• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, Vampires, and Blood

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
As-salāmu ʿalaykum to everyone,

Can some of you help with my understanding of Islam and people who believe they are vampires, and who drink human blood, the vampire community is a huge and growing community and recently someone posted about some 'organization' of Islamic Vampires, and this just sounds completely wrong and against Muslim beliefs to me.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sakeenah

As-salāmu ʿalaykum to everyone,

Can some of you help with my understanding of Islam and people who believe they are vampires, and who drink human blood, the vampire community is a huge and growing community and recently someone posted about some 'organization' of Islamic Vampires, and this just sounds completely wrong and against Muslim beliefs to me.

Thanks!

Wa alaikum assalaam,

I haven't hear of a Islamic Vampire organization. As Muslims we aren't allowed to drink human and animal blood. There is no difference of opinion in this issue.

It is not permissible for the Muslim to swallow blood, whether it is a little or a lot, because blood is haraam, unless it is swallowed by mistake or involuntarily, in which case there is nothing wrong with it. Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He has forbidden you only the Maytah (dead animals), and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allaah (or has been slaughtered for idols, on which Allaah’s Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But if one is forced by necessity without willful disobedience nor transgressing due limits, then there is no sin on him. Truly, Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Baqarah 2:173].

Hope this helps :)

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Wa alaikum assalaam,

I haven't hear of a Islamic Vampire organization. As Muslims we aren't allowed to drink human and animal blood. There is no difference of opinion in this issue.

It is not permissible for the Muslim to swallow blood, whether it is a little or a lot, because blood is haraam, unless it is swallowed by mistake or involuntarily, in which case there is nothing wrong with it. Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He has forbidden you only the Maytah (dead animals), and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allaah (or has been slaughtered for idols, on which Allaah’s Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But if one is forced by necessity without willful disobedience nor transgressing due limits, then there is no sin on him. Truly, Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Baqarah 2:173].

Hope this helps :)
Thank you for replying. Is that quote from the Quran?