• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isnt it wrong to kill someone for Satire in Islam?

RichardGran

Mainly asking due to the whole argument of free speech and the problem that happend in france due to it recently where a guy got killed for showing a picture of Muhammad. I make audiobooks but i stumbled upon this

"
...Whoever satirises the Apostle from amongst you, or praises him and helps it is all the same, And Gabriel, the Messenger of Allah is among us, and the Holy Spirit who has no match.

: Sahih Muslim 2490
https://sunnah.com/muslim/44/225
"

You think there is a agreement that warfare and no warfare has a context here? Just mildly curious?

Mainly asking due to the whole argument of free speech and the problem that happend in france due to it recently where a guy got killed for showing a picture of Muhammad. I make audiobooks but i stumbled upon this

"
...Whoever satirises the Apostle from amongst you, or praises him and helps it is all the same, And Gabriel, the Messenger of Allah is among us, and the Holy Spirit who has no match.

: Sahih Muslim 2490
https://sunnah.com/muslim/44/225
"

You think there is a agreement that warfare and no warfare has a context here? Just mildly curious?

What is your question exactly? Going and murdering someone who draws a picture seems a bit wildly unjust and imbalanced, and the person who reacts like that or performs such an act is likely a violent psychopath / sociopath just trying to find an excuse to kill. They are trash, and nothing in the Qur'an or whatever else seems to advocate their killing cartoonists or irreverent mockers or artists or anything like that. These people also excuse their killing of innocents and civilians by claiming they are warriors and these are enemy combatants, but they are wrong, these were not armed people attacking them or throwing them out of their homes or anything, these were people drawing trashy pictures and being racists or whatever they were doing, and it doesn't warrant being executed outside of the laws of the country as there was no combat scenario involved, and unrepentant murderers are basically expected to burn in hell also, the violent, worthless, scumbags. Execution is a fine response for people who murder innocents / non-combatant civilians outside of reasonable self-defense.