• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamic position on the Bible and Quran.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe it does not say the Bible is corrupted.

I believe that view comes from misinterpreting the Qu'ran.

I do believe the Qu'ran is the word of God but not that it is more important than the Bible. It may be the last written scripture from God but God is still saying things.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'm not trying to derail the thread.
I'm merely pointing out what it looks like from where I'm sitting.
The culture seems harsh and competitive.

Your offer to the OP is that "the problem is that the Quran was never revealed by God, but was a concoction by a man who pretended to be a prophet."

..so where do you want to go from there?
What is there to discuss?

I believe you have to hold his feet to the fire. He is making claims that he can't back up.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Does the Quran say the Bible was "Corrupted"

The Quran speaks highly of the Torah and Gospel and I’m not aware of any passage that refers specifically to the Christian Bible let alone it being corrupted. However some Muslims certainly believe the Christian Bible is corrupted and may even use the Quran to justify their position. I would view the Tanakh, New Testament and Quran as being inspired by the same God. Our main difference is in regards Muhammad. I view Him as being a Prophet of equal standing to Jesus and Moses and the Holy Quran as the authenticated Word of God.

SA Huguenot

Also both the Bible the Old and New Testament make references to Muhammad but Christians do not understand so slander Muhammad. The Bible predicts many future events and one of them was the appearance of Muhammad.
Where does the Bible make reference to Muhammad?

SA Huguenot

The Quran speaks highly of the Torah and Gospel and I’m not aware of any passage that refers specifically to the Christian Bible let alone it being corrupted. However some Muslims certainly believe the Christian Bible is corrupted and may even use the Quran to justify their position. I would view the Tanakh, New Testament and Quran as being inspired by the same God. Our main difference is in regards Muhammad. I view Him as being a Prophet of equal standing to Jesus and Moses and the Holy Quran as the authenticated Word of God.
Exactly.
The Quran says the Torah, Injill (Gospel) and Zabur (Psalms) are all revelations from Allah, and it is very clear that NONE OF ALLAH'S REVELATIONS CAN BE ALTERED AND CORRUPTED.
Therefore, any Muslim making such a claim, will receive the wrath of Allah, for they are blaspheming against Allah!

But then, I do believe in the Quran as a revelation from Allah through Muhammad, but I DO NOT BELIEVE ALLAH IS YHWH!

For one simple piece of evidence.
The Bible is very clear, Jesus died on the cross, and was ressurected from the dead.
the quran proves itself in contradiction with the history of Jesus in Sura 4: aya 157 when it says Jesus did not die on the cross, but Allah made some sort of hallographic display.

to me, this is the nail in the coffin of the Quran.
It acknowledge that the followers of Jesus saw him dying on the cross, but makes it out as some sort of trickery by Allah's own admission 600 years after the event.

muhammad_isa

It acknowledge that the followers of Jesus saw him dying on the cross, but makes it out as some sort of trickery by Allah's own admission 600 years after the event.
No trickery..
G-d tells us in the Qur'an that it seemed as if Jesus died on the cross.
i.e. it implies that it is a mistaken belief .. not trickery

Futhermore, G-d reinforces the notion of Him being One, and that He is not a man [and consequently part of His creation].

There can be several reasons why most people thought that he actually died on the cross. It doesn't mean that it was purposely construed by G-d.
Of course, Jesus could have died on the cross and rose again .. that is easy for G-d .. but G-d says that He didn't.

Of course, you would like to think that he did. Your whole creed depends on it.
The Islamic creed is identical to the Jewish creed, which Jesus was a part of.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Where does the Bible make reference to Muhammad?

Revelation Chapters 11 and 12.

“Biblical References to Muhammad and Ali

“References in the Bible to ‘Mt. Paran’ and ‘Paraclete’ refer to Muhammad’s Revelation: Deuteronomy 33:2, Genesis 21:21, Numbers
“12:16, Numbers 13:3. Genesis 17:20 refers to the twelve Imams and in the Revelation of St. John, chapter 11, where it mentions two witnesses, it refers to Muhammad and Ali.”

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Exactly.
The Quran says the Torah, Injill (Gospel) and Zabur (Psalms) are all revelations from Allah, and it is very clear that NONE OF ALLAH'S REVELATIONS CAN BE ALTERED AND CORRUPTED.
Therefore, any Muslim making such a claim, will receive the wrath of Allah, for they are blaspheming against Allah!

But then, I do believe in the Quran as a revelation from Allah through Muhammad, but I DO NOT BELIEVE ALLAH IS YHWH!

For one simple piece of evidence.
The Bible is very clear, Jesus died on the cross, and was ressurected from the dead.
the quran proves itself in contradiction with the history of Jesus in Sura 4: aya 157 when it says Jesus did not die on the cross, but Allah made some sort of hallographic display.

“The crucifixion as recounted in the New Testament is correct. The meaning of the Qur’anic version is that the spirit of Christ was not crucified. There is no conflict between the two.”

Shoghi Effendi

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
No trickery..
G-d tells us in the Qur'an that it seemed as if Jesus died on the cross.
i.e. it implies that it is a mistaken belief .. not trickery

Futhermore, G-d reinforces the notion of Him being One, and that He is not a man [and consequently part of His creation].

There can be several reasons why most people thought that he actually died on the cross. It doesn't mean that it was purposely construed by G-d.
Of course, Jesus could have died on the cross and rose again .. that is easy for G-d .. but G-d says that He didn't.

Of course, you would like to think that he did. Your whole creed depends on it.
The Islamic creed is identical to the Jewish creed, which Jesus was a part of.

“The crucifixion as recounted in the New Testament is correct. The meaning of the Qur’anic version is that the spirit of Christ was not crucified. There is no conflict between the two.” Shoghi Effendi