• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamic Reminders

Sakeenah

"As much as you can ,keep
dunya (worldly life) in your hand--not in your heart. That means when someone insults you, keep it out of your heart so it doesn't make you bitter or defensive. When someone praises you, also keep it out of your heart, so it doesn't make you arrogant and self-deluded. When you face hardship and stress, don't absorb it in your heart, so you don't become hopeless and overwhelmed. Instead keep it in your hands and realize that everything passes. When you're given a gift by God, don't hold it in your heart. Hold it in your hand so that you don't begin to love the gift more than the giver. And so that when it is taken away you can truly respond with 'inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon': 'indeed we belong to God, and to God we return'.
Yasmin Mogahed

azim24

It was narrated from Asma' bint Abi Bakr that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said to her: "Do not count what you give, otherwise Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, will count what He gives to you." (Sunan an-Nasa'I)

azim24

Once, Aisha was with the Prophet (salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam) and he was sick with a high fever, in great pain. Aisha remarked at how painful and difficult this was, even for her to watch. The Prophet (salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam) remarked, "O Aisha! Do you not know that Allah makes matters difficult for the believer so that all of his sins may be forgiven?" [Ibn Sa'd; authentic] So remember that when life gets tough, the reward for being patient is immense. Always remember the purpose of such tests: to raise our ranks and forgive our sins. And know that the trials of this world are infinitely easier than the trials of the next, and the joys of the next world are infinitely better than the joys of this world.

azim24

Then, there was a baby whose mother was suckling him when a person dressed in a fine garment came riding on a priceless animal. His mother said, 'O Allaah, make my child like this one.' He (the baby) left his mother?s breast, looked at the rider and said, 'O Allaah, Do not make me like him.' He then returned to the breast and resumed sucking.» He (i.e. Abu Hurairah) said, 'It is as though I can see the Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessing be upon him, illustrating the scene of his sucking milk with his forefinger in his mouth and sucking that. The Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him, continued: «It so happened that a slave girl passed by them who was being beaten and the people behind her were saying, 'You committed fornication and theft.' She was saying, 'Sufficient for me is Allaah, and [He is] the best Disposer of affairs', and his mother said, 'O Allaah, Do not make my child like her.' He left the breast, looked at her, and said, 'O Allaah! make me like her.' This was followed by a conversation between the mother and child. She said, 'A good-looking man happened to pass by, and I said: O Allaah, make my child like him, and you said: O Allaah, do not make me like him, and there passed a girl and the people were beating her, and saying: You committed fornication and theft, and I said: O Allaah, do not make my child like her, and you said: O Allaah, make me like her.' The infant said, 'That man was a tyrant, and I said: O Allaah, do not make me like him; and they were saying about the girl: 'You committed fornication', whereas in fact, she had not committed that and they were saying: 'You have committed theft, whereas she had not committed theft', so I said: O Allaah, make me like her» (1).

azim24

Rasulullah said: "The woman who prays her 5 prayers, fasts in the month of Ramadhan, protects her chastity and is obedient to her husband; such a woman will enter into Jannah from any of the doors she wishes to enter from."
In other words if she fulfils the basic Islamic duties upon her then without great exertion in ibadah and worship she will attain lofty stages.

azim24

Rasulullah said: "The evil of an evil woman surpasses the evil of a thousand wicked men and the virtue of a virtuous woman surpasses the worship of seventy Awliya (pious servants of Allah)".

azim24

Amr ibn Awf reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “By Allah, it is not poverty I fear for you, but rather I fear you will be given the wealth of the world just as it was given to those before you. You will compete for it just as they competed for it and it will destroy you just as it destroyed them.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 2988, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2961

azim24

Narrated Abu Umamah (R.A): The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarrelling even if he were in the right, a house in the middle of Paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he were joking, and a house in the upper part of Paradise for a man who made his character good. (Sunan Abi Dawud, Book 43, Hadith 28)

azim24

You can only warn one who follows the message and fears the Most Merciful unseen. So give him good tidings of forgiveness and noble reward. (Surah Yaseen, 36:11)

azim24

Narrated Abu Musa: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "A believer to another believer is like a building whose different parts enforce each other." The Prophet (peace be upon him) then clasped his hands with the fingers interlaced (while saying that). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 3, Book 46, Hadith 7)

azim24

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "The earth has been made for me a place of worship and a means of purification." (Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 610)

Sakeenah

Prophet Muhammad
saw.png
said: “There is no Muslim who plants a tree or sows a field for a human, bird, or animal eats from it, but it shall be reckoned as charity from him.” [Bukhari, Muslim]

azim24

Imam as-Sadiq (peace be upon him) relates that once a person approached the Noble Prophet (peace be upon him and his family) and asked: “O’ Prophet of Allah! Towards whom should I exhibit goodness and kindness?” The Noble Prophet replied: “Towards your mother.” The man then asked: “And after that towards whom?” The Noble Prophet again said: “Your Mother.” He asked again: “And then?” Once again, he replied: “Your mother.” For the fourth time the man asked: “And then?” This time he said: “(Then towards) Your father.”

Biharul Anwar, Volume 74, Page 49

azim24

Imam as-Sadiq (peace be upon him) has said: “Goodness towards the parents is an indication of a person’s excellent cognizance of Allah. This is because there is no worship that can take a person towards the happiness of Allah faster than exhibiting respect towards his Muslim parents for the sake of Allah.”

Biharul Anwar, Volume 74, pg.77

azim24

The Commander of the Faithful (peace be upon him) has said: “Goodness towards (one’s) parents is the greatest obligatory act.”

Mizanul Hikmah, Volume 10, Page 709

azim24

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said, “The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but he remains patient till Allah removes his difficulties.) And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till Allah cuts (breaks) it down when He wishes.”
Sahih Al-Bukhari – Book 70 Hadith 547

azim24

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

قَالَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ الْكِبْرِيَاءُ رِدَائِي وَالْعَظَمَةُ إِزَارِي فَمَنْ نَازَعَنِي وَاحِدًا مِنْهُمَا قَذَفْتُهُ فِي النَّارِ

Allah the Almighty said: Pride is my cloak and greatness is my garment, so whoever competes with me regarding these two will be thrown into the Hellfire.

Source: Sunan Abu Dawud 4090, Grade: Sahih