• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamophobia

Shad

Veteran Member
Too superficial. But thanks.

Again your lack of effort is noted. Claiming laws which apply to Muslims must apply to non-Muslim is a political view. The poster was generalized not I. I pointed out such a generalization is Islamist babble as it forces non-Muslims to conform to Muslim law. Try again son. Put some effort in next time such as identifying who made the generalization.... which you would have if you bothered doing what I told you to do. Read the comment chain

firedragon

Veteran Member
Again your lack of effort is noted. Claiming laws which apply to Muslims must apply to non-Muslim is a political view. The poster was generalized not I. I pointed out such a generalization is Islamist babble as it forces non-Muslims to conform to Muslim law. Try again son. Put some effort in next time such as identifying who made the generalization.... which you would have if you bothered doing what I told you to do. Read the comment chain

The comment chain is too superficial.

Anyway, cheers.

Wasp

No you just didn't think about it at all. Claiming laws apply to people that are not Muslim is a political point not a religious one. Try again son.
It is the opposite. It is a religious point, not at all a political one.

Notanumber

A Free Man
No wonder they don’t want us talking about Islam.

We don’t want or need the Muslim Brotherhood or its many proxies defining Islamophobia. If they succeed, then Islam will have a blasphemy law enshrined into the United Kingdoms legal system.

That would be a big win for Islam, and a crushing defeat for democracy and freedom of speech.

sooda

Veteran Member
No wonder they don’t want us talking about Islam.

We don’t want or need the Muslim Brotherhood or its many proxies defining Islamophobia. If they succeed, then Islam will have a blasphemy law enshrined into the United Kingdoms legal system.

That would be a big win for Islam, and a crushing defeat for democracy and freedom of speech.

Muslim Brotherhood wants to purge the world of Western influence.. Think Khashoggi and Osama Bin Laden.

sooda

Veteran Member
Look at any video of Muslims on London's "Speakers Corner" and the way Muslims preach their religion by discrediting other religions. They primarily attack Christianity by attacking the credibility of the "Trinity".
They are experts at debating unprepared people from the streets with their well prepare agendas.
So don't come here as the protector of Islam and try to silence those of us who genuinely question the principles of a religion which was founded on the basis of forced expansion, the conquest of foreign territories, forced conversions, intimidation, and the false claims of "no compulsion in religion".
In reality, there is very little freedom of religion in Islam.
I am not blaming entirely the scriptures (Quran and Hadith) because I'm not an expert in them but I see the results and I assume the scriptures plus cultural factors end up with the known results.
We all know that a Muslim who changes religion is going to be targeted first by his family, then by the society around him and could even end up killed.
Those are facts that affect most Muslims no matter where they live and no matter the type of culture they belong to.
We cannot say it is not Islam's fault and then hide behind some rediculous interpretations that not even the most devoted Muslims quite understand.
At the end, the excuse is "go to a Scholar" if you don't understand it. Hey, no Scholar is going to bring back the daughter that was killed because she ran away from home after being seen talking with a man on the street.
That happens every day in the Islamic world and I don't know who to blame other than Islam.
I blame Islam as a generalization, which means that there is part scriptures and part cultural reasons and I don't know exactly where to draw the line.

LOLOL.. How do you think Christianity was spread?

Your generalizations are silly.

sooda

Veteran Member
Maybe because most of those people are well-trained apologists in their own religions and face each other in very entertainment debates at a very fast pace without the formalities and time-wasting of television shows.
Why do people attend boxing matches or sports events or music concerts, etc?
Because they enjoy them, clear enough to you?

Let me understand, you're saying that it is alright to attack the credibility of "nonsensical" aspects of other people's beliefs?
So I guess you're saying that it is alright if I make fun of Muslims who believe Angel Gabriel was the one who delivered the word of Allah?
We all know that the one who decided that was Kadijah's cousin. How did he know? and why should we believe what he believed?
Ask the Muslims in Egypt who abduct, rape and force convert Coptic Christians.

Well the book doesn't mention anything about "Honor killings" but it is a well-known practice in most of the Islamic world.
Honor killings are done to protect the family honor (very important in the Muslim world) as you seem to imply.
What did I say wrong?
That Islam and Muhammad conquered most of Arabia by the sword?
How many battles did Muhammad fought in 23 years? It's all in the books. Did I misread that part of history?

Coptic Christians cannot ever get a divorce.. so often they convert to Islam, get a divorce and then convert again back to being a Coptic Christian. Its a problem.

Arabia had trade routes with East Africa, Egypt, Mesopotamia, the Levant, Palestine, Yemen and the Indus Valley long before Islam. There was also a lot of intermarriage in addition to commerce. That the biggest factor in the spread of Islam.

sooda

Veteran Member
All the more reason why we should be able to discuss it freely.

Qatar likes the Muslim Brotherhood,.. The Saudis never have.

www.breitbart.com/national-security/2018/11/21/...
Khashoggi’s intellectual interests were shaped in his early 20s when he studied in the United States and was also a passionate member of the Muslim Brotherhood. The brotherhood was a secret underground fraternity that wanted to purge the Arab world of the corruption and autocratic rule it saw as a legacy of Western colonialism.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Qatar likes the Muslim Brotherhood,.. The Saudis never have.

www.breitbart.com/national-security/2018/11/21/...
Khashoggi’s intellectual interests were shaped in his early 20s when he studied in the United States and was also a passionate member of the Muslim Brotherhood. The brotherhood was a secret underground fraternity that wanted to purge the Arab world of the corruption and autocratic rule it saw as a legacy of Western colonialism.

Does any of this have anything to do with Islam or Islamophobia?

One year after Khashoggi killing, activists honour his legacy by continuing to fight for freedom of expression

Saudi Arabia: Reports of torture and sexual harassment of detained activists

Is the fact that Saudi Arabia is Islamic just a coincidence?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Islamophobia
Thank you for sharing this good article

Islamophobia is a hoax

Used by smart muslims to hide reality in Islam. Facts don't lie, Muslim apologists calling me Islamophobe do lie.

I do not even accept this "word" as real.

Similar as "hell/devil concept", both used by evangelizing religions to conquer the world, because they both believe "my way is the only highway for all".

Knowing this, people must be very blind or gullible trusting them. They always have 'this hidden agenda' (only hidden to the blind) seeing you as inferior. That alone is enough to shout out 'stop Islam coming to the West'.

Any group thinking they are superior, "the chosen ones" per definition see the rest as inferior, having no respect for them.

I hear Christians still say "Israel is the chosen country and the people there are God's chosen ones". To bad they still did not learn the lesson of WW2. History seems to need to repeat itself. Karma is a bitsj.

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
Coptic Christians cannot ever get a divorce.. so often they convert to Islam, get a divorce and then convert again back to being a Coptic Christian. Its a problem.
No it’s not, it’s a practical means of attaining divorce in a non-secular society, that you see people converting to and from Islam as the problem and not the lack of secular society as the problem speaks volumes.

sooda

Veteran Member
No it’s not, it’s a practical means of attaining divorce in a non-secular society, that you see people converting to and from Islam as the problem and not the lack of secular society as the problem speaks volumes.

OK.. I am not Egyptian so how should I know?