• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam or Judaism

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I love how the Muslims have come in and sabotaged this thread but the Jews haven't.

Should give you a clue about which group feels more secure in its faith.

We only offer the advice and we don't care about the other choices.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
We only offer the advice and we don't care about the other choices.
This is exactly your problem. There is a rule on the forum that states you're not allowed to preach your religion in order to convert. Also people spouting unsupported drivel like 'Islam is the native religion.' Just let the woman think for herself and give her some breathing space. Have you ever considered for a second that your religion might be wrong? She certainly has because she left it once. You are going to need to do a good job to convince her again and iron out all the problems she evidently had with Islam before.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Back in the day it was common practice among British people like you. The chances are your grand grand grand......probably did the same thing.
For **** sake.

Please will you DROP this stupid argument.

WE DO NOT EMULATE EVERYTHING OUR ANCESTORS DID LIKE MUSLIMS COPY MUHAMMAD. WE DO NOT CONSIDER THEM MORALLY PERFECT.

/rant

sovietchild

For **** sake.

Please will you DROP this stupid argument.

WE DO NOT EMULATE EVERYTHING OUR ANCESTORS DID LIKE MUSLIMS COPY MUHAMMAD. WE DO NOT CONSIDER THEM MORALLY PERFECT.

/rant

Who is actually emulating him marrying to 13 year girls? What are the chances of that? The chances are next to 0.

And who is emulating him marrying a women who was 15 years older then him, what are the chances of that? Probably next to 0.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Good morning, @SearchingForGod.

I am a Jew. That said, I would encourage you to reread what @Sakeenah wrote above. I doubt that you'll find a more beautiful representative of her faith.

My second recommendation would be three-fold: go easy on yourself, serve justice, and avail yourself of as many interfaith experiences as possible. You'll be fine.

Salaam / L'Shalom ...

Prestor John

This is my problem. I joined this forum first saying that I wished to join either Christianity or Judaism. After doing much thought, I've decided that Christianity probably is not for me, but now my birth religion, Islam, has come into the picture to argue its case. Judaism and Islam are very much alike. Both believe in one god with no human incarnations, both have modesty and dietary laws, and both allow for divorce and the like. Why, then, am I fighting with myself over which one I ought to follow?

Judaism, in all of its beliefs, are what I like. I love how you don't have to be a Jew to get to Heaven. I love how the concept of reincarnation and no Hell exist. And I love how being gay is okay in Judaism, as well as all the other liberal stances on contemporary issues. These beliefs made me feel as though Judaism was perfect for me at first... but I met with a rabbi to start studying and now my Islamic side feels very very sad about this. Like, mournfully sad. I was born and raised as a muslim, with all of the culture and such, and going to Judaism makes me feel as though I'd be throwing away all of my culture and beliefs for something foreign. I've been trying to find a middle ground with this side of myself with all the comparisons I can make between Judaism and Islam, but it doesn't make a difference. It all still hurts.

I think what I miss the most is the big muslim community I was once a part of. Sure, we disagreed when it came to contemporary issues, but it was still home to me. I still had others I could relate to and could notice on the street. I could wave at the other sisters wearing hijabs and they'd wave back with a smile... but if I do that now, I just get strange looks. In essence, I'm out of the club now, and that's painful.

Judaism is cool in theory, but part of me really wants to go home to its roots. I've prayed to God a lot to help show me the way, and I think he appreciates all the effort I'm putting into my search... but I have to imagine that he just wants me to choose what makes me the happiest, and that's the toughest thing to decide.

Thank you, to anyone who has read my rant. I'm just going through a lot right now and needed a place to speak and process what's going on in this scrambled head of mine. It's painful, as I keep saying.
Hello and welcome to RF.

After I read your original post something struck me and as much as I would like to not focus on it - I am compelled to share.

I am not trying to assume anything about you, but from what I read there seems to be an unhealthy emphasis on "me" or on yourself.

I know religion is a very personal thing so you might ask, "Shouldn't I be thinking about me when choosing a religion? What I like and what makes me happy? What I am comfortable with?"

In my opinion, your choice of religion should have almost nothing to do with what benefits you get out of it, but rather on what God wants you to do.

Instead of focusing on those issues (like divorce and homosexuality) or praying to God for your happiness, you should be asking Him what He wants you to believe in and for what would make Him happy.

You should be seeking "truth" rather than a system that conforms to your biases, because God might not agree with you on many of the issues you mentioned.

You should be trying to please Him rather than looking for a "community" that would please yourself.

I believe that if we earnestly seek to please God and to make Him happy, it will in turn bring us the most joy and fulfillment.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
This is exactly your problem. There is a rule on the forum that states you're not allowed to preach your religion in order to convert. Also people spouting unsupported drivel like 'Islam is the native religion.' Just let the woman think for herself and give her some breathing space. Have you ever considered for a second that your religion might be wrong? She certainly has because she left it once. You are going to need to do a good job to convince her again and iron out all the problems she evidently had with Islam before.

It isn't preaching, she asks for advice and it happened that my views is different
than yours and at the end she's free for what she wants to be.

Who is actually emulating him marrying to 13 year girls? What are the chances of that? The chances are next to 0.

And who is emulating him marrying a women who was 15 years older then him, what are the chances of that? Probably next to 0.

Hate to fan the flames, but this actually happened in my muslim side of the family and almost potentially happened with me, so I don't think it's quite that impossible.

Not trying to fight, just stating what happened.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
How do you know that he did and why Aisha didn't marry after him but instead
she spent all her remaining years on teaching Islam.
Because Muhammad had forbidden his wives to remarry after his death.