• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamaphobia - Years later, I accept its a real/true phenomena and an industry

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Let’s say parents try to convert their children.

In my experience, parents don't "convert" their children as that would imply them waiting till they are old and informed enough to make up their own mind about such issues, which really is only the case from 16 onwards at best.

This usually does not happen. Instead, children are spoonfed a religion, being indoctrinated in religion, from birth onwards. Looooong before any proper reasoning skills, or even only basic cognitive abilities, develop.

But anyhow...................

what’s the difference between the struggling, trying, and working to convert them?

Funny how you backtrack on your own words. Now, you're adding an additional invalid layer as well... You're taking a specific context in order to pretend as if your general statement applies universally.

And no, to "struggle, "trying" and "working towards" do not mean the same thing.
I work towards meeting my deadline of my software development job, but I'm not struggling to meet it.

These things do no mean the same thing.
And depending on context, they can mean very very different things on their own also.

you wanna make it struggle, that’s fine. Doesn’t change the meaning.

In your opinion. Not in other muslim's opinion. But apparantly you feel like you can dismiss those opinions with but a handwave and a declaration that your opinion is correct.

I think you’re struggling to demonize Islam.

I'm not at all demonizing islam, nore am I trying to.

That's just you and the rather common and ordinary idea that any comment about muslims, islam or anything connected to muslims and islam, is an attempt to "demonize" it if the thing being said isn't praising it into the sky.

The fact of the matter is that millions of muslims support the "struggle" of al-qaida and Isis and alike. That millions of muslim would like to see brutal shariah implemented. That millions of muslims think suicide boming of public markets etc are justified.

It's also a fact that many more muslims don't support any such thing.
These are statistical facts. Stating these facts isn't an attempt at "demonizing" islam, nore is stating the fact that the majority doesn't support such radicalism an attempt to praise it into glory.

It's just stating facts. It's okay to state facts.

If you wish to take offense at the facts, then your (emotional) problems are with reality - not with me or my intentions.

So you are doing jihad. Or let’s say you are trying. Both are the same. Depends on what you are “trying” to do.

This smells like an admission that "jihad" can mean just about anything. Including "holy war".

firedragon

Veteran Member
In my experience, parents don't "convert" their children as that would imply them waiting till they are old and informed enough to make up their own mind about such issues, which really is only the case from 16 onwards at best.

This usually does not happen. Instead, children are spoonfed a religion, being indoctrinated in religion, from birth onwards. Looooong before any proper reasoning skills, or even only basic cognitive abilities, develop.

But anyhow...................

Funny how you backtrack on your own words. Now, you're adding an additional invalid layer as well... You're taking a specific context in order to pretend as if your general statement applies universally.

And no, to "struggle, "trying" and "working towards" do not mean the same thing.
I work towards meeting my deadline of my software development job, but I'm not struggling to meet it.

These things do no mean the same thing.
And depending on context, they can mean very very different things on their own also.

In your opinion. Not in other muslim's opinion. But apparantly you feel like you can dismiss those opinions with but a handwave and a declaration that your opinion is correct.

I'm not at all demonizing islam, nore am I trying to.

That's just you and the rather common and ordinary idea that any comment about muslims, islam or anything connected to muslims and islam, is an attempt to "demonize" it if the thing being said isn't praising it into the sky.

The fact of the matter is that millions of muslims support the "struggle" of al-qaida and Isis and alike. That millions of muslim would like to see brutal shariah implemented. That millions of muslims think suicide boming of public markets etc are justified.

It's also a fact that many more muslims don't support any such thing.
These are statistical facts. Stating these facts isn't an attempt at "demonizing" islam, nore is stating the fact that the majority doesn't support such radicalism an attempt to praise it into glory.

It's just stating facts. It's okay to state facts.

If you wish to take offense at the facts, then your (emotional) problems are with reality - not with me or my intentions.

This smells like an admission that "jihad" can mean just about anything. Including "holy war".

I think you are not capable of understanding examples because you intend otherwise. So cheers.