• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamic Reminders

Sakeenah

Jesus (peace and blessings be upon him) said :

"Do not like lords, look upon the faults of others.Rather like servants look after your own faults.
In truth, humanity is comprised of two types of people;
the afflicted and the sound.So show mercy to the afflicted. And praise God for well being. "

( As recorded in the muwatta of Imam Malik 179/759)

Sakeenah

Everything that we do has a spiritual essence. There is a spiritual dimension in everything. All of life has meaning and everything that you do in life is in preparation for your great meeting. This great meeting is the meeting with your Lord, which is absolutely inevatible.

(Hamza Yusuf)

Sakeenah

" Perhaps ,a sin that humbles you is better than a good deed that makes you arrogant."

(Hamza Yusuf)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Your Welcome SF :)
God bless you. It gives me edification. There is great beauty in Islam. :)

Now I will politely bow out of the thread. I shouldn't be here in the first place, but I just wanted you to know that it brings positivity to me, even if I don't share all of your beliefs. Salam.

Sakeenah

" When God granted Yusuf(Joseph) physical beauty it caused him to be locked up in the prison ; but when God granted him knowledge (when he interpreted the dream of the king) it not only took him out of prison, but elevated his rank in society,clearly showing us the virtue of knowledge and that physical beauty does not mean anything. "

(Ibn Qayyim al jauwzee)

Sakeenah

God bless you. It gives me edification. There is great beauty in Islam. :)

Now I will politely bow out of the thread. I shouldn't be here in the first place, but I just wanted you to know that it brings positivity to me, even if I don't share all of your beliefs. Salam.

Salaam SF,

I really appreciate your comment :)
I started this thread as reminder and positivity for myself but also others muslims and non muslims.

So I don't see a problem with you reading these quotes or commenting

May God fill your life with tranquility and happiness

Rajina

“What actions are most excellent?
To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured.”
-Prophet Muhammad (s)

Sakeenah

" I have spent a lot of my life trying to reconcile between hardship and ease.
On the one hand, we are told again and again that the straight path is not easy
And requires struggle and sacrifice.
But on the other hand, as humans we always desire ease. What I have come to realize is that the path will always have challenges,tests and trials.
There will be hardships and there will be storms.But if Allah wills you can be given ease within the hardship.
The one who finds refuge in Allah,remains dry even during the most powerful storm. Outside, it may be raining, but inside the refuge of Allah, it's dry. Outside ,it may be storming, but inside yourself there is calm.
Even the flames of your life can be made 'bardan wa salaama' (coolness and safety) , as they were on Ibrahim(Abraham) . So my focus was wrong. I was trying to create a jennah (Paradise), a perfect, storm-free,fireless world, outside. But this doesn't exist in dunya(world). I needed to shift the focus. Jennah a calm, peaceful world can exist inside. Your sanctuary is inside yourself. No one can take that sactuary away from you.
No storm can affect it. No rain can reach it. Work on building that jennah.
Work on entering that Jennah.
And you will have Jennah in this life and the next."
(Yasmin Mogahed)

Sakeenah

" Worship none but Allah, and be dutiful and good to parents,and to kindred,and to orphans and the poor,and speak good to people,and establish prayer and give zakat(alms)."

Quran 2:83

Sakeenah

The prophet phub said: Whoever relieves a muslim of distress, Allah will relieve him of distress on the day of resurrection "

Bukhari/2442 and Muslim/2580

Sakeenah

" Dhikr(Remembrance of God) is to the heart as water is to a fish; see what happens to a fish when it's taken out of water."

Ibn Taymiyyah

Sakeenah

" When we have lack of respect for another person we should remind ourselves that Allah honored all children of Adam."

Nouman ali khan

Sakeenah

" Women are not a garment you wear and undress however you like.They are honoured and have their rights."

A saying by the companion of the prophet muhammad and second khalif Umar Ibn al khattab

Last edited:

Sakeenah

" In the matter of justice, all should be equal in your eyes."

The companion of the prophet muhammad and first khalif of Islam Abu bakr