• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamic Ad by Mail

Wandering Monk

To be honest? I don't mind evangelism on a personal level, haha. I find these little mailers fascinating. If people want to chat with me at my door and I have time, I'll do it. As long as they're not rude or something, I think it's interesting to hear what people have to say and have an exchange of ideas. Or with little flyers like these, I think it's interesting to see what they say from a PR and marketing perspective.

I know other people find this stuff annoying. I'm an odd duck that way, I suppose haha.

Conversions are a form of affirmation that you are part of the right religion. "Look at all the converts! This MUST be the true faith!" This is one reason why religious groups are so fearful of apostates. If people LEAVE the faith, maybe it isn't the true faith after all. Of course they assauge those fears by playing the old No True Scotsman card.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Conversions are a form of affirmation that you are part of the right religion. "Look at all the converts! This MUST be the true faith!" This is one reason why religious groups are so fearful of apostates. If people LEAVE the faith, maybe it isn't the true faith after all. Of course they assauge those fears by playing the old No True Scotsman card.

Didnt you just play the same no true scotsman card?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I had a hand-written note from a local JW telling me how sad it was that they couldn't come around in person to annoy me - not the last bit obviously - but they did give name and address and an internet site where I could obtain all necessary to save me. I'm not sure they would have a spare month if it was the personal touch. :D

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Wonder if I should start doing this with Noachide stuff.............