• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamic Jihad

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I don't care so much about what folks did years ago - I care mostly about what people do these days. And Christians and Muslims do a lot of things in the name of their religions, that we'd be better off if they stopped doing.

All humans do. Its human nature. Take away religion. People will still kill each other over land/money/natural resources/power. This is the #1 driving factor for bloodshed in human history.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Most religious conflicts and wars throughout world history stems from Abrahamic religion almost exclusively.

There's no question Abrahamics overall revolve around submission and subjection to doctrine. Things that fit well whenever describing cults for which the violence is not out of the question.

There's no doubt Islamic sects leads the charge in violent behavior followed close by Christians with Judaism trailing last as it stands today.

You've forgotten Attila the Hun and the Buddhist warlords Kubla Khan and Genguis Khan.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In the eleventh century, the Seljuk Turks conquered Asia Minor (modern Turkey), which had been Christian since the time of St. Paul. The old Roman Empire, known to modern historians as the Byzantine Empire, was reduced to little more than Greece. In desperation, the emperor in Constantinople sent word to the Christians of western [sic] Europe asking them to aid their brothers and sisters in the East.

[The Crusades] were not the brainchild of an ambitious pope or rapacious knights but a response to more than four centuries of conquests in which Muslims had already captured two-thirds of the old Christian world. At some point, Christianity as a faith and a culture had to defend itself or be subsumed by Islam. The Crusades were that defense.
The Crusades: When Christendom Pushed Back
Yes, the Muslims were warlike, just as the Christians were warlike. Yes, they conquered lands of the Byzantine empire, and captured Jerusalem.

It seems proper to mention that the first crusade was that led by Peter the Hermit. Its avowed aim was to retake the Holy Lands. The Muslim Turks cut it to pieces at the Battle of Civetot 1096. From their point of view the invader was repelled.

The First Crusade (with capital letters) is these days the one after that, arranged by Pope Urban II, who wished to assist the Byzantine Christians, previously the rulers of the Holy Lands. This crusade was much better organized and was successful. The Christian massacre of the population of Jerusalem was remarkable for its savagery in an era when savagery was taken for granted.

However, the Crusaders, mostly what we'd call French, had no intention of giving their conquest back to its former owners in Byzantium. They ruled it instead for their own Roman Christianity and their own profit.

Ellen Brown

You've forgotten Attila the Hun and the Buddhist warlords Kubla Khan and Genguis Khan.

I did not mention them. Perhaps they are no longer part of the picture if one ignores the genetics that those cultures contributed? It is profoundly sad to me to begin to understand that all of human history is centered on the predation each dominant culture. I wonder who will be attacking who next?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Ok, if not jihad, what better word for the Holy Wars waged by early Islam? Some call it the Islamic crusades.
In era of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) was defend,after his death some wars happened not suppose to be done.
Most of extention of Islam via peacefull invitations. in Asia or North Africa. not all but most.

InvestigateTruth

Ok, if not jihad, what better word for the Holy Wars waged by early Islam? Some call it the Islamic crusades.
Jihad means to make an effort in the path of God. Holy war is a form of making effort in the Path of God, and in this case it means defending when the Religion of God is being attacked. Meaning if a people raised by force to stop or make the Religion to vanish, to fight against them.
Terrorism today is no way a true Jihad, even they may call it Jihad. (I only explained what I understand Jihad is in Islam, and not because I believe in holy war in our time)

Notanumber

A Free Man
Did Muhammad not say, “I have been made victorious through terror”?

Was he not practicing Jihad and are true believers not supposed to emulate him to this day?

Audie

Veteran Member
Jihad in Islam means defend.
end of question :)

In media, that's other issue, it's means evangelization by force.

Defend, yes, defend. Every country has a defense depattment,
yes, armies are for defense, nobody would go out and
start a war.

Audie

Veteran Member
Jihad means to make an effort in the path of God. Holy war is a form of making effort in the Path of God, and in this case it means defending when the Religion of God is being attacked. Meaning if a people raised by force to stop or make the Religion to vanish, to fight against them.
Terrorism today is no way a true Jihad, even they may call it Jihad. (I only explained what I understand Jihad is in Islam, and not because I believe in holy war in our time)

The way all the goddies talk about how
the others dont have the true faith kinda
hints at a inconvient fact-none of you
guys have "true" this or that or any other.

Ever think derp enough to invedtigate that
ttuth?

Shad

Veteran Member
The West has enjoyed a relatively short Golden Age but that will end if Islam becomes the dominant force.

More likely are the rise of India and (continued) China which will shift more manufacturing away from the West. Beside during this so-called Golden Age we had nation-states chemically castrating gays, citizens lynching people due to race, race riots, segregation, etc, etc it didn't even phase the West as far as I can see. The Oil embargo during Carter did more in short time then citizens killing fellow citizens for nonsensical reasons over decades.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Christians in the eleventh century were not paranoid fanatics. Muslims really were gunning for them. While Muslims can be peaceful, Islam was born in war and grew the same way. From the time of Mohammed, the means of Muslim expansion was always the sword. Muslim thought divides the world into two spheres, the Abode of Islam and the Abode of War.... In the eleventh century, the Seljuk Turks conquered Asia Minor (modern Turkey), which had been Christian since the time of St. Paul. The old Roman Empire, known to modern historians as the Byzantine Empire, was reduced to little more than Greece. In desperation, the emperor in Constantinople sent word to the Christians of western [sic] Europe asking them to aid their brothers and sisters in the East.

[The Crusades] were not the brainchild of an ambitious pope or rapacious knights but a response to more than four centuries of conquests in which Muslims had already captured two-thirds of the old Christian world. At some point, Christianity as a faith and a culture had to defend itself or be subsumed by Islam. The Crusades were that defense.
The Crusades: When Christendom Pushed Back

So, if not for the Islamic jihad, Islamic imperialism would there have been a Crusade?

There was atrocities committed by both sides. War is war and it is far from humane. I'm not in defense of Christianity or saying the Christians were on the right side of this war, more to point out our history is one of religious war. It doesn't matter what the scripture say. What matters is that religion has provided man with the motivation to expand their control of others, in the "name of God".

I'm also not saying this is the Christianity or Islam of today, however I am saying it is a good thing it is not.

Firstly, had the Quran and Bible been obeyed by Christians and Muslims there would not have been any crusades.

It does matter very much what the scriptures say because the scriptures ARE the religion and all else man made political adventurism.

The Quran and Gospels forbids aggressive warfare and Indiscriminate killing of innocents as well as oppression and forcing a person to change one’s religion.

If you consult historians you will find that many accepted Islam because it was a better way of life not because it was forced on them. While Christianity was in the dark ages full of corruption and even killing of those unwilling to back the church, such as heresy, Baghdad flourished as the centre of knowledge and education.

The fact the Umayyads and Abbasids disregarded the laws of the Quran and fabricated Hadiths to justify their political ambitions doesn’t reflect on Muhammad or the religion of God which teaches, love, forgiveness, to return good for evil and peace.

If Jesus says to love one another and Christians murder and kill, it is not Jesus fault as He has taught them only love. It is man who DISOBEYS God and the scriptures which is to blame not the religion because no religion teaches to kill or harm but to do good and shun evil. The blame lies solely with disregard of and disobedience of the scriptures which caused these wars and bloodshed.

Had Muslims obeyed the Quran not to commit murder and the Christians too, thou shalt not kill then how could these wars have come about?

Obedience to both the Quran and the Bible would have seen no invasions and no crusades and no bloodshed. To blame religion is getting tiresome to read when people don’t take the time to read what the scriptures actually say.

Both the Bible and the Quran teach to love, be peaceful and exchange good for evil. And I can give you the verses proving that only self defense is permitted in Islam nothing else.

“It is altogether a misconception that the Arabian progress was due to the sword alone

“They saw that the clergy had abandoned the guidance of the individual life of their flocks; that personal virtue or vice were no longer considered; that sin was not measured by evil works but by the degrees of heresy. They saw that the ecclesiastical chiefs of Rome, Constantinople, and Alexandria were engaged in a desperate struggle for supremacy, carrying out their purposes by weapons and in ways revolting to the conscience of man. What an example when bishops were concerned in assassinations, poisonings, adulteries, blindings, riots, Civil weakness produced by ecclesiastical demoralization”

“When, therefore, in the midst of the wrangling of sects”

“Is it surprising that all Asia and Africa fell away? (To Islam)

Excerpt from
History of the Intellectual Development of Europe, Volume I (of 2) / Revised Edition
John William Draper

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I don't care so much about what folks did years ago - I care mostly about what people do these days. And Christians and Muslims do a lot of things in the name of their religions, that we'd be better off if they stopped doing.

There are billions combined population of Christians and Muslims. Apart from some isolated events reported in the media I see only peace and goodwill.

Also, the scriptures of both religions teach only peace and love and it is disobedience to these Holy Books that causes problems.

Ellen Brown

In era of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) was defend,after his death some wars happened not suppose to be done.
Most of extention of Islam via peacefull invitations. in Asia or North Africa. not all but most.

In my study of history and religion I am amazed that westerners are fond of portraying Muhammad PBUH as warmonger, often telling huge exaggerations about him. After, his passing I am told, I was not there, that the early Muslims attacked the Byzantines, and later the Persians.

These days I am amazed that in Morocco, and Iran the people are very friendly and hospitable, or are said to be. Here in America, most Muslims separate themselves and often do not even speak to non-Muslims. I do not understand this.

Audie

Veteran Member
There are billions combined population of Christians and Muslims. Apart from some isolated events reported in the media I see only peace and goodwill.

Also, the scriptures of both religions teach only peace and love and it is disobedience to these Holy Books that causes problems.

B freakin' S!

If I had not read your "holy" bible I might believe
that. But I did read it. Including numbers 31 18

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

Off the top of my head:

- Many millions of Christians pursue:
- defeating a woman's right to have control of her own body
- restricting women's right to education
- teaching ID in schools
- denying climate change
- corporal punishment for kids
- supporting pedophilic clergy
- incursions on secular states

- Many millions of Muslims pursue:
- FGM
- general misogyny, homophobia, and anti-semitism
- restricting women's rights, including the right to education
- restricting knowledge that cannot be made to agree with Islamic scripture
- incursions on secular states
- promotion of theocracy
- denial of religious freedoms for non-Muslims

Not a lot of goodwill to be found in those activities

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
In my study of history and religion I am amazed that westerners are fond of portraying Muhammad PBUH as warmonger, often telling huge exaggerations about him. After, his passing I am told, I was not there, that the early Muslims attacked the Byzantines, and later the Persians.

These days I am amazed that in Morocco, and Iran the people are very friendly and hospitable, or are said to be. Here in America, most Muslims separate themselves and often do not even speak to non-Muslims. I do not understand this.

These neagative things are said out of ignorance.