfused theological intellectual accedemic Nonsense.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
It would be interesting to me to see what level of reading comprehension exists in context to the New testament. The text is perfectly clear who the founder of Christianity is. The church starts at Pentecost. Since she is the one who mAde the proclamation "he has risen" She was the only one in the room with the 12 disciples that understood Jesus at all. Which leads to an even more interesting question " if Mary was the founder then what was jesus"?

The text works at this level, It's not an informational scientific text at all yet that's how it's approached. Pope Clement the first articulates it perfectly in 80 as. Yet by the time we arrive at Nicene creed we are executing non believers as heritics. Total comfused theological intellectual accedemic Nonsense.
Actually, in the Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Catholic Churches, Mary Magdalene and the other women who went to Jesus' body on Sunday morning are known as the "Apostles to the Apostles".

But I'm not sure that has anything to do with your OP. Not that I entirely understand what you're getting at, anyway. Care to elaborate on your points a bit more?

David T

Premium Member
Actually, in the Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Catholic Churches, Mary Magdalene and the other women who went to Jesus' body on Sunday morning are known as the "Apostles to the Apostles".

But I'm not sure that has anything to do with your OP. Not that I entirely understand what you're getting at, anyway. Care to elaborate on your points a bit more?
Now that's interesting and what makes Christianity extra ordinary in global metaphysics. Pope Clement is like the first generation after the founders of the faith. He gives a curious sermon in which he starts with " it has been said their lives a creature in egypt". He starts it off very carefully, not as a scientific statement, but also he treats the creature not as an accedemic simplistic metaphor either, but treats the story as inner personally. The creature is a Phoenix. It's interesting to me why the Phoenix is not a major symbol of the faith but early " scientific empiricism" dictated to the church that since the Phoenix is not empirically true (its not in the new testamemt emperically) It's fiction thus is not "scientific In context to the earliest science,or, modern "scientific empirically true" which started as theology. The text wasn't written as an empirical text because the story was not an empirically lived story.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

No, I'm going with Jesus as the founder of Christianity with many players after that in the very complicated history.

David T

Premium Member

No, I'm going with Jesus as the founder of Christianity with many players after that in the very complicated history.
Well the text is clear there is no Christianity until Pentecost. So he can't be the founder. I might say if you look in the direction of the verse "The least in the kingdom of God is the greatest" you are going to see what I am talking about. Since the text doesn't spell it out neither will I. Merton channeling ST. Therese taught me that.

pearl

I would go with the Church founded 'on' Jesus following the Resurrection and giving of the Spirit, presented at Pentecost. It is questionable whether the historical Jesus,(holy man, prophet, Jew) intended to found another religion or to renew his own. There were as yet no Christians, only the Jews.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
In the Baha'i Writings, Mary Magdalene was the Cause of Christianity continuing on. Here is but one of many, many tributes to her in the Baha'i Writings.

'All were shaken but Mary Magdalen. She was a veritable lioness. She gathered the others together and said, "Why do ye mourn? Did not the Christ foretell his crucifixion? Arise, and be assured. They have killed but the body; the reality can never die, for it is supreme, eternal, the word of God, the son of God. Why, therefore, are ye agitated?" Thus this heroine became the cause of re-establishing the faith of the apostles. - Abdul-Bahá

MJFlores

The text works at this level, It's not an informational scientific text at all yet that's how it's approached. Pope Clement the first articulates it perfectly in 80 ad. Yet by the time we arrive at Nicene creed we are executing non believers as heritics. Total comfused theological intellectual accedemic Nonsense.

That is the gospel according to Dan Brown.
The movie was entertaining Da Vinci Code
Like any other fictional writing - its like chewing gum
When we are done chewing, we spit it out.:p

David T

Premium Member
oh so you are saying angels appeared to her and informed her that Jesus had risen from the dead literally!!! A much less fanciful idea. and she went and reported it to the apostles and then the spirit of god descended upon them magically at pentacost and they all sold their stuff and moved in together!. What part did I miss?

David T

Premium Member
oh so you are saying angels appeared to her and informed her that Jesus had risen from the dead literally!!! A much less fanciful idea. and she went and reported it to the apostles and then the spirit of god descended upon them magically at pentacost and they all sold their stuff and moved in together!. What part did I miss?

David T

Premium Member
oh so you are saying angels appeared to her and informed her that Jesus had risen from the dead literally!!! A much less fanciful idea. and she went and reported it to the apostles and then the spirit of god descended upon them magically at pentacost and they all sold their stuff and moved in together!. What part did I miss in your "real" empirical scientific reading of the text?

David T

Premium Member
oh so you are saying angels appeared to her and informed her that Jesus had risen from the dead literally!!! A much less fanciful idea. and she went and reported it to the apostles and then the spirit of god descended upon them magically at pentacost and they all sold their stuff and moved in together!. What part did I miss in your "real" hyper reductionism empirical scientific reading of the text?

David T

Premium Member
oh so you are saying angels appeared to her and informed her that Jesus had risen from the dead literally!!! A much less fanciful idea. and she went and reported it to the apostles and then the spirit of god descended upon them magically at pentacost and they all sold their stuff and moved in together!. What part did I miss in your "real" hyper reductionism empirical scientific reading of the text? I actually could care less if she was or wasn't my ego isn't harmed either way.

David T

Premium Member
Oh please do tell since the text teaches the church starts at Pentecost. even the 15th century artists alluded to this. you must be evangelical. Which I have to ask, Are Catholics even Christians in your denomination?

Last edited:

MJFlores

so give me your empirical scientific reductive take on the book of acts. I really am all about empirical scientific reductionism in application of the bible. it's so brilliant. We end up with people building arks in Kentucky, with dinosaurs and Jesus on it, claiming scientifically reductively empirically that the earth is 6,000 years old you can have nuanced reductionism but it 's still reductionism. It's interesting not a single person on this post has realized a founder without a foundation is nothing.

The Lord Jesus is the founder of the first century church
He said this to one of his apostles, Peter:

Matthew 16:18 New International Version (NIV)

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

As we know, the Christ was crucified, died and was buried. On the third day God raised him up from the dead. Showed himself to his disciples and to people for 40 days until he was lifted up to heaven to seat on the right hand of God. The apostles preached about Christ first to the Jews and they were persecuted. Saul was one of those who persecuted the 1st century church of Christ until the Lord Jesus showed himself to him and made him his apostle Paul. Paul taught the gospel of Christ to the Gentiles. The apostles died, all of them through violent deaths except apostle John who died around 100 AD.

Then apostasy crept in the 1st century church of Christ.

Among Paul's writings, he described who the founder of the church is:

Ephesians 5:23 New International Version (NIV)

For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

and

Colossians 1:18 New International Version (NIV)

And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Now that is proof of the pudding!
proof of the pudding.jpg

David T

Premium Member
The Lord Jesus is the founder of the first century church
He said this to one of his apostles, Peter:

Matthew 16:18 New International Version (NIV)

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

As we know, the Christ was crucified, died and was buried. On the third day God raised him up from the dead. Showed himself to his disciples and to people for 40 days until he was lifted up to heaven to seat on the right hand of God. The apostles preached about Christ first to the Jews and they were persecuted. Saul was one of those who persecuted the 1st century church of Christ until the Lord Jesus showed himself to him and made him his apostle Paul. Paul taught the gospel of Christ to the Gentiles. The apostles died, all of them through violent deaths except apostle John who died around 100 AD.

Then apostasy crept in the 1st century church of Christ.

Among Paul's writings, he described who the founder of the church is:

Ephesians 5:23 New International Version (NIV)

For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

and

Colossians 1:18 New International Version (NIV)

And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Now that is proof of the pudding!
View attachment 16454
Oh yes the apostasy of it all. They used to execute heritics!! How does a religion form around a heritic that then begins to execute people as heritics? Btw there is no divine copyright on the new testament anymore than there is a scientific copyright on evolution although all atheists insist that there is!!! So are Catholics Christian even?

MJFlores

Oh yes the apostasy of it all. They used to execute heritics!! How does a religion form around a heritic that then begins to execute people as heritics? Btw there is no divine copyright on the new testament anymore than there is a scientific copyright on evolution although all atheists insist that there is!!! So are Catholics Christian even?

Apostasy wasn't done by the 1st century church of Christ. It was done by another church. The 1st century church of Christ did not have armies like the Romans did or the Visogoths. The apostasy came within the church.

Wholesale killings of the early Christians were done by the antichrist church with the aid of the Romans. During the Middle ages these widespread killings of the heretics continued.

Oh by the way, these murders and massacres were done by the church whose members are in the Caucasian race. I'm of the Austronesian race so I ain't white and I don't have a euro on me. So blaming the Inquisition on me is like blaming a Pacific islander on what happened in Europe which is entirely on the other side of the planet.
Austronesian.JPG