• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamic Reminders

azim24

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ يَقُولُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ يَا ابْنَ آدَمَ مَرِضْتُ فَلَمْ تَعُدْنِي قَالَ يَا رَبِّ كَيْفَ أَعُودُكَ وَأَنْتَ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ قَالَ أَمَا عَلِمْتَ أَنَّ عَبْدِي فُلَانًا مَرِضَ فَلَمْ تَعُدْهُ أَمَا عَلِمْتَ أَنَّكَ لَوْ عُدْتَهُ لَوَجَدْتَنِي عِنْدَهُ يَا ابْنَ آدَمَ اسْتَطْعَمْتُكَ فَلَمْ تُطْعِمْنِي قَالَ يَا رَبِّ وَكَيْفَ أُطْعِمُكَ وَأَنْتَ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ قَالَ أَمَا عَلِمْتَ أَنَّهُ اسْتَطْعَمَكَ عَبْدِي فُلَانٌ فَلَمْ تُطْعِمْهُ أَمَا عَلِمْتَ أَنَّكَ لَوْ أَطْعَمْتَهُ لَوَجَدْتَ ذَلِكَ عِنْدِي يَا ابْنَ آدَمَ اسْتَسْقَيْتُكَ فَلَمْ تَسْقِنِي قَالَ يَا رَبِّ كَيْفَ أَسْقِيكَ وَأَنْتَ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ قَالَ اسْتَسْقَاكَ عَبْدِي فُلَانٌ فَلَمْ تَسْقِهِ أَمَا إِنَّكَ لَوْ سَقَيْتَهُ وَجَدْتَ ذَلِكَ عِنْدِي

Allah the Exalted will say on the Day of Resurrection: O son of Adam, I was sick but you did not visit me. He will say: O my Lord, how can I visit you when you are the Lord of the worlds? Allah will say: Did you not know that my servant was sick and you did not visit him, and had you visited him you would have found me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food but you did not feed me. He will say: My Lord, how can I feed you when you are the Lord of the worlds? Allah will say: Did you not know that my servant asked you for food but you did not feed him, and had you fed him you would have found me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for drink but you did not provide for me. He will say: My Lord, how can I give you drink when you are the Lord of the worlds? Allah will say: My servant asked you for a drink but you did not provide for him, and had you given it to him you would have found me with him.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2569, Grade: Sahih

azim24

Abu Dharr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, relates from his Lord that Allah said:

يَا عِبَادِي إِنِّي حَرَّمْتُ الظُّلْمَ عَلَى نَفْسِي وَجَعَلْتُهُ بَيْنَكُمْ مُحَرَّمًا فَلَا تَظَالَمُوا

O my servants, I have forbidden oppression for myself and have made it forbidden among you, so do not oppress one another.

يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ ضَالٌّ إِلَّا مَنْ هَدَيْتُهُ فَاسْتَهْدُونِي أَهْدِكُمْ

O my servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance from me and I will guide you.

يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ جَائِعٌ إِلَّا مَنْ أَطْعَمْتُهُ فَاسْتَطْعِمُونِي أُطْعِمْكُمْ

O my servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food from me and I will feed you.

يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ عَارٍ إِلَّا مَنْ كَسَوْتُهُ فَاسْتَكْسُونِي أَكْسُكُمْ

O my servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing from me and I will clothe you.

يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّكُمْ تُخْطِئُونَ بِاللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ وَأَنَا أَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا فَاسْتَغْفِرُونِي أَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ

O my servants, you sin by night and day and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness from me and I will forgive you.

يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّكُمْ لَنْ تَبْلُغُوا ضَرِّي فَتَضُرُّونِي وَلَنْ تَبْلُغُوا نَفْعِي فَتَنْفَعُونِي

O my servants, you will not be able to cause harm to me and you will not be able to cause benefit to me.

يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ كَانُوا عَلَى أَتْقَى قَلْبِ رَجُلٍ وَاحِدٍ مِنْكُمْ مَا زَادَ ذَلِكَ فِي مُلْكِي شَيْئًا

O my servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you, to become as pious as the most pious heart of anyone of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything.

يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ كَانُوا عَلَى أَفْجَرِ قَلْبِ رَجُلٍ وَاحِدٍ مَا نَقَصَ ذَلِكَ مِنْ مُلْكِي شَيْئًا

O my servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you, to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of anyone of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything.

يَا عِبَادِي لَوْ أَنَّ أَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَإِنْسَكُمْ وَجِنَّكُمْ قَامُوا فِي صَعِيدٍ وَاحِدٍ فَسَأَلُونِي فَأَعْطَيْتُ كُلَّ إِنْسَانٍ مَسْأَلَتَهُ مَا نَقَصَ ذَلِكَ مِمَّا عِنْدِي إِلَّا كَمَا يَنْقُصُ الْمِخْيَطُ إِذَا أُدْخِلَ الْبَحْرَ

O my servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you, to rise up in one place and make a request of me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have any more than a needle would decrease the sea if put into it.

يَا عِبَادِي إِنَّمَا هِيَ أَعْمَالُكُمْ أُحْصِيهَا لَكُمْ ثُمَّ أُوَفِّيكُمْ إِيَّاهَا فَمَنْ وَجَدَ خَيْرًا فَلْيَحْمَدْ اللَّهَ وَمَنْ وَجَدَ غَيْرَ ذَلِكَ فَلَا يَلُومَنَّ إِلَّا نَفْسَهُ

O my servants, it is only your deeds that I record for you and then recompense for you, so let him who finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other than that blame no one but himself.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2577, Grade: Sahih

azim24

Adi ibn Hatim reported: I was with the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, and there came to him two men: one of them was complaining of poverty, while the other was complaining of robbery. The Messenger of Allah said:

أَمَّا قَطْعُ السَّبِيلِ فَإِنَّهُ لَا يَأْتِي عَلَيْكَ إِلَّا قَلِيلٌ حَتَّى تَخْرُجَ الْعِيرُ إِلَى مَكَّةَ بِغَيْرِ خَفِيرٍ وَأَمَّا الْعَيْلَةُ فَإِنَّ السَّاعَةَ لَا تَقُومُ حَتَّى يَطُوفَ أَحَدُكُمْ بِصَدَقَتِهِ لَا يَجِدُ مَنْ يَقْبَلُهَا مِنْهُ ثُمَّ لَيَقِفَنَّ أَحَدُكُمْ بَيْنَ يَدَيْ اللَّهِ لَيْسَ بَيْنَهُ وَبَيْنَهُ حِجَابٌ وَلَا تَرْجُمَانٌ يُتَرْجِمُ لَهُ ثُمَّ لَيَقُولَنَّ لَهُ أَلَمْ أُوتِكَ مَالًا فَلَيَقُولَنَّ بَلَى ثُمَّ لَيَقُولَنَّ أَلَمْ أُرْسِلْ إِلَيْكَ رَسُولًا فَلَيَقُولَنَّ بَلَى فَيَنْظُرُ عَنْ يَمِينِهِ فَلَا يَرَى إِلَّا النَّارَ ثُمَّ يَنْظُرُ عَنْ شِمَالِهِ فَلَا يَرَى إِلَّا النَّارَ فَلْيَتَّقِيَنَّ أَحَدُكُمْ النَّارَ وَلَوْ بِشِقِّ تَمْرَةٍ فَإِنْ لَمْ يَجِدْ فَبِكَلِمَةٍ طَيِّبَةٍ

As for the obstruction of the roads, it will not be long until a caravan will travel to Mecca without any guard. As for poverty, the Hour will not be established until one of you goes out looking to give charity but will find no one to accept it. Each one of you will stand in front of Allah without a barrier or interpreter between him and Allah. Allah will ask: Did I not give you wealth? He will say yes. Allah will ask: Did I not send you a messenger? He will say yes. Then he will look to his right and see nothing but Hellfire, and he will look to his left and see nothing but Hellfire. Thus, let one of you protect himself from the Hellfire by giving even half of a date in charity, and if you do not have it then say a kind word.
Source: Sahih Bukhari 1347, Grade: Sahih

azim24

Abu Mas’ud al-Ansari reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

حُوسِبَ رَجُلٌ مِمَّنْ كَانَ قَبْلَكُمْ فَلَمْ يُوجَدْ لَهُ مِنْ الْخَيْرِ شَيْءٌ إِلَّا أَنَّهُ كَانَ يُخَالِطُ النَّاسَ وَكَانَ مُوسِرًا فَكَانَ يَأْمُرُ غِلْمَانَهُ أَنْ يَتَجَاوَزُوا عَنْ الْمُعْسِرِ قَالَ قَالَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ نَحْنُ أَحَقُّ بِذَلِكَ مِنْهُ تَجَاوَزُوا عَنْهُ

A man from the time before you was called to account and nothing good was found with him except that he was easy-going in his business with people and he would order his servants to be lenient with those in difficult circumstances. Allah the Exalted said: We are more worthy of such actions, so pardon his sins.

Source: Sahih Muslim 1561, Grade: Sahih

azim24

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said: Allah Almighty said:

أَنَا أَغْنَى الشُّرَكَاءِ عَنْ الشِّرْكِ مَنْ عَمِلَ عَمَلًا أَشْرَكَ فِيهِ مَعِي غَيْرِي تَرَكْتُهُ وَشِرْكَهُ

Allah the Exalted said: Verily, I am independent and in need of no partner. Whoever performs a deed in which he associates something with me, I will leave him to his partner.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2985, Grade: Sahih

azim24

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

أَيْنَ الْمُتَحَابُّونَ بِجَلَالِي الْيَوْمَ أُظِلُّهُمْ فِي ظِلِّي يَوْمَ لَا ظِلَّ إِلَّا ظِلِّي

Verily, Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection: Where are those who love each other for the sake of my glory? Today, I will shelter them in my shade on a day when there is no shade but mine.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2566, Grade: Sahih

azim24

Aisha reported: Hind bint Utba came to the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, and she said, “O Messenger of Allah, Abu Sufyan is a miser. Is there any harm if I spend something from his wealth on our children?” The Prophet said, “There is no harm if you feed your children with a reasonable amount.”

Source: Sahih Bukhari 2328

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Bukhari

azim24

Abu Barzah reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, among what I fear for you are the seductive temptations in your stomachs and private parts and the misguidance of desires.”

Source: Musnad Aḥmad 19274

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Haythami

azim24

Abu Musa reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, there is no doubt that gold and silver coins destroyed those before you, for they are both causes of your ruin.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Ibn Ḥibbān 700

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

azim24

Muhammad ibn Labeed reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Two things are hated by the son of Adam (in his nature): He hates death although it is better for the believer than tribulation, and he hates to have little wealth although it means his reckoning will be less.

Source: Musnad Aḥmad 23113

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

Abdullah As-Sanabihi, may Allah have mercy on him, said, “The world calls to tribulation and Satan calls to sin. To meet Allah is better than to reside with either of them.”

Source: Ḥilyat al-Awliyā 6755

Sakeenah

"Do not allow your heart to take pleasure with the praises of people, nor be saddened by their condemnation." – Imam Ghazali

Those who look for seashells will find seashells; those who open them will find pearls. – Imam Ghazali

What is destined will teach you, even if be benath two mountains. What is not destined will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips. – Imam Ghazali

In the intricate paths of life when difficulties and hardships confront a man, and the darkness of difficulty and suffering becomes long, it is patience only that acts like a light for a Muslim, that keeps him safe from wandering here and there, and saves him from the muddy marsh of disappointment, desperation and frustration. (Imam Ghazali)

Sakeenah

Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter. It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place. It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place. (Rumi)

Sakeenah

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If anyone travels on a road in search of knowledge, God will cause him to travel on one of the roads of Paradise. The angels will lower their wings in their great pleasure with one who seeks knowledge. The inhabitants of the heavens and the Earth and (even) the fish in the deep waters will ask forgiveness for the learned man. The superiority of the learned over the devout is like that of the moon, on the night when it is full, over the rest of the stars. The learned are the heirs of the Prophets, and the Prophets leave (no monetary inheritance), they leave only knowledge, and he who takes it takes an abundant portion. - Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1631

Sakeenah

When I die,
when my coffin
is being taken out,
you must never think
I am missing this world.

Don't shed any tears,
don't lament or
feel sorry
I'm not falling
into a monster's abyss.

When you see
my corpse is being carried,
don't cry for my leaving
I'm not leaving,
I'm arriving at eternal love.

When you leave me
in the grave,
don't say goodbye.
Remember a grave is
only a curtain
for the paradise behind.

You'll only see me
descending into a grave.
Now watch me rise
how can there be an end
when the sun sets or
the moon goes down.

It looks like the end
it seems like a sunset,
but in reality it is a dawn
when the grave locks you up
that is when your soul is freed.

Have you ever seen
a seed fallen to earth
not rise with a new life?
Why should you doubt the rise
of a seed named human?

Have you ever seen
a bucket lowered into a well
coming back empty?
Why lament for a soul
when it can come back
like Joseph from the well.

When for the last time
you close your mouth,
your words and soul
will belong to the world of
no place no time.

(Rumi)

Sakeenah

Ramadan tips fromwww.productivemuslim.com

Be strict about your bedtime in the evening. Set a bedtime alarm for yourself to remind yourself to go to sleep early so that you wake up rested and refreshed. And remember, your sleep is an ‘ibadah too.
be mindful of your actions and words throughout the day. Remind yourself constantly that you are fasting – do not let it be something that is done just ‘by the way’. Remember that our fasting is more than just staying away from food and drink.

the prophet phub said: Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of (i.e. will not accept) his leaving his food and drink.”

2. Learn the words. When you stand for your fardh salah, it has little impact when you don’t know what you're saying.
Start small and study the meanings of the various phrases said in salah as you transition from one position to another; study the meaning of Al-Fatiha if you don’t know it already if you do try reflecting on the meaning.
As for taraweeh, it’s not likely that one is able to learn the meaning of the words to all the chapters before the month is through. Instead, find out from your masjid how many parts of the Qur’an they will be reciting each night, then prepare these ahead of time by reading up on their translations and perhaps contextual information as well. That way, when you’re standing in salah, with the best intentions to be conscious, your mind won’t wander to what you’ve just had for supper – or what you hadn’t managed to scoff down before ‘Isha salah and can’t wait to get home to devour. You’ll be standing in salah, consciously listening to the imam’s recitation, pondering the meanings of the verses, the context in which it was revealed.

4.You will stumble. You might fall. But the absolute most important thing is that you never stop trying, you never stop reaching. If you slip up one day and feel like your fast has been empty, void of all consciousness of what you were doing and why, don’t use that as the go-ahead for the rest of your month to follow in that way. Use it as a turning point and a reminder of what you should be working for.

Feed yourself inspiration and motivation by reading Ramadan articles or watching videos on how-to, and how-not-to, that are in abundance on the Web.

5.Do only as much as you can handle. Don’t become overzealous, planning to do everything that gets reward during this month. Hours of lengthy Qur’an recitation cease to be meaningful when you’re reciting just to get through them but your heart is not connected. Rather take a break; do something else that will make you feel connected to Allah and that you can do with purpose.
Know yourself. Know what your daily routine is like with work, family, and other commitments; and know what you can eliminate from your day to make more room for the kinds of things that will better connect you with Allah. Setting realistic goals for yourself according to your specific circumstances and abilities will help you to remain focused and conscious of what you’re doing.
Have a checklist of your realistic goals set for each day and for the month, and keep track of your progress as you move along.

6. Remember the reward. Our hunger means nothing when it is mindless and unconscious of Allah. To help keep us focused we need to remind ourselves of our reward with Allah.
Also be sure to find some quiet moments during your day to think on all the blessings you receive throughout the year, those we tend to take for granted.

Sakeenah

1. "There is a polish for everything that takes away rust; and the polish for the heart is the remembrance of Allah." (Hadith Bukhari)

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Surah 6:162

"Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)."

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
"O child of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O child of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you.

O child of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins as great as the earth, and were you then to face Me ascribing no partners to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it."

Allah Wants to Forgive You

Dantedeven

Use Google translate to English.

Getuigenis Dante Deven (Daniël), "Enduring God's Word"

Het zijt zo dat ik op dezen woorden terugkijk. De woorden van Mohammed geschreven in de Quran. De versen uit de Quran geplaatst door Ms X die mij weer raken. Ja, ik lees deze woorden en ik zie de waarheid van mijn naam nogmaals zie. Dante Deven oftewel: God's woord weerstaan. En neen, dat is niet letterlijk bedoeld. Integendeel, bestand zijn jegens het woord Gods. Want inderdaad. God test de mensen, through His Word. En neen, niet om de mens te vernietigen. Want vernietiging komt voorts uit de hands mense.

En ik zweer u, tot mij kwam het gevogelte des hemels. Het was een spreeuw, en tot mij sprak deze vogel: "Ik ben uw vriend." En hierna sprak deze vogel: "Ik kom naar je toe." En in ongeloof zag ik de vogel dichterbij komen. Zo dichtbij is een wilde vogel nog nooit bij mij gekomen. Deze vogel stond letterlijk vlak voor mij. En hij sprak tot mij: "Hoort het woord en herken het woord, maakt u niet druk. Want ik ben hier en alles komt goed." En mijn mond was open van ongeloof.

En terwijl deze dingen gebeurden voor mijn ogen, geloof ik het nog steeds niet. Maar wellicht had Mohammed gelijk. En is dit mijn beloning voor al die keren dat ik het gevogelte mijn brood gaf. Want door de dag heen bleef dezen vogel aan mijn zijde alsof het getemd was. Saying: "Do not worry, i am with you. And you are blessed."